Chris_Top_Her Build Thread 2

may have overreacted a bit to mike m's post as I was upset and looking at the forum while waiting for a cop to meet me after a lady hit me at a stop light then drove off. on the phone or something as I was stopped for at least 30 secs in at about 3 car deep traffic at an intersection. Go figure she was in a 2007 mazda6 which she had just bought (dealer plates still, and I went back to the dealership she bought it from as they were literally <1mi away). At first I wasn't sure about the damage but I didn't want to block the intersections so I suggested we go tot eh gas station in view. Instead she kept driving, so I followed her a bit to see if she was going to pull in somewhere and called the cop on my Bluetooth in the meantime. Clearly she wasn't stopping so they advised me not to follow anymore. After I stopped it was just a small dent (which I popped out) and a small mark on the black part of the lower bumper. I'll probably press charges since she decided to drive off instead of pulling over to gas station. Probably doesn't even have insurance if I did need to file a claim. I am not OK with anyone who pulls s*** like this. Had she stopped, I would have popped that out, as I did and not even worried about it. The left over damage is not immediately noticeable, I can feel warps, but unless you look close you can't tell anything was marked up.

11752424_10155774568340487_5313362147679059062_n.jpg

Last edited:
That dyno chart is impressive.

Your car is nice as well. I would love to do some the things you have done to yours.

What type of things would you be interested in? Some of these mods are not really expensive, all are non permanent (assuming you keep oem stuff).

But the power curve is labelled B.H.P., by definition that can only be measured on an engine dyno correct?

It's labeled whatever the person who made the chart labeled it.

I guess the only thing that matters is that the two curves were measured in the same way, and the net gain between them is accurate.

Maybe the two runs were measured the same way, maybe they weren't. Call me a cynic but my money goes on the latter.

What type of things would you be interested in? Some of these mods are not really expensive, all are non permanent (assuming you keep oem stuff).

Mainly the sway bars, exhaust, tails and potentially the springs. My CX-5 is less than one month old so I'll probably wait until I'm out of the bumper-to-bumper before touching anything outside of cosmetic details.

Mainly the sway bars, exhaust, tails and potentially the springs. My CX-5 is less than one month old so I'll probably wait until I'm out of the bumper-to-bumper before touching anything outside of cosmetic details.
H&R springs will run about $250-300 new, there are some people selling used H&R's as well (actually a guy on the cx-5 club (USA) Facebook page is selling a set right now 175 shipped for anyone who is looking). Corksport drop might be too much some, and some users have reported hitting the bump stops. There are Eibach as well. Sway bar will run $150-250, there are actually quite a few options available now; the Corksport comes with billet brackets which is a big deal compared to OEM style brackets that may bend with the stiffer bar. A catback (racing beat/corksport+ some JDM's) will run $450+ new, tips only will cost like $50 or less. Aftermarket taillights start at about $300 a pair, with a bunch of styles out now (at least 6). It should be noted for maximum compatibility, the c/s sway bar works best with the C/S springs otherwise you may not be able to run it at full stiff using the OEM end links.

Last edited:
H&R springs will run about $250-300 new, there are some people selling used H&R's as well (actually a guy on the cx-5 club (USA) Facebook page is selling a set right now 175 shipped for anyone who is looking). Corksport drop might be too much some, and some users have reported hitting the bump stops. There are Eibach as well. Sway bar will run $150-250, there are actually quite a few options available now; the Corksport comes with billet brackets which is a big deal compared to OEM style brackets that may bend with the stiffer bar. A catback (racing beat/corksport+ some JDM's) will run $450+ new, tips only will cost like $50 or less. Aftermarket taillights start at about $300 a pair, with a bunch of styles out now (at least 6). It should be noted for maximum compatibility, the c/s sway bar works best with the C/S springs otherwise you may not be able to run it at full stiff using the OEM end links.
Do you have a link to that Facebook page? I didn't find it with a quick search.

Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, are the tails interchangeable between the 2015 and 2016 models?

Selling both of my rear spoilers. Prefer one buyer but willing to separate. Will ship. PM

QkL4QIB.jpg

GNBqrmZ.jpg

I went to a machine shop and had them fabricate a longer rod (110mm i believe) to replace the red rod included with the auto exe because it was too short with the c/s bar and H&r spring

Chris, why did you replace the links? Corcksport told me, that it should work with the Corcksport springs.

Can't speak for C/S. I had H&R. You will have to see if the OEM links are ok to use on max stiff with the C/S bar/springs

Back