How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

For a 2015 Touring, it is definitely Sand Premium cloth-trimmed sport seats.

I'm going to find out... & you got to be more specific: Touring or Sport?

I believe the actual name is called "Sand", right? Can someone confirm that Canada & USA have the same "Sand" color?

==
Michael

I'm going to find out... & you got to be more specific: Touring or Sport?

I believe the actual name is called "Sand", right? Can someone confirm that Canada & USA have the same "Sand" color?

Yeah sorry knew it was something earthy. I am interested in sand cloth Touring.

Black leather for me. PM'ed you just to make sure I get on the list :)

Got your interest PM, I'm trying to convince the wife this would be a good change but no green light yet (it's her car). Are the premium cloth for a touring model the same cost as leather?

Is it the same price for black cloth headrests for the sport models?

Got your interest PM, I'm trying to convince the wife this would be a good change but no green light yet (it's her car). Are the premium cloth for a touring model the same cost as leather?

Surprisingly, yes the price is the same for all materials. Must be a JDM thing... (dunno)

I talked to friend in Japan this afternoon... he checked w/ dealer (which was closed on Wed. (uhm)) that the part no. for Sand color is correct.

u-s-a, u-s-a!

I added you on the list... so now I have 7 people. (cabpatch)

Got your interest PM, I'm trying to convince the wife this would be a good change but no green light yet (it's her car).

Did you mention that she'd be able to see the WHOLE rear view w/ these headrests? (whistle)

Gauging Interest: Should I still set up a group buy?

I talked to my friend in Japan & he's willing to help again... so please be serious.

If I can get 10 people, I can get them for $200 per set (2 rear headrests) + $20 shipping to USA via USPS Flat Rate or $50 shipping to Canada via UPS Ground.

I know some of you are interested... (wink)

Feel free to PM me w/ questions.

Or just get in touch with my guy in the UK and order a set from him. Same price or even a few dollars cheaper and no need to wait for 10 people.

All you have to do is call or email tell him you want a set and what color/material and give him you payment info. Simple as that.

See my posting above with all the details. By the time this gets all worked out with the group type deal you will already have your set and the group deal is not a better price. Seems silly to me.

Last edited:
Or just get in touch with my guy in the UK and order a set from him. Same price or even a few dollars cheaper and no need to wait for 10 people.

All you have to do is call or email tell him you want a set and what color/material and give him you payment info. Simple as that.

See my posting above with all the details. By the time this gets all worked out with the group type deal you will already have your set and the group deal is not a better price. Seems silly to me.

Just curious... Did your bank/credit card charge you currency conversion fee? Did you have to pay US Customs Duties + brokerage charges by UPS/FedEx?

so now I have 7 people. (cabpatch)

I told my friend to go ahead order those headrests + few extra sets. For those who where on the list & decide to change mind, please let me know so I'd post on classifieds or even eBay.

FYI, Mazda dealers in Japan don't keep these headrests in stock either. They'll make them as soon as orders are placed, & that's why it'd take 3-4 weeks to be shipped. I'll let you guys know when I receive them. (wink)

I told my friend to go ahead order those headrests + few extra sets. For those who where on the list & decide to change mind, please let me know so I'd post on classifieds or even eBay.

FYI, Mazda dealers in Japan don't keep these headrests in stock either. They'll make them as soon as orders are placed, & that's why it'd take 3-4 weeks to be shipped. I'll let you guys know when I receive them. (wink)

Great, I can't wait! Thanks

Back