For Sale 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

Hi everyone!
I'm selling my '03 MSP (#430) but would like to see it go to a fellow enthusiast before putting it out there on FB Marketplace. Here's the short version.
  • Original owner and primary driver. Bought new in March 2003.
  • 178,000 miles.
  • Mostly original, including MSP-specific parts. (Centercaps and shift leather has been installed since the photos were taken)
  • Engine & drivetrain, brakes and electrics work well.
  • Clean interior with original Kenwood head unit, sub, and amp.
  • Suspension is OK. There's a clunk in the back (of course) and a broken rollbar bushing mount in the front.
  • Currently a daily driver. I have had no issues driving longer distances.
  • Have all documentation, sticker, promo materials, and other paperwork.

And the problem. The unibody has significant rust in a number of areas, including the rockers, front floors, quarter panels, front strut towers and outer skins of the K-member mounting points (though mounts seem solid).

I'd say the car is a great candidate for rust repair (if you have the welding skills and fortitude) or as a doner for a car with a clean body.

I'm asking $2000. The car is located in Chicago, with easy airport access if you wanted to fly in and drive home.

Please message me with any questions.
For a longer version with more photos, here's a small website that documents the car.
https://sites.google.com/view/2003-mazdaspeed-protege/home

I've had some requests to show the extent of the rust. I'll try with a video, images didn't really show well. I'll add that once it's done.

IMG_20240422_185840352.jpg
Exterior 2.jpg
Exterior 6.jpg
Exterior 1.jpg

Interior-1.JPG
Enginebay-1.jpg

Back