air filter direct to turbo

I know... but I'm saying to run the perrin for an intake without the MAF on it. But turn the perrin upside-down. So the tube goes from the turbo to the bottom of the engine bay... might work pretty good. It' will get "cooler" air...

Brian MP5T said:
Not really, the outlet is off axis with the turbine. I think you are really loosing perspective. You are talking about 0.0001% loss to flow.

True. I can't argue that, I don't know anything about the dynamics of airflow. Thats what made the most sense in explaining why one design worked better than the other to me. If it was only .0001 % different, it made a major difference nonetheless

MazdaSpeedSter said:
I know... but I'm saying to run the perrin for an intake without the MAF on it. But turn the perrin upside-down. So the tube goes from the turbo to the bottom of the engine bay... might work pretty good. It' will get "cooler" air...

Colder is always perfered, normally on a car equipped with a FMIC or SMIC, the diference is not normally worth the effort to **** around with it.

If the intake is 25 or 23 Deg, it's still going to go through a IC...

my guess would be the diff. in intake temps is much larger when its direct filter vs. SRI(depends on brand)/CAI

Back