My 1990 JCESE Eunos Cosmo

So, now the car is randomly shutting off. I started it this morning and went to drive, and it shut off when I hit the gas. I figured I pressed the gas too much, so next time I left it in park and revved the engine a little and the car shut off again. Maybe fuel? I filled it up about a week ago, so I don't think the fuel quality is bad. Any ideas?

So, now the car is randomly shutting off. I started it this morning and went to drive, and it shut off when I hit the gas. I figured I pressed the gas too much, so next time I left it in park and revved the engine a little and the car shut off again. Maybe fuel? I filled it up about a week ago, so I don't think the fuel quality is bad. Any ideas?

It can be a few things but first we need to know if it is stalling or is it cutting out?

I think it's cutting out. I can put it in drive and go slow, but if I put too much gas it'll just stop. There's no bucking, no shaking, no stuttering, just out like a light.

Do the dash lights stay on when it cuts out? (i.e. all of the warning lights) or does the dash shut off entirely?

No clue. The gauge cluster is still out from the TWS being fried. I'm still waiting for that. It stopped having that problem and works like a champ, now. I'm sure it'll come back, though.

Dual-Tip RE-Amemiya dolphin tip exhaust installed. Not much louder than stock, but it looks better.

Hi from New Zealand.
Sorry what is the TWS? and how did the cluster repair go? I am about to repair a friends if possible? dash back light hasn't worked for a while but in some angels you can still see it. any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back