13b cosmo

13bcosmo

:
eunos cosmo
My dark green/grey Cosmo. needs a fair bit of restoration its slowly getting there. 13b ported. tuff stuff seals. running on penrite hi-per 2stroke. simoni steering wheel.

Attachments

• 7106859.jpg
    7106859.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 412
  • 7106865.jpg
    7106865.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 478
  • 7106866.jpg
    7106866.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 414
  • IMAGE_635.jpg
    IMAGE_635.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
My dark green/grey Cosmo. needs a fair bit of restoration its slowly getting there. 13b ported. tuff stuff seals. running on penrite hi-per 2stroke. simoni steering wheel. interior done by me. removed as much dead weight as possible. its my daily driver, 99% of people dont know what it is. at intersections v12's and 10's get sideways for me. im running on some rubbish tires. can break traction at basically any speed. ie/ accelerating from 80 to 100 on straights in the dry.

Looks great!

I love the factory body kit.

I should do the exhaust after an ecu. not that i really want more power just tone and maybe use less petrol. I like the racingbeat furai exhaust.

Attachments

• S_5425.jpg
    S_5425.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 274
  • L_2062.jpg
    L_2062.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 260
  • blue diamond 8.5 inch.jpg
    blue diamond 8.5 inch.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
something that i find intriguing. is that i saw in an autosaloon magazine that there was a 40 year rotary anniversary Cosmo released along with fd rx7. cant find anything online about those. i believe there was either 50 or 500 built in 2007??

does anyone use hold mode? just wondering how strong the jatco is, i rarely use it as i broke 2nd on a honda gearbox. downshifting at too high revs.

Last edited:
Yes people do use the hold button. There is not much of a need to. If your gearbox is well maintained and operating well it should not hunt for gears.

Yes people do use the hold button. There is not much of a need to. If your gearbox is well maintained and operating well it should not hunt for gears.

I would think the hold is useless. It's not like tip tonic where you shift up and down.

You may want to know that l use HOLD all the time. For around town driving l always drive in S-mode. D-mode l leave for 100km/h motorways etc.

With S-mode engaged, you can downshift from 3rd to 2nd for taking corners by a simple pressing the HOLD button. Makes driving all the more controlable for a "button pusher" like myself.

REgards

the S mode doesn't sound particularly like the hold. Iv grown quite fond of S recently basically moderate engine braking. although the car sounds quite angry in hold. I want to hear it driving past. went for a drive last nite it was raining. hold has so much more torque.
just driving straight. 5000 in 1st foot of gas to 2nd touch accelerator and got wheel spin. slightly off axis. Then the same thing happened again downshifting. to 1st at under 40k's. not even at the high end of the revband. trying to be easy on the gearbox. Really starting to hate my federal ss 595’s people give them such good reviews, saying they have phenomenal grip. Hydroplaning is such an issue for me.

i think it can’t be much different to a tiptronic apart from the shift gate.

Now that that’s sorted how do I tell if I have a viscous lsd. It’s supposed to be only optional in type s. mines a type sx with leather and suede interior. I just need to be certain. Been searching forums for days now to no avail. Considering http://www.nengun.com/re-amemiya/lsd-super-racing only problem is it’s for a jcese is it compatible? the only thing I don’t like about clutch based is I won’t know how to tell when it’s worn out. Dmrh did modifications to fit his its shown on his site. 20b to 13b dif. What was needed there?

Last edited:
DMRH will get back to you on the diff I'm sure. As for wheel spin, well its because our engines have a load of torque. You can spend more on tyres and still get the spin. So don't worry about it :)

The Cosmo's backend is light. Take the spare tyre out and have not much fuel in the tank and it is very easy to get the tail out for some sideways action.

A full tank of fuel AND spare tyre make a lot of difference.

Also what tyre size are you running? If you are running 21inch rims, then the tyres will skate over the bumps in the road. Optimal traction is seen on smaller tyres. Of course I'm not saying you need 12inch rims. But there is a reason why most slicks and semi slicks are made for 17inch rims.

I have Federal 595's on the rear of my car and although they will still "slip" when forced too, I have found their grip to be quite reasonable. Then again, these are 265's.

Last edited:
G'day from DMRH.

Applying to the 13B-REW version only...........

The series-l version had the LSD as an option. If the buyer wanted an LSD then it came with ABS too. In all my time of viewing near 150 different JC Cosmo's l have seen just 2x LSD/ABS opted series-l 13B-REW versions.

On the other hand, all the series-ll versions got an LSD as standard equipment. How to know if you have a series-l or series-ll....?

VIN prefix.

JC3SE = series-l
JC3S = series-ll

As for mixing & matching. Check the LSD page (page-10?) in the "My Cosmo " section of the DMRH web site.

REgards

Yes. I'm running 17's bbs 225 front 255 rear. nothing in the boot at all. noticed a significant difference the day i removed it, they dont seem to make high pitched screeching noises like silicon. for some reason i think their made of the old type of rubber. well thats how i treat them..... rather quite when they do slip. and more than once i'v had front tires slip. they came with the the car and were new. fair amount of tread still... unsure of age.

well its always good to have tires to destroy. have a spare set of bridgestone adrenalins aswell..

does anyone have the actual part numbers for rear bushes. iv searched forums but they dont seem to be actual numbers. need rubbers and clips numbers.

also need to know whether all rear bushes are the same part number upper and lower, i'll be installing cusco items soon.

Last edited:
what are peoples fuel consumption?
I estimate around 20 litres per 100 k'ms (62 miles, 5.3 gallons). i wonder if somethings causing this or its normal. and i assume 3 rotor would be using around 25 if this is normal. I actually wouldn't expect this unless running hard but its a pretty consistent figure. with my standard driving, not in power mode.

I will have to go back and find it, but when mine was fairly stock 20B with a port job, I would get around 18L per 100KM driving like a granny. (keeping it under 3,000RPM). However, at the time my tune was super-rich.

The official Eunos info says that the 13B should get 7.2KM/L and 10.5KM/L on the highway. So yours is about 5KM/L?

The 20B's "official" figures are 6.0KM/L normal and 9.7KM/L on the highway. Although these figures are way too optimistic. (jerkit) Based on my experience of driving the 20B conservatively, i get 5.55KM/L. However that is worse now with the mods i have! (drinks)

There can a few contributing factors to the higher than normal usage, however what the factory claims to be normal is far from realistic.

does the type e or 20b have a fuel usage gauge?
people seem to be able to give exact figures.
whats the worst you have seen then.
thats a bit of a relief. I completely misread those figures. used to seeing things per hundred. not per kilometer. their not often accurate i know. I"m out by like 5 litres per 100k's. which i can blame on porting my driving and inaccurate figures.
i figured something was wrong. cat's been changed. think i better have sensors double checked still.
I am probably running a little rich.

does the type e or 20b have a fuel usage gauge?
people seem to be able to give exact figures.
whats the worst you have seen then.
thats a bit of a relief. I completely misread those figures. used to seeing things per hundred. not per kilometer. their not often accurate i know. I"m out by like 5 litres per 100k's. which i can blame on porting my driving and inaccurate figures.
i figured something was wrong. cat's been changed. think i better have sensors double checked still.
I am probably running a little rich.

Mate they all run rich as hell.
u can fck around with changing sensors etc but theres only so much better it can get.
Do u have an aftermarket computer?
if not id suggest u get one.
A stock computer is for a stock motor, esp if u have ported it a new tune is a must.
It may be rich in cruise and light loads, but ill guarantee its dangerously lean up top under high load.

Haltech e8 is the way to go, i was haltechs guinea pig for the plug n play e8 so every cosmo owner should take advantage of this.
trust me u will never look back once its set up.
it will run perfect no matter what and will save u money in the long run on petrol and plugs. talk to hitman as race solutions if your keen

Back