118 Miles at delivery??

I will say that my deal was done all through the internet and when I showed up to pick her up, I was in and out in an hour. I couldn't believe it. That's the shortest amount of time I've ever spent at a car dealer. It was at Duval Mazda in Jacksonville, FL.

runtohell121, I feel your pain... I purchased my CX-5 last weekend from Fremont Mazda and I agree they seem like a shady dealership.

I learned what to watch out for from my past experience at Menlo Mazda in Redwood City. Long story short, Menlo inflated my monthly payment figure on my Mazda3 and told me they had a special coupon that would "magically" reduce my interest rate if I bought a $500 alarm, which I did but then promptly went back a few days later to cancel it once I figured out the scam.

Luckily I came through OK from Fremont Mazda since all my negotiation was through email, but I'd rather not do business with them again. I wanted to trade in the 3 when I bought the CX-5 and the salesguy came back with an AutoCheck report saying it had 2 prior accidents. Nevermind that they were minor ones (less than $1K in repairs), he said they couldn't sell it at all and would have to auction it off. He offered $1800 for it (KBB has it at $5300 trade-in value) and I thought he was joking. When I came back a week later to actually buy the CX-5, he came back to me at $4000, then right before I left it went all the way up to $5100. How can the value go up $3300 in a matter of days? (uhm)

Also, everytime I arrived there was always a group of salesguys out front just hanging out and smoking, way to be professional. And I was there for almost 3 hours, mostly just waiting around for them to finalize and approve everything. My guy didn't even give me a tour of the new car or anything, just gave me the keys and said "any questions?". By that time I was like just give me the keys and I'll figure it out myself.

I consider them as shady as the finance person pretty much forced us to buy the extended warranty in order to be 'qualified' for the 0.9% APR when knowing our credit was pretty good already. I bought the warranty anyways, thought I can cancel it later if I really don't think I need it.

Most of my negotiation was done through email also. But still not good dealership as I went to Fremont Mazda, showed them the damn email, told me the prices were not reasonable. At first, I pretty much wanted to get the Touring w/o Bose & Moonroof package since the OTD price on that car was low and seems like a pretty good deal. When I went there, they told me they don't have the car, would not get it from any other dealer. So I ended up asking for the Bose & moonroof package version and they finally told me they will get the color I want from another dealer. They never specify where the car was coming from so I assume it was hauled/tow truck bed to Fremont. Apparently that wasn't the case. Was driven from Maita Mazda (Sacromento). Totally unsatisfied with the mileage on the car and the paint chip but they didn't do much about it besides 'repairing' the bumper which in this case was not good either. They then threw in all weather floor mats and a keychain, but instead of the keychain (since they forgot to order it), they gave me a tank of gas. Took forever to get the mats in and never received a call, had to drive up there again to check on it and they totally "forgot" about it.

Yeah, every time you go to Fremont Mazda, they're usually outside smoking or just doing nothing productive. I didn't get a tour either, didn't ask me much, just handed the keys to me and told me to go when I first inspected the car (before leaving it to them to repair). Second time, same thing, just gave me the key and told me to go, you're all done lol.

I consider them as shady as the finance person pretty much forced us to buy the extended warranty in order to be 'qualified' for the 0.9% APR when knowing our credit was pretty good already. I bought the warranty anyways, thought I can cancel it later if I really don't think I need it.

Most of my negotiation was done through email also. But still not good dealership as I went to Fremont Mazda, showed them the damn email, told me the prices were not reasonable. At first, I pretty much wanted to get the Touring w/o Bose & Moonroof package since the OTD price on that car was low and seems like a pretty good deal. When I went there, they told me they don't have the car, would not get it from any other dealer. So I ended up asking for the Bose & moonroof package version and they finally told me they will get the color I want from another dealer. They never specify where the car was coming from so I assume it was hauled/tow truck bed to Fremont. Apparently that wasn't the case. Was driven from Maita Mazda (Sacromento). Totally unsatisfied with the mileage on the car and the paint chip but they didn't do much about it besides 'repairing' the bumper which in this case was not good either. They then threw in all weather floor mats and a keychain, but instead of the keychain (since they forgot to order it), they gave me a tank of gas. Took forever to get the mats in and never received a call, had to drive up there again to check on it and they totally "forgot" about it.

Yeah, every time you go to Fremont Mazda, they're usually outside smoking or just doing nothing productive. I didn't get a tour either, didn't ask me much, just handed the keys to me and told me to go when I first inspected the car (before leaving it to them to repair). Second time, same thing, just gave me the key and told me to go, you're all done lol.

It's too bad that they had the best price out of all the dealers in the Bay Area for the trim and configuration I was looking for. I really wanted to do business with Putnam Mazda in Burlingame but their CX-5 stock was limited.

It's too bad that they had the best price out of all the dealers in the Bay Area for the trim and configuration I was looking for. I really wanted to do business with Putnam Mazda in Burlingame but their CX-5 stock was limited.

They were easy enough to deal with, I bought my 2013 from Putnam Burlingame in March 2012.

Latest posts

Back