xDJ DUBx's 03.5 Pure White LX-T

Well here is an update, its not a good one...

Last week I got new tail lights and blacked them out again with the clear still clear(good)
I am currently waiting to get some 5000k bi-xenon h.i.d.s for $100(good)
and I'm also waiting for my income tax refund to come which is $200 and idk what I'm gonna buy with that yet(good)

but as far as my job goes, I went from 5 days a week(40 hrs), to 3 days a week(24 hrs), to 2 days a week(16 hrs) to now only working 1 day.

Basically my checks are going to be bearly over $100 every couple weeks which I always need at least 80 in gas so I need to get another job if I want to get this conversion going.(sucky)

My plan is to buy the conversion kit from protege garage for 1500 then we'll see after that but I gotta start saving

yea its not easy .... i think you should stay the way you are if your so tight on funds.

But ... here is where i am . I have the msp front grille arrived today , Msp trunk with wing arriving tomorrow . 500 in the bank for paint so far. hoping to have enough by may . i need to keep saving and making side money . im looking forward to the may tax stimulas. soo when that comes add 600 to paint if it isnt already saved up for . then buy the front bumper and reinforcment . ill take pix of my new parts tomorrow.

i did the same thing i bought the bc2 kit and then wasn't satified with it because it made the car too low i had to go really slow in and out of my drive way any ways i desided to go with the msp convison i got lucky some one on the boards wanted to trade his msp kit for the bc2 kit i bought a 3.5 wing got it painted the only thing that was hard to find was the inter bumper brace its taken me 7 mons to get one and it should be here monday then i can get the bumpers painted i didn't want to paint them until i could put them on heres the newest pic of my car

Attachments

• 03-12-08_1126.jpg
    03-12-08_1126.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 03-12-08_1204.jpg
    03-12-08_1204.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 326
Another update, I went into work yesterday and found out that I'm not working one day anymore, I'm going to be working 4. That means I'll actually be getting money on my checks but the fukd thing is that they demoted me. So instead of being inside the garage working on the cars, I'll be the fool standing on the street waving the sign. It sucks but I'm getting paid the same so whatever.

While I was holding the sign though, I had major ideas running through my head. Still going to go for the MSP/MP3 Conversion Kit along with OEM Style Carbon Fiber Hood, Carbon Fiber Grille, 16s or 17s, paint the WHOLE car this time instead of the new parts so I don't end up with two tone again, and I've talked to Chico about his projector headlights so in due time I'll have some just like his.

So now I just gotta start gathering my money.
What I need help with is what should I go for first?

Here is the list...
OEM Carbon Fiber Hood - $350
Carbon Fiber Grille - $120
Chico's Custom made Projection Headlights - $600 or more
MSP/MP3 Conversion Kit - $1500
Wheels - $600 to $700

Thanx guys!

I think your gettin a little ahead of yourself buddy which is very easy to do when your holding a sign and daydreamin about the next stage for your car.... However I think you should take it one step at a time, figure out where your priorites are at, lest you be stuck in the same headache you went through initially with your BC2 kit. Do it right the first time ya know.

Since your on a limited budget, if you really want to go with the MSP conversion then take care of that first. All the other stuff diff. rims, projectors, carbon fiber etc... are just compliments to your initial goal of switching out kits, if you start snatchin those up first then I see yourself down the road with a butt load of parts and an incomplete project. Just my 2cents. (stash)

Wow..Where the hell do you work..I think you need to find a more stable job before you spend that kind of money on a car.

Thaikim - I appreciate what your saying. It makes total sense. Thats what I was thinking of, saving the 1500 first then go from there but I wanted other ppls opinions.

Force Fed - I work at Jiffy Lube. I was originally hired there to hold the sign to get more cars but then I became the lower bay tech but after cutting my days away, they put me back in my original position. I'll be getting like 800 a month now which isn't too bad because my proty is paid for and insurance is cheap so my only bills are gas and insurance. I'm not worried about the job stability cuz I know 3 other places I can goto for sure and get another job now. Plus, their cheap asses won't fire anybody, only under extreme conditions due to unemployment.

called the dealership and they want 251.00 for the msp front bumper, 251.63 for the reinforcement
there goes a easy 500 bucks .

called the dealership and they want 251.00 for the msp front bumper, 251.63 for the reinforcement
there goes a easy 500 bucks .

Damn man, that sucks. See thats why I didn't go for the msp conversion in the first place, I knew I was going to spend a lot more money from the dealership than for the bc2 kit but I sure wish I would of see protege garage's deal earlyer.

Another update.
Still working. I had 3 days this week but I got sick so I didn't goto work today =[ but I am scheduled for four days next week. Last night I bought some 6000K BiXenon hids so I should have them in a few days and that was my last purchase until I have enough for the conversion kit. All that waits is time. =]

Last edited:
well all my parts are here so its time to install . my car is gonna look a little funny with the unpainted bumper but my bc2 front is almost falling off my car . it has seen some better days . But i got my dg lip , msp bumper , bumper reinforcement , msp trunk and wing woo hoo !

Thats bad ass, ur lucky. I havn't even been able to start to save for the conversion kit. =/

I'll get there eventually though.

H.I.D. PICS!
HID1.jpg

HID2.jpg

HID3.jpg

Hey, question, should I get 17s or 16s? I wanna lower the car as much as I can without having a big problem driving so im not sure if 17s will make my car sit too high even after lowered

msp came with 17's i think the tire size is 205/40/17 (please tell me if im wrong) and they were 1 1/2 inch lower than the LX and DX with the msp kit your car should have a nice stance
now im not sure if your car has 4 or 5 lugs but mine has 4 with drum brakes im trying to find a mp5 or an ES so i can swap out to four wheel disk and get a set of msp wheels

msp came with 17's i think the tire size is 205/40/17 (please tell me if im wrong) and they were 1 1/2 inch lower than the LX and DX with the msp kit your car should have a nice stance
now im not sure if your car has 4 or 5 lugs but mine has 4 with drum brakes im trying to find a mp5 or an ES so i can swap out to four wheel disk and get a set of msp wheels

Yeah I think you're right on the tire size. Thats why I was thinking 17s cuz then I could slam it but I was thinking thats only an inch smaller than what I got now so would that make the car sit too high still you know? I have 4 lug too =[
I seen this one guy on here who found a p5 totaled for 850. He got the lug conversion along with many other nice toys.

Oh yeah, another update.
So far only got a hundred saved(past check was very small because I missed days for being sick) but its a hundered lees I need you know? Well a friend of mine is going to buy my rims for 400 and hes almost got it so that'll be 500 then my income tax should be coming ne day now which is 200 so thats 700.

Then yesterday I found a stock white protege lx at del taco, I think the guy might work there. I''ve seen him driving before and hes like early 20s age so he might be interested in my bc2 kit. So today I'ma go bak to see if its still there and if it is, I'm going to leave a note about my body kit being for sale since its already painted white. If I get lucky and he is intereseted, I'm going to sell it for 500. So thats 1200 then I get paid next week and they'll give me the last 300 needed for the conversion kit. I just hope to god that guy will be interested cuz it would help me out big time.

Latest posts

Back