WTB FMIC (Bolt on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a FMIC that's bolt on. I'd rather not cut up, weld on, or mangle any part of my MSP to install it. If anyone has one for sale, or knows someone who is selling theirs I'd really appreciate any information!

Thanks guys!

Ox

just putting this out there. all u guys that say ur insurance will drop u because u replaced ur crash bar with a perrin or turbolife or just a core period are ignorant. all the adjusters do is see a damaged part, find it in their computer, and give an estimate for a new one. and u wont be ******* blacklisted, what the hell are u talkin about yudkib? like i said before, IF U HIT SOMETHING HARD ENOUGH TO SEVERLY DAMAGE UR CRASH BAR UR CAR IS PROBABLY ****** ANY WAY.

there are adjusters who might miss it or might not care. there are some that would.

this is what it boils down to:
when you sign up for insurance, they are insuring a street legal car on public roads. when you remove the crash bar, which is part of the crash protection system, it is IMMEDIATELY federally ILLEGAL. period. end of discussion.
by breaking the contract you SIGNED when you purchased insurance, they have the right not to cover anything under their policy. your car, you, any passengers, or anyone affected by your own negligence if you are 1% responsible. its in the paperwork, i GUARANTEE IT.

and yeah, if you wreck the crash bar, a MSP would be totalled, almost definitely. but the reason you buy insurance isnt so you can get service after a $500 deductible, its so youre not forking over thousands of dollars in medical bills for yourself or another motorist. so if youre in a no-fault state, you get hit by someone who blew a red light, and you break your arm, enjoy your $7000 in medical bills. and enjoy it when they dont renew your policy. and when other companies wont insure you because youre flagged. god forbid you have serious personal injury, because youll be paying it OUT OF POCKET.
thats it. im ******* tired of having this discussion.

there are adjusters who might miss it or might not care. there are some that would.

this is what it boils down to:
when you sign up for insurance, they are insuring a street legal car on public roads. when you remove the crash bar, which is part of the crash protection system, it is IMMEDIATELY federally ILLEGAL. period. end of discussion.
by breaking the contract you SIGNED when you purchased insurance, they have the right not to cover anything under their policy. your car, you, any passengers, or anyone affected by your own negligence if you are 1% responsible. its in the paperwork, i GUARANTEE IT.

and yeah, if you wreck the crash bar, a MSP would be totalled, almost definitely. but the reason you buy insurance isnt so you can get service after a $500 deductible, its so youre not forking over thousands of dollars in medical bills for yourself or another motorist. so if youre in a no-fault state, you get hit by someone who blew a red light, and you break your arm, enjoy your $7000 in medical bills. and enjoy it when they dont renew your policy. and when other companies wont insure you because youre flagged. god forbid you have serious personal injury, because youll be paying it OUT OF POCKET.
thats it. im ******* tired of having this discussion.

dude, u dont get to end a convo just because ur tired of having it. ur just posting a whole bunch of bs that sounds logical so everyone else will beleive what ur saying. i just got of the phone with my mom who has been doing insurance for over 15 years and she laughed and told me u were talking outa ur ass. ive also been in the autobody field for around 5 years. 2 of those working in a shop where we get highly modified cars. one of those beeing a twin turbo viper, NO crash bar, huge front mount. Bad front end collision, 35,000 dollars in damage, uncluding the replacing the front mount. the car was also running nitrous, part if it going to a intercooler purge. that was also replace by his insurance. its not that i really care much about the situation, but im tired of members on the forum being scared and misinformed on aftermarket parts

yea...this is a dumb discussion
i dont drive with a crash bar, you do....cool, dont worry about the people who drive without them, and we wont worry about u (thumb)

or we could just take 2 msp's one with a crash bar and one without and crash them headon into eachother at 40 mph and see which ones worse. lol

even though Im not a mod, I strongly suggest this thread be closed or goes back to the original topic since it has transformed from a member looking for a FMIC kit to a debate about the crashbar. The crashbar debate has been brought up way too many times when it comes to intercooler size and always ends up going nowhere... (headshake

By the way, has anyone that has participated in this "crashbar debate" notice that the OP has not posted since the debate started, which is an indication that this thread has derailed

Last edited:
You seem to be the only one trying to prove a dead point...

i wasnt trying to prove anything anymore. i really dont care. i was just bored and this forum was lacking anythiing interesting, and it just kinda irritated me that they tried to even argue the point, i see this s*** every day in all situations. i was giving my proffessional opinion on what intercooler he should use and i get flamed for it. ive run the custom ebay setup, turbo hoses sidemount, and now the perrin. and nothing beats the perrin, good core size to make big power, u dont have to hack up ur crash bar to fit it, u just replace it, and it has the shortest pipe roughting. ill tell u what, if this guy actually does the smart thing and gets a quality intercooler (perrin or turbolife) ill install the s*** for free. ive given my proffesional reccomendation and the o.p. can even contact sam locally and i garantee he will say the same thing as this argument came up in the local forum and he backed me up on the same subject.(sam is also experianced in auto body). op if u need help from someone who actually knows what the hell he is talking about pm me.

Last edited:
Wow you people are like a bunch of little kindergarteners. I oughta bring Arnold Schwarzenegger in here to deal with you all. Another off topic pissing contest in a FS thread and infractions are being issued. You've been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back