GI: Affordable Intake Manifold

Laser cut parts are out for quotes and I'm working with a velocity stack vendor to get a custom stack made for this application. I'm hoping to build a jig and get this prototyped by the end of the month. February will be a busy month. Get your money together! If we can start a numbered list of people who want to buy that will help me in planning and give me an idea of quantity for all the needed parts.

Just to put it perspective for you guys I got several quotes from local shops to build me an intake manifold and all of them were priced between $1800-2000. So to get an intake manifold for anything close to $400 is AMAZING!!!

Marko you were asking a expensive shop lol

I'm hogging out my stock intake mani and going to get dyno numbers to to see how much a stock vs hogged out stock compares ;)

That's because I didn't want a hacked up un-tested piece. JMF would build it, flow bench test it, and provide me with cad modeling to give me the best possible manifold. How did I know you were going to bust my chops with this. LOL

I know this is going to alienate some potential buyers, but I've been working on this off and on and have made a few decisions. I'm excited about the manifold and apologize in advance if it won't work for you.

1. The intake will be Carbon Fiber - something like this:
Copy%20of%20FD1301-20%20Fr3.jpg

2. They will be sold with a core charge of $75 in exchange for a stock manifold. I will be machining stock manifold head flanges rather than having flanges cut because I cannot get a reasonable price for having them made. They have to be cut on a 5 axis machine and NOBODY runs those cheaply for small quantity orders.

3. This is the one that will ruffle feathers... I will not be offering EGR (unless I can find a way to adapt it to an aluminum intake tube or something), but EGR will not be part of the manifold.

4. The manifold will have a very limited number of vacuum ports (1-2). I will be offering a very cheap vacuum manifold however.

Last edited:
Idk how I feel about it being cf....have to see one finished.

And you will need at least 2 vac ports. One for the map sensor and one for the fpr. As I'm sure they need a port right off the im. Also would be nice to have one for a source for a piggyback system.

I am not trying to rain on anyones parade but I do want to say again that if you delete the EGR you will have cold startup issues. It does not effect how the car cruises. You will have no other issues other than at start up.

The issue is the car has a real lean moment with no EGR and the car will have trouble idling and it will act like it is missing, if you give the car any gas it will choke out and almost die.

Like I said its not a massive deal because it is just at start up.

Back