YellowSpeed Coilovers on MSP

they seem cheaper in price than the BC coilovers. I am gonna wait and see if there are any problems with them before I choose to buy them

same price range as BC and more adjustability. the endlinks are new OEM I was hoping to get an aftermarket set. but Ken sent me OEM Im happy with the stockers though. They lasted 70K miles on my car so I should be good. I hope to find out about any issues with these coilovers

Do you know who manufactures the shock/strut assembly? that would give some insight as too the general quality of the construction

Ok I just looked on google and found a post on ModifiedMazda about them as well. Seems like they are a good buy from the feedback. Zuku.....keep us updated. I would love to get some of these especially since my car is has stock suspension with 165k miles on it.

Like I said I'm really happy. I've also read that several people running other brands of coilovers need adjustable endlinks when they drop the car too from stock height. I'm about 2-3 inches dropped and the OEM endlinks went on without a hitch once I figured out the trick to get then to line up LOL
Remember to lift the car remove the wheel then slide a stand under the suspension and slowly lower the car eventually the holes line up so you you can easily bolt the endlink back on.

you can buy them from PG now!! just Text, e-mail, PM or start a thread in the ProtegeGarage section for Ken to make an order.

I just installed these a few days ago and the rear stock endlinks worked, but not up front. Sure you can get them to bolt up when the weight is on the suspension, but there is no clearance between the bottom of the stock end links and the control arms. They will end up bent to hell. I had to get adjustable endlinks for the front... They mad my car into a cornering beast! At the moment I'm just trying to get my stiffness settings dialed in the way I want them. I've all ready got all the endlinks on and got alignment yesterday. The ride is alot different than stock. As would be expected it is a rougher ride than stock. I found the recommended settings a little too soft. Setting them a little stiffer reduced the bounciness (if thats even a damn word, lol) I was experiencing at first.

strange, I did have to use a jack to get the Front OEM endlinks on but so far they are fine and I have been corning the s*** out of it. I also drive into higher angle enrty drives at least 4 times a day which results in "3 wheeling" most times.

strange, I did have to use a jack to get the Front OEM endlinks on but so far they are fine and I have been corning the s*** out of it. I also drive into higher angle enrty drives at least 4 times a day which results in "3 wheeling" most times.

Take a look at them and see if they are bent... Mine did within acouple days. They look like bananas now, lol. I guess mine could have bent right when I lifted all 4 wheels off the ground to install the adjustable ones. But, I knew they would be a problem. They should not be pressing against the control arms so hard when the wheels come off the ground. So, next time you lift the vehicle make sure you recheck them if they are not already bent.

Destineal: Yeah I've been down there a few times, but its been months sinbce the last time I was down there. Hey man do you need a shortblock?

Zuku: Wierd. Watch them closely or take them of first if you ever raise the front wheels off the ground. I think that is when mine bent.

dirtysouth_msp: Yea I saw you some months back. I tried to chase you down, but I see you're forged. That explains why you disappeared. How much?

Zuku: Wierd. Watch them closely or take them of first if you ever raise the front wheels off the ground. I think that is when mine bent.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even get mine to line up, and looking at my buddy's MSP, they're not too different. and then i looked at your pic Zuku. i realized it must be because mine looks like it is about 2 inches lower....

Zuku: Wierd. Watch them closely or take them of first if you ever raise the front wheels off the ground. I think that is when mine bent.

I couldn't even get mine to line up, and looking at my buddy's MSP, they're not too different. and then i looked at your pic Zuku. i realized it must be because mine looks like it is about 2 inches lower....[/QUOTE]

Mine would not line up until wheels were on the ground. Even then there was no clearance. With wheels off the ground they were at least 2 inches too long to fit...

On which car? Mine are still perfect I have no complaints and the clunk is finally really gone!!

good to know, so it seems to be settling good then. You need to take it to an SCCA event or windy road and let us know how it works. Im very interested in getting these when I get back from deployment

Back