3m carbon fiber wrap...

So found some other stuff just like the 3m cf, but its cheaper because it doesn't have the peel back adhesive and looks exactly like the 3m cf. You have to use 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive to apply it and neffywrap.com is the place where it comes from. Thinking about ordering a yard of it?

Got my 3M cf just now so about to get started on covering some stuff in the car. Pictures will be up soon.

hehe... i just got my 40sq ft roll in the mail today...
i'll probably start covering stuff tomorrow though...
is too lazy right now to think lol

first i'm going to try an cover my extra stock gas cover...
take it to a friend and see if he can clear coat it...
if all goes well... i'll be doing my dg lip, mb side skirts, and the bottom portion of my mb rear bumper... hell if it doesn't take well to clear i'll probably still do it any how

my first impression after opening up the tube the stuff came in... is well... amazing... very real looking... seems soft and easy to work with... reflects light just like real carbon fiber

Last edited:
Here you go. I'm going to take some better pictures during the day tomorrow because I also covered my door switches and passenger part bellow the air bag with the vent
PICT0224-1.jpg

This stuff looks pretty good be
I'm interested to see it in person tho

I ordered a sample so i can see how it feels...so we will see

Where did you get the sample from?
I'm looking at the link you provided above this post I can't find anywhere that says sample in it tho

This looks sweet....but classified as RICE?

even if it is kinda rice...
i love it... looks exactly like real carbon fiber and reflects light (changes color) like real carbon fiber... i just did my external hard drive and it's sick... i'm gonna try a few more smaller things to get more practice before i start doing bigger items :)

it looks way better in person... pictures don't really do it any justice

if using a heat gun... make sure it's on low or you hold it kinda far away... i tried doing my gas cover but had a little too much heat... lol... and kinda melted it a bit... that's why i ended up taking it off the gas cover and using what was not damaged and covering my external hard drive... i believe you only need heat for corners and what not so it stretches over... instead of it crinkling up...

p.s thanks mp3 for the pm... i gotta wait until next week before i can take anything to get clear coated at my friends shop

Last edited:
This looks sweet....but classified as RICE?

Let's not turn this into one of those I think this might be rice threads.If you like it cool be different if you don't keep it moving simple as that.Look's good guy's great work with this stuff!!!

im a little confused - is this real carbon fiber with a sticky back, is it just printed on vinyl, or is it neither... i.e. a special vinyl blend or woven vinyl so it has a better finish?

for all real CF, and probably this stuff too, you should put a gel coat / UV on it before any clear coat. you absolutely must have it if the material has any epoxy in it.

it does look pretty good.

im a little confused - is this real carbon fiber with a sticky back, is it just printed on vinyl, or is it neither... i.e. a special vinyl blend or woven vinyl so it has a better finish?

for all real CF, and probably this stuff too, you should put a gel coat / UV on it before any clear coat. you absolutely must have it if the material has any epoxy in it.

it does look pretty good.

Nope its not real

What's this Gel Coat you talk of? is it a can I can find at the paint shop or something?

Nope its not real

What's this Gel Coat you talk of? is it a can I can find at the paint shop or something?

Nah the UV gel coat is the same crap they put on the expensive and cheap carbon fiber hood's and it still fade's or peals after awhile.Just clear coat it all together if you wanted too and if you go that route wax it once in awhile that's all.I clear coated a carbon fiber hood I was working on before and it came out great!

if using a heat gun... make sure it's on low or you hold it kinda far away... i tried doing my gas cover but had a little too much heat... lol... and kinda melted it a bit... that's why i ended up taking it off the gas cover and using what was not damaged and covering my external hard drive... i believe you only need heat for corners and what not so it stretches over... instead of it crinkling up...

p.s thanks mp3 for the pm... i gotta wait until next week before i can take anything to get clear coated at my friends shop

you only use a heat gun to shrink vinyl, dont try to heat and strech because it will probably make the weave look distorted
when i vinyl'ed my hood in matte black i used it in some places to get out small bubbles and it worked really good

but like you said, low setting (750 degrees) and make sure to move the heat gun in a figure 8 aound the spot so u dont heat it too much and melt it

Back