Is 30,000 miles on a 2020 CX-5 too high?

I have never owned a Mazda before, but I saw a 2020 CX-5 GT at a Mazda dealer nearby. It has 30000 miles on the engine. Are the miles too high, or nothing to warry about? The car looks good with a lot of bells and whistles.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:
Well, since the average miles per year is stated at 12k, I would say slightly on the low side. Depending on when the original owner took delivery.

No, mileage is not too high. Just make sure you get the service records. At 30,000 only service should be oil changes, tire rotations, maybe engine air filter and cabin filter. Have the brakes inspected, see how much pad life is left.

No, mileage is not too high. Just make sure you get the service records. At 30,000 only service should be oil changes, tire rotations, maybe engine air filter and cabin filter. Have the brakes inspected, see how much pad life is left.
thanks for your respond. they did oil change and tire rotation at every 5k miles. it is a cpo, and they said they did 160 points inspection.

I have never owned a Mazda before, but I saw a 2020 CX-5 GT at a Mazda dealer nearby. It has 30000 miles on the engine. Are the miles too high, or nothing to warry about? The car looks good with a lot of bells and whistles.

it was May 2020.
It sounded like the previous owner got rid of this 2020 CX-5 GT right after the new-car warranty expired?

Since it’s from a Mazda dealer, does it come with Mazda’s CPO warranty for additional 12 months or 12,000 miles bumper-to-bumper, and 7-year / 100,000-mile powertrain warranty and roadside assistance? At 30,000 miles you want to check the rear brakes. Also check the possible oil leak at the back side of cylinder head area (cracked cylinder head). And check the valve tapping noise (failing switchable hydraulic lash adjusters).

It sounded like the previous owner got rid of this 2020 CX-5 GT right after the new-car warranty expired?

Since it’s from a Mazda dealer, does it come with Mazda’s CPO warranty with additional 12 months or 12,000 miles for bmper-to-bumper, and 7-year / 100,000-mile powertrain warranty and roadside assistance? At 30,000 miles you want to check the rear brakes. Also check the possible oil leak at the back side of cylinder head area (cracked cylinder head). And check the valve tapping noise (failing switchable hydraulic lash adjusters).
yes, it has cpo warranty. i will take a look under the hood for oil leaks, but checking the valve tapping noise is beyond my ability. i will ask about the brakes. thanks for your advice.

30,000 on a Mazda motor really isn’t that high. And it proves that the chances of you having the dreaded cracked head/issues with the motor or rather unlikely. If it’s CPO than 30,000 miles is still OK my last ‘19 CX five I bought in 2020 or 2021 with 38,500 miles.

No the average person puts about 15,000 miles a year on a car.

Back