YellowSpeed Coilovers on MSP

Are the springs linear in the front and the back? Did you put oem endlinks on the front and are they holding up ok?

Yes I have OEM endlinks and they are holding up well. I plan on taking some vids doing a make shift slalom

^^ updates pls , i'm debating on BC's with 7k front/ 8k rear springs or yellow's , just that yellows site doesn't provide the spec's for its products which sucks.
any rust from snow/salt lately ?

BTW- wasn't there a thread about BC coil over review ? wanted to take a look at it but can't seem to find it now.

Where is it at? I just wanted to know how Zuku was doing with it, he is the only one that I have seen to have them as of yet

So far so good no issues other then some recent squeking from the bushings on the sway bars but it's been like -10 degrees here in the Windy City. Once it warms up enough I'll climb under and regrease them

So far so good no issues other then some recent squeking from the bushings on the sway bars but it's been like -10 degrees here in the Windy City. Once it warms up enough I'll climb under and regrease them

good to know, I am following your progress on this to make sure they hold up. Thanks for the update.

just a little update. So far everything is perfect. But AI have noticed that if I were to go any lower on the drop Adjustable endlinks or shorter ones would be a must. I had a screw in one of my snow tires and when we went to lift the car I realized that the endlinks where touching the frame when the tires came off the ground. Im pretty sure there is no contact while driving since the suspention is so stiff there is no way the car would lean that far. Now drive way entrances may be another question though. AI tended to get one wheel lift on steeper entrances.

just a little update. So far everything is perfect. But AI have noticed that if I were to go any lower on the drop Adjustable endlinks or shorter ones would be a must. I had a screw in one of my snow tires and when we went to lift the car I realized that the endlinks where touching the frame when the tires came off the ground. Im pretty sure there is no contact while driving since the suspention is so stiff there is no way the car would lean that far. Now drive way entrances may be another question though. AI tended to get one wheel lift on steeper entrances.

Updates?

I don't want to bring this thread back to life, but I figured I'd chime in.

Last night I installed the front coilovers and I had the same problem with the stock endlinks not lining up. But I had a question about getting the rear suspension on, do the struts go all the way up to where the rear speakers are or am I missing something? I tried looking through the trunk and didn't have any luck. I was wondering if someone could guide me to where I need to look to be able to take off the rear suspension.

Thanks in advance.

you have to take that cover off that goes over the speakers. Then you'll see where the bolts/nuts are.
And the endlinks should line up fine as long as you do both front at the same time and both rear at the same time. If you do it one side at a time (left/right) the sway bar will put pressure on the endlink and it wont line up to the other side

I heard so many inputs on BC and YS coilovers. I'm actually looking into both of them but I can not make a decision on them. What's the right way to go, BC or YS?

I did some research with the BC's that once it's installed and settled, there's alot of thug/clunking noise. Is that normal?

I bought my Yellowspeeds from Ken about a year ago, and so far they havent let me down. I even tweaked with dampening for awhile and right now I have it set to recommended street settings.

As for the endlinks, my rear endlinks were rusted, so I ordered AWR adjustables, my sway bars are still stock, but the installation was easy.

My Front endlinks; suprisingly they came off easy, so I reused them. But after i got my alignment done, like how some people had come across, my driver side endlink bent. So, I a stocker from autozone and installed it, ordered some AWR one for back up just in case. but since then no bending.

Right now my P5 is in the middle of a rebuild so on my down time Im going to change out the front endlinks for the AWR's

As for performance, it is a well built system for those who want a street car that you can take to the track and tune real quick. As for hieght adjustability... you can get about a 3 inch drop, which probably isnt low enough for those who would want a drop of BC's or any of the other competitors, and the spanner wrenches that came with it are garbage though, it came with 2 and I am down to one. but overall, the system is worth it.

there is one minor thing that gets to me about the suspension, is when you have the front up on jacks, the sway bar and your endlinks rest on the lower control arm. but as soon as you put wieght on wheels, it levels out and looks real pretty.

hope my little write helps people in the decision on purchasing Yellowspeeds or any other brand that you might consider.
6894833546_bcea35eaea_c.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking into getting the AWR adjustable endlinks since I currently have yellowspeeds on the way. Wanted to know which endlinks you got since the only ones i saw were for the AWR sway bars and not for the stock ones.

Hey thanks man, hopefully the install goes smoothly once I get my yellow speeds in.

Back