WTB FMIC (Bolt on)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a FMIC that's bolt on. I'd rather not cut up, weld on, or mangle any part of my MSP to install it. If anyone has one for sale, or knows someone who is selling theirs I'd really appreciate any information!

Thanks guys!

Ox

That sounds very nice, but as I said I have an Injen CAI which every e-bay FMIC pretty much requires you to put the piping where the CAI goes. So that's kind of a no go for me.

If you converted the CAI to a SRI, there would be no problem. It really doesn't make a difference considering you're drastically cooling the air with a FMIC.

just cause the Ebay ones say to run the cold pipe through the CAI hole doesn't mean you have to. With the SMIC out of the way you should
be able to route it through there if your core isn't too long.

here are some screenshots of the official CORKSPORT mounting guide for their FMIC kit (before they put in on lockdown lol).

you can see in screens 2,3, and 5 they kept the Injet CAI, they routed the cold pipe thru the frame right by the filter (screen 4)
corksportrouting.jpg

and here are the pipe segments they used:

PIPES.jpg

Last edited:
Oh great. Now is there one kit with all of those pipes in it, or will I need to buy them separately. Also what FMIC would be too long that wouldn't allow me to run the pipes up through where the SMIC was?

Thanks for everything!

Ox

i dont think youre getting this:
THOSE pipes are from the corksport kit, which requires you to cut your splash guards and some sheet metal in the engine bay.
an ebay kit is a pile of random off the shelf pipes which you cut to your liking and route however you want. you can use whatever core you want. its fully custom... you do what you want. dont want to use the CAI hole? fine. dont want to cut things? fine. but its very, very hard to get it both ways.
i didnt want to cut mine up either so i was looking into intercoolers where the end tanks were on the same side. then i could remove the SMIC and route the pipes through where it used to be. you could get this core. (check ebay for a similar one, its usually cheaper there)
and you could get this pipe kit. (again check ebay first) then go nuts.

How would having both end tanks on the same side help? Or can you aim it so both end tanks are pointing toward the passenger side so you don't have to worry about the CAI? I'm sorry if I have dumb questions, I'd just like to have an idea before I purchase anything.

Again, thank you very much for your help!

Ouch, $800 for the basic Corksport Kit, or $950 for the Kinetic Motorsports kit.

Or basically $250 for the eBay "make it yourself" kit.

That sounds very nice, but as I said I have an Injen CAI which every e-bay FMIC pretty much requires you to put the piping where the CAI goes. So that's kind of a no go for me.

if you don't go through the CAI hole, then you have to cut somewhere to bring the pipe into the engine bay unless you route under the car. so.... take your pick.

Well I've pretty much come to terms that I won't be able to get away with not cutting any part of my car. Now what tool would I use for it? I saw a video where they had an electric saw (sorry I don't know the name of it) but is that the best way? It seemed bulky and not terribly accurate.

best bang for the buck with the least modification is a perrin or turbolife intercooler. people will try to scare u away from it because OMG it replaces the crash bar and i really need that to save my life right? no, if u can get one of those then go for it. the only modification to instal a perrin or turbolife is cutting out two very small non structural square peices outa the core support. or just take it to one of our many local performance shop and have one made.

people will try to scare u away from it because OMG it replaces the crash bar and i really need that to save my life right?

if I do get in an accident... I don't want to have to worry about myself or my passengers because I decided to do something stupid. so my answer is: yes.

How would having both end tanks on the same side help? Or can you aim it so both end tanks are pointing toward the passenger side so you don't have to worry about the CAI?
aim both end tanks toward the drivers side so you can route the piping where the SMIC used to be. then it wont interfere with your CAI.

Oh, didn't know both pipes would fit through there. Also what dimensions of the core should I be looking at? I noticed there are many different sizes and I don't want to purchase the wrong size >.<

people will try to scare u away from it because OMG it replaces the crash bar and i really need that to save my life right?

I'll put it this way. If you're in an accident and you're running an aftermarket crash bar and a passenger is injured. Unless you can prove without even a hint of doubt that the aftermarket crash bar is as good, or better than oem, your insurance does not have cover their medical bills, but you, yourself will be liable for any bills they have. So yes, an OEM crash bar can "save your life"

Are you absolutely insane? Run your fingers across the fins of an intercooler and watch what happens. Do you really think that will have any stopping effect on 1.5 tons of metal and plastic at 35MPH?

Not really willing to kill myself or my loved ones for something I don't really even need.

Aside from the argument about who's dumb, does anyone have the dimensions for the core? I don't want to go too big and have issues with it fitting properly=\

3.5 max. 2.5 or 3 will have a better chance of fitting without cutting the tabs in the front.
and remember, wagons dimensions are the core dimensions, not the overall. overall height should still be 5.5 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back