A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5

One-touch Open/close Power Windows with Anti-pinch Function and Illuminated Switches

52 saw one with it in didnt he?
Yep, I actually saw 3 2018 CX-5s at my dealers lot - 1 GT and 2 Tourings and all of them have one-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch function and illuminated switches on 4 windows. The brochure and specs at Mazda North American Operations website are wrong! Thats why I called these features not mentioned by MNAO surprises!

Yrwei- can you confirm auto up for non-driver windows?..reviews said auto down only other than driver GRRR!
Yeah, I can confirm it. Not only I had a visual but also Id tried them on 2018 CX-5 GT and Touring. For Mazda if theres an illuminated light on power window switch, that window has one-touch open-close feature. I also checked anti-pinch function coming with one-touch open-close feature on all 4 windows and moonroof, they all worked as intended.

A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5 - Post #1
One-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch capability and illuminated switches for all windows:
attachment.php

A Few Surprises from US 2018 Mazda CX-5 -Post #91
Illuminated one-touch open/close power window switch on right-rear door:
attachment.php

Yep, I actually saw 3 2018 CX-5’s at my dealer’s lot - 1 GT and 2 Touring’s and all of them have one-touch open/close power windows with anti-pinch function and illuminated switches on 4 windows. The brochure and specs at Mazda North American Operations’ website are wrong! That’s why I called these features not mentioned by MNAO surprises!
Time for you to personally deal with Mazda North America to get the official documents changed. This is your crusade!

People flock to LEXUS because it’s a LEXUS. Just like many buy a BMW because it’s a revered brand, not because “how it drives“ or how “they drive” but because they look good in it.

I’m a BMW guy. It’s all subjective about “looking good in one.”

It’s “revered” because of their consistent balance of sport and lux. BMW makes compromises where others don’t and strikes a good balance between the two.

That being said, my wife isn’t a car person and that’s where the CX-5 comes in. If I had my way, she’s driving the new X-3 and I’m driving a 540i xdrive. I love my M4 and what it provides in the “looking good in it” department. But it compromises luxury for the sake of performance. I’ll certainly miss it, but my back won’t.

These press releases are often wrong or not updated. 52 sat in one and worked the auto windows. That’s proof enough for me. The spotty youth in Mazda headquarters who is responsible for producing the spec sheet probably doesn’t even know what auto windows are. I’ve got several similar examples in Toyota publications.

These press releases are often wrong or not updated. 52 sat in one and worked the auto windows. That’s proof enough for me. The spotty youth in Mazda headquarters who is responsible for producing the spec sheet probably doesn’t even know what auto windows are. I’ve got several similar examples in Toyota publications.
This is not just the spec sheet, it's also the full blown brochure that's on the website. Massive stuff up then

Yes, I’ve got glossy sales brochures with the wrong stuff in them. Time will tell how they start coming through.
Just like US 2016 Mazda CX-5 sales brochure says “real-time traffic alerts” in Navigation which doesn’t exist.

attachment.php

BA333951-33D0-462C-8F5D-387F6305D663.png

You guys know that documentation errors are really common right? Like the manual says you get power for several seconds to roll up windows after turning off the car. But in reality you do not.

You guys know that documentation errors are really common right? Like the manual says you get power for several seconds to roll up windows after turning off the car. But in reality you do not.
I believe most people do. That’s why I said Mazda North American Operations made the mistake on this earlier. The other example is the specs of spare tire for 2016 CX-5 AWD on MNAO website at the time said the AWD CX-5 gets larger-diameter temporary spare - T155/90 D18 matching the overall diameter of road tires, but in fact we gets T145/90D16 106M smaller-diameter temporary spare for AWD - saved a penny for Mazda! :)

I believe most people do. That’s why I said Mazda North American Operations made the mistake on this earlier. The other example is the specs of spare tire for 2016 CX-5 AWD on MNAO website at the time said the AWD CX-5 gets larger-diameter temporary spare - T155/90 D18 matching the overall diameter of road tires, but in fact we gets T145/90D16 106M smaller-diameter temporary spare for AWD - saved a penny for Mazda! :)
Yes, I made my own arrangements for that.

I get several seconds (45?) of retained power in my US CX-5 GT. Although, it's only for driver's window and not sunroof. I've learned to make sure everything is closed before I park.

I get several seconds (45?) of retained power in my US CX-5 GT. Although, it's only for driver's window and not sunroof. I've learned to make sure everything is closed before I park.

That is correct. If I recall correctly from the owners manual, the retained power feature STOPS as soon as ANY door is opened.

With regards to the real time traffic alerts, this feature works for me when I am near a big city, but it is the separate (unzoomable) HD TRAFFIC MAP application on the application menu of the MZD Connect infotainment system, and not a feature of the Nav system.

Is this what they are referring to when they talk about the real time traffic alerts>?

It's not live though. It's historic. Can we not bring this subject up again? LOL

The cars pictured/tested could be early production/demo model that does not comply with US spec. Anyone else see lighted auto close window buttons in another location?

Where are our 18 owners? Apparently, they aren't sticking around.

Back