Anyone here ever ran a 5.9A/F reading

Today the car finally gave me a code: P0455 N.e body that knows what could this be so ican check or fix it please lmk. Thanks in advance.

i don't understand how you can even get a 5.9 AFR reading when the guage only displays between 10.1 and 20.1 AFR
and if you're getting reading below 10AFR then you have it adjusted for the wrong type of fuel

but what do i know i don't own that same AFR guage... it's just from a quick google search on the range the guage displays

hope you figure it out

Last edited:
i don't understand how you can even get a 5.9 AFR reading when the guage only displays between 10.1 and 20.1 AFR
and if you're getting reading below 10AFR then you have it adjusted for the wrong type of fuel

but what do i know i don't own that same AFR guage... it's just from a quick google search on the range the guage displays

hope you figure it out

I will check the settings but it does read 5.9 unless the guage is taking a s***.

I guess I will take it to get inspected for n.e leaks on the fuel system, I check for n.e thing loose and could't find n.e thing. But my next question is how would I know if is the gas cap? would I actually see gas around the cap once the gas door is open?

try calling autometer?

10 afrs are on the rich side too, even though you've done alot of breathing mods, with the 626 IM it should be leaner.

clean the maf, could be fouling the readings to the ecu.

yeah thats what a mechanic told me, I wish there was alot of msp's around so I could swap my maf for a sec. to try it out.

YEah...something is up....The Autometer only goes down to 6:1.....which is what is may be doing....and you might have a bad sensor, unless you are flat out dumping fuel on WOT.

YEah...something is up....The Autometer only goes down to 6:1.....which is what is may be doing....and you might have a bad sensor, unless you are flat out dumping fuel on WOT.

Yeah, this sucks b/c all the mechanics around my area don't like to work on this car's and don't know much about them. I wish people like your self would live near by to check it out.

N I don't get how I also have a P0455 (big leak) related to fuel system when I also feel that the msp stumbles in boost from being rich. ******* fustrating

This is the best area for MSP help you will find. There are more MSPs in FL it's just that they spread out more. I really doubt you are running a 5.9, you'd be shooting flames or popping like crazy. Do you have a CAT by the way? Do you smell sulfur?

You should take your car to a Mazda tech not just any mechanic that says they don't want to touch it because they don't know much about it or haven't seen it before its a car the basic principles.apply to any car! Get it check out by a qualified tech is all I'm saying.... my 2 cents

I just think its funny on here when anything goes wrong with a car people just go on a part swapping rampage. They don't bother picking up a book and troubleshoot the actual problem. I'm not putting anyone down. Just don't throw your money away on unnecessary parts. Too many people go straight for the coils and plugs. If you can't troubleshoot pay an actual ASE certified mazda tech that that will fix it right the first time. It will save you money in the long run. Your usually run of the mill "mechanic" is usually just a glorified parts swapper. Sorry I'm just tired of seeing this.

^^ I feel you, is my car but my wife drives it more than I do since I have my own toy(race car) and shes getting tire of how theres always an issu with the car so I might be tradding it or saling it. But I will fix this issue 1st. As far as I got on the P0455 is that when the fuel system or evap system reads boost it needs to let that pressure out somewhere and thats where the leak happens and check engine light. Now just trying to figure out why would this happen to the MSP since only proteges that go turbo should experience this if n.e thing.

Back