please explain

MSPLIFE

:
MSP 3.5
well as alot of people know i had a gt28rs that i thought was my problem why the car would act like s*** once it read 1psi. So i traded my turbo for the stock one plus a whole aftermarket smi set up. and i did the swap and the car runs a little better. like now it can go in boost and no fuel cut but it stll drives like s*** in the sence that you feel it holding back and it isn't smooth. what could it be? mods:injen cai, vibrant exhauxt with 0 cats, 626im, stock turbo getting 8psi and it reads 9.8 a/f and harpipes with upgraded smi.

Also swap my wires and plugs and still the same. Is it possible that the stock tune is that bad that i need a piggy even though i don't have too much boost

I'd say its the stock tune. Stock tune is terrible. EMS would help it/ eliminate it. Has the ecu been reflashed that you know of?

Last edited:
someone correct me if im wrong but if i would to reflash the ecu at the dealer, it not good if im planing to up the boost later on or build the motor. And what those a re-flash do?

SSAFC FTMFW!!! you need a tune. with all those mods and no tune you sill run like crap.

...i've never tuned mine and i have a few more mods with no issues?

possible small vac. leak with the mani install? higher temps in FL (thanks, summer) causing heat soak?

Like everyone else said EMS would be your best bet. I know it helped a ton when I installed mine.

Personally I think, your problems are your no cats. Maybe the intake mani isn't helping either(some people say it works, some have problems) but I can't comment on that, mine is stock.

Anyway, when I ran the apexr1 3in. no cats, it would sometimes feel like it pulled hard. Never all the time.

Put on a cat, problem solved. Always consistant performance.

Maybe and likely the afc would help, but Idk. Don't have one, and never ran catless when I had the MPI.(for like 2 month's lol)

Put 1 cat on that car!

Personally I think, your problems are your no cats. Maybe the intake mani isn't helping either(some people say it works, some have problems) but I can't comment on that, mine is stock.

Anyway, when I ran the apexr1 3in. no cats, it would sometimes feel like it pulled hard. Never all the time.

Put on a cat, problem solved. Always consistant performance.

Maybe and likely the afc would help, but Idk. Don't have one, and never ran catless when I had the MPI.(for like 2 month's lol)

Put 1 cat on that car!

thats not right. no cats frees up the turbo. adding a cat would put more resistance againts the turbo, thus making it run worse.

thats not right. no cats frees up the turbo. adding a cat would put more resistance againts the turbo, thus making it run worse.

Whatever you say. Speaking from my experience, tried no cats/non- fouler didn't work, put 1 cat back on works great.

throught the time of having these drivability concerns was your MIL ever on? (malfunction indicator lamp) or i guess CEL as others would call it

someone correct me if im wrong but if i would to reflash the ecu at the dealer, it not good if im planing to up the boost later on or build the motor. And what those a re-flash do?

Got the stock hood still? there should be a sticker on the hood if you have the reflash.

your A/F is pretty rich... even after all those mods. anything in the 9's is too rich, you're target should be closer to 12.5, 11.5 if you want to be conservative. lean that out and your car will definitely run much smoother and stronger.

your A/F is pretty rich... even after all those mods. anything in the 9's is too rich, you're target should be closer to 12.5, 11.5 if you want to be conservative. lean that out and your car will definitely run much smoother and stronger.

Thus a AFC will fix your problems, but it could be a vac leak. You can never for 100% know what is wrong with a vehicle without checking it out and seeing for your self, so never take anyone's word for gospel (if you know what i mean) Best of luck -B-

Back