Winter Tire Recommendations?

so i always thought that the smallest rim you can run on a MSP is a 16" rim because of the front brakes? So i am incorrect on that? We can run 15 inchers? Makes it a HELL OF ALOT cheaper for me to buy 15"s.

Theres a group buy going on with the Toronto Nissan Club for like 540 CDN with some hankook winters and 15inch steelies...

15's fit for sure.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the fit on the steelies from Discount Tire direct? They've got a 100$ off offer going right now and I've just moved far enough north to need something besides summers all the time. (be nice to get set up for <400$)

They have packages for the 626 with the hankook ipike in 195-65-15 or the icebear in 205-60-15. I'm leaning towards the later since its more slush here than snow, but someone mentioned the 205s rubbed on the wheels from discount. I know they're a little different size than those from tirerack or the dealership....

Can anyone confirm the fit on the steelies from Discount Tire direct? They've got a 100$ off offer going right now and I've just moved far enough north to need something besides summers all the time. (be nice to get set up for <400$)

They have packages for the 626 with the hankook ipike in 195-65-15 or the icebear in 205-60-15. I'm leaning towards the later since its more slush here than snow, but someone mentioned the 205s rubbed on the wheels from discount. I know they're a little different size than those from tirerack or the dealership....

i baught a set of steelies from them today, actually i baught 16" steelies with kuhmo escta ast tires mounted balanced and shipped to my door for $236. that was after the $200 instant cash back.

i baught a set of steelies from them today, actually i baught 16" steelies with kuhmo escta ast tires mounted balanced and shipped to my door for $236. that was after the $200 instant cash back.

Is there some way to trick their system for that? I can't even find the steelies except when I try to put together a package... and then it won't let me customize the tire size off of their "standard" sizes. I've tried the protege 5, MSP and 626....

Is there some way to trick their system for that? I can't even find the steelies except when I try to put together a package... and then it won't let me customize the tire size off of their "standard" sizes. I've tried the protege 5, MSP and 626....

i just went to wheels search by size and found the 16x6.5 5x114.3 45offset. $39each. they say unverified for our cars, but im pretty sure thats the right size??

Ah! think I may have it figured out finally - does anyone know if there's any reason to pay for that wheel installation kit? or will the 15" fit with the stock lugs? Looks like 280$ out the door with Icebear 195-60-15s... or about 450 with 16" wheels instead...

i just went to wheels search by size and found the 16x6.5 5x114.3 45offset. $39each. they say unverified for our cars, but im pretty sure thats the right size??

That sounds right (RHs are 17x7 55) - looks like they have a 55 offset for the 15" too (for some reason I wasn't bringing up the full set of wheels for awhile) so I may go with that instead - 232$ shipped for winters (less for the ipikes I believe), if anyone else is looking for a set, might want to get in on this deal. Good through the 20th.

Back