CX-5 Winter wheel recommendations?

Hey peeps, trying to get some recommendations for alloys for winter use. Ideally would like to use 17-inch rims with 225/65R17 tires (Blizzak WS90). Located in Ontario Canada. Thanks in advance! (2024 CX5 GS w Comfort Package)

Alloys from Costco start at around $170 each here. From other wheel shops, the Fast brand and Touren branded wheels from Canadian Tire are around $150 each. It's been a while since I shopped for wheels but it seems like prices have gone way up.

Check your local auto-related stores like Kal Tire or Fountain Tire to see what they can offer. You can also check with your local Mazda dealerships to see if they have any "customer take-offs" available - these are usually OEM wheels that are removed from a brand new car because the new owner decided to upgrade the wheels through the dealer.

I think your best option is searching Kijiji or FB Marketplace for some second-hand wheels. Anything that is 17x7 +45 ET and a 67.1 or larger center bore should fit just fine as these are the specs for the OEM 17" wheels. If you are considering wheels that have a different spec, such as a wheel that is 7.5" wide or a wheel that has an offset of 35 instead of 45, try using this wheel and tire calculator to see how the new setup would compare to your existing setup.

I got a nice set of Rial alloy rims with Michelin X-Ice tires from Discount Tire a couple of years ago. The tires were mounted on the rims, balanced and shipped to my home. Total cost was about $1500 including TPMS sensors.

rial_lucca_gbp_full.jpg

I moved from Milton Ontario to Halifax in the summer. I have Nokian Rotiiva all weather/all terrain tires on mine, 235/65/17. I bought them used last year from a tire shop in Oakville with RTX mini baja rims for $800. I had no problems so far this year, but I will see how the winter is down here in Halifax and the surrounding areas, and then I will decide if I get winter tires.
If I do, I plan on going 16” with 235/70/16 Michelin X-Ice snow tires.

Check this thread from 2014. Look at pictures of Touren wheels in post #475. Canadian winter wheels IIRC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back