Spark plugs and Ignition coils (2016 CX-5 NA)

2016 CX-5 AWD, 70k miles. Not a turbo.

Spark plug replacement is due at 75k miles. I’m going to get the NGK plugs that have been recommended on the forum.

1) Should I replace all 4 ignition coils at the same time? How long do the coils typically last?

2) If yes - Mazda OEM ignition coils or aftermarket?

Google says Delphi ignition coils are best, but I have no experience with these.

Found these online for Mazda OEM.

No known issues with the ignition coils at present. Car runs great.

2016 CX-5 AWD, 70k miles. Not a turbo.

Spark plug replacement is due at 75k miles. I’m going to get the NGK plugs that have been recommended on the forum.

1) Should I replace all 4 ignition coils at the same time? How long do the coils typically last?

2) If yes - Mazda OEM ignition coils or aftermarket?

Google says Delphi ignition coils are best, but I have no experience with these.

Found these online for Mazda OEM.

No known issues with the ignition coils at present. Car runs great.
No, no need to replace the coil. These ignition coils are replaced if you have a CEL.

MSRP $153.18 each? Boy, the OEM parts are getting a lot more expensive nowadays!

Before you order the NGKs, please go to your Mazda dealer checking out OEM “Value” spark plugs and find out who is the manufacture if you could. It could be a good alternative other than the aftermarket NGKs.

Out of my curiosity, I searched. For sure there’s a Mazda OEM “Vaule” spark plug for the 2.5L NA too:

Mazda Value Line Skyactiv Spark Plugs (set of 4) PE5R-18-110-MV

For $51 a set of 4, may be it’s a good alternative for the genuine Mazda spark plugs. :unsure:

Upvote 0
On your diesel :)
We have a 16.5 touring as well 👍

Speaking of that, it'll be time to change out the plugs again in another six months or so. They looked so good at 75k when I pulled them that I figured I'd go 100k on them next time.

We're coming up on 7 years and 160,000 trouble free miles. Only issues so far is the room light switch in the overhead has jammed and the driver side has the power seat cable noise. We rarely move the seat or need the light switch so not much of a problem really.

Upvote 0
We have a 16.5 touring as well 👍

Speaking of that, it'll be time to change out the plugs again in another six months or so. They looked so good at 75k when I pulled them that I figured I'd go 100k on them next time.

We're coming up on 7 years and 160,000 trouble free miles. Only issues so far is the room light switch in the overhead has jammed and the driver side has the power seat cable noise. We rarely move the seat or need the light switch so not much of a problem really.
Like I’ve been saying many times before and another living proof that the 2016.5 CX-5 is the best all-around CX-5 so far, period.

Upvote 0
Back