boostedprotege's 03 DX

update!!! tomorrow i will FINALLY be putting the MPI piggback back onto the car and turn the boost up to 12-13psi n tune.. hopefully i'll get some pixs maybe even a lil vid of the tune

Damn man y u wana jinx me lol naw i shud b good hell i use to run 14.5psi then i jist decided to turn it down... wosh me luck lol

MPI is now installed n is pushin 12-13psi nice n strong :)
DSCN0997.jpg

it was hella easy to install since we already had the wire colors splice into the harness wires lol so install wass sayy 20mins??
DSCN0998.jpg

tune was pretty easy since i still had my last map from when i was runnin 12psi jist hada tweek it alil n wow it feels nice spikes at 13psi and afr stay at 12.8 will attach the map for others to use as a base map

yeah i thought it felt low on the drive home thank god i didn't get on it or hit a massive pothole or somethin and **** up my rim all crazy lol

if you wana make big numbers and still be safe i suggest you guys get one
DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

im runnin mine to a switch,, but the pressure switch is set to come on a 11ps
what i also like about the kit is the green led thats lets u kno when the meth is being injected. also have the red led for low fluid sensor but didn't install ass of yet
DSCN1183.jpg

and lets not forget the juice yo
DSCN1186.jpg

Last edited:
damn thats pretty sick, how does it work though, iv heard of this methanol injection but dont know to much about it.

did it come as a kit?

its great, unless you run out. if your tune relies on it, you'll blow up instantly. a guy did just that at EECMM last year.

You dont want to have that bottle there budd.... Relocate it to the trunk or a cooler area, Trust me, that does not belong to the engine bay area....

unless you're potentially getting it up near its flash point (HIGHLY unlikely) it really doesn't matter. the cooling effect comes from it evaporating, so as far as effectiveness goes its not going to change anything.

there's really nowhere specific it say to mount it since that wudn't affect anything.. all the manual says is that u CAN mount in the rear of the vehicle.. but trust me they don't gett u enough line to do that.. n i always had it mounted there wit no problems...

lol n backer thank god my tune doesn't rely on the meth bein on at all times but its always good to have on under full psi :)

civickilla it works basically by injecting a mix of 50%methanol and 50%water into the engine.. what this does is basically cools the charged air even more also raising your octane levels brings more air into the chambers, lowers your egt's, eliminates detonation. along wit plenty of other benifits including cleaning your engine while your running it. def a good investment

civickilla it works basically by injecting a mix of 50%methanol and 50%water into the engine.. what this does is basically cools the charged air even more also raising your octane levels brings more air into the chambers, lowers your egt's, eliminates detonation. along wit plenty of other benifits including cleaning your engine while your running it. def a good investment

is it expensive, cuz it def seem useful

no the meth kit is bout 300 and to fill up meth is super cheap like a couple bucks literally.. n u benefit from it.. def a good thing to have

Back