How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

I have a package at the post office waiting for me to pick-up. If we would have checked the mail box yesterday I would have mine installed already. Alas I will have to wait until Monday. fml.

Received my black leathers today. Amazing how unobstructed the rear view is now. I also loaded a crate into the back without having to move the front seats or remove the rear headrests. Yay!

Received my black leathers today. Amazing how unobstructed the rear view is now. I also loaded a crate into the back without having to move the front seats or remove the rear headrests. Yay!

It's awesome!

I have a package at the post office waiting for me to pick-up. If we would have checked the mail box yesterday I would have mine installed already. Alas I will have to wait until Monday. fml.

Sorry man... Just don't drive your CX-5 til you pick up the package on Monday. :p

Sorry man... Just don't drive your CX-5 til you pick up the package on Monday. :p
That didn't happen. Going to drive it to the post office in a few minutes, that way I can pick-up, install, and enjoy in one trip. Win, win, win.

Love them! So nice to have an unobstructed view through the back glass.
Fendyman. Do you by chance own stock in a packing tape company? I had one hell of a time getting the box open with a key. Just kidding, nice packing job. TBH just plain fast I didn't expect them until tomorrow at the earliest.
A word of caution for any of you with little ones that are thinking about getting these. Those with forward facing car seats will have to run the rear anchor strap over the headrest. It made my sons seat a little wonky. Nothing serious by any means I just wanted to give a heads up.
My wife will love them for sure.

how to acquire non-US Spec rear head restraints for my US-spec CX-5

I received my Sand leather(ette) headrests today, too (pn# KD51-88-240). They look and smell awesome (yes, I smelled them (rlaugh)). Fendyman, super fast shipping, thanks!
a9uqydyh.jpg

Last edited:
I received my Sand leather(ette) headrests today, too (pn# KD51-88-240). They look and smell awesome (yes, I smelled them (rlaugh)). Fendyman, super fast shipping, thanks!
a9uqydyh.jpg
Camera angle shows how much they open up the rear view compared to US spec. But leaving them off works even better for me, so I'll stick with that for now.

how to acquire non-US Spec rear head restraints for my US-spec CX-5

Leaving the US headrests off was what I did too, but I had to store them in a bag on the passenger floor or in the trunk, which makes for more clutter. This solution not only frees up my clutter, but looks better at the same time IMO. To quote Fendyman- "it's JDM yo! (rei)"

It does look more finished, but as for storage, mine live in a bedroom closet and my back seat doesn't get that much use. So I don't miss them.

It does look more finished, but as for storage, mine live in a bedroom closet and my back seat doesn't get that much use. So I don't miss them.

I agree, my back seat isn't used much, either, but I wanted to be prepared if I had unplanned passengers.

Hey Fendyman, I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through or not. Anyway I'm interested in the sand premium cloth headrests for my Touring. Hope you still have a few in stock!

I want to give a big thanks to Fendyman. I decided I wanted a pair of the premium cloth sand headrests for my Touring so I paid him on Tuesday and received my headrests in the mail just now, super fast shipping.

They definitely look great, and open up the rear considerably when looking through the mirror.

Hey Fendyman, I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through or not. Anyway I'm interested in the sand premium cloth headrests for my Touring. Hope you still have a few in stock!

Tried to send you a PM, but I don't think it went through. I was hoping you'd have a set of black leather GT headrest left. If you do, shoot me a message or email me.

Both of your headrests were shipped on the day you sent money. You should receive them tomorrow or Saturday the latest. Signature is required. ;)

I want to give a big thanks to Fendyman. I decided I wanted a pair of the premium cloth sand headrests for my Touring so I paid him on Tuesday and received my headrests in the mail just now, super fast shipping.

They definitely look great, and open up the rear considerably when looking through the mirror.

My bad for not reading... I guess USPS is faster than I thought. :p

I sent a PM to see if there are any Premium Sand cloth. Posted here too, just in case.

And if anyone knows the part number for the premium sand cloth that would be great.

I sent a PM to see if there are any Premium Sand cloth. Posted here too, just in case.

And if anyone knows the part number for the premium sand cloth that would be great.

Fendyman posted a pic with the item number included earlier. For the premium sand cloth it's KD49-88-240.

Back