Will this Sparco shift knob fit my P5 ?

Yaggie1

What the fire.........
:
3.5 P5
I'm thinking I like this Sparco shift knob. Question is, how does it mount ? Anybody know ? Do they mount like the Momo ones with set screws ? I've got the auto sport mode trans ( I know.....no heckling please) and I was thinking I would just cut down the shifter since it is like 2 feet tall but I don't know if this mounts like the Momo stuff.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=481 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width=321>
308.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=3 height=1><SPACER type="block" height="1"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=481 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=prodhd noWrap align=middle width=159 bgColor=#ffffff>Available In:</TD><TD noWrap width=1 bgColor=#ffffff><SPACER width="1" type="block"></TD><TD align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=white><TD class=minus2 vAlign=top align=middle>
272.jpg

Black</TD><TD class=minus2 vAlign=top align=middle>
273.jpg

Blue</TD><TD class=minus2 vAlign=top align=middle>
275.jpg

Leather</TD></TR><TR><TD class=minus2 vAlign=top align=middle>
274.jpg

Red</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD noWrap width=1 rowSpan=2></TD><TD class=bgclr4 width="100%" rowSpan=2> </TD><TD class=controlbar>

The Sparco knob I have (similar to the one below, the GlobeX) is a universal. It comes with a threaded adapter that attaches to the shifter with set screws. Then the knob threads onto that...

Yaggie1 said:
I'm thinking I like this Sparco shift knob. Question is, how does it mount ? Anybody know ? Do they mount like the Momo ones with set screws ? I've got the auto sport mode trans ( I know.....no heckling please) and I was thinking I would just cut down the shifter since it is like 2 feet tall but I don't know if this mounts like the Momo stuff.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="481"><tbody><tr><td valign="bottom" width="321">
308.jpg
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="1"><spacer type="block" height="1"></td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="481"><tbody><tr><td class="prodhd" align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" nowrap="nowrap" width="159">Available In:</td><td bgcolor="#ffffff" nowrap="nowrap" width="1"><spacer type="block" width="1"></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="4"><tbody><tr bgcolor="white"><td class="minus2" align="center" valign="top">
272.jpg

Black</td><td class="minus2" align="center" valign="top">
273.jpg

Blue</td><td class="minus2" align="center" valign="top">
275.jpg

Leather</td></tr><tr><td class="minus2" align="center" valign="top">
274.jpg

Red</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

I've got the auto sport mode trans ( I know.....no heckling please) and I was thinking I would just cut down the shifter since it is like 2 feet tall but I don't know if this mounts like the Momo stuff.

WTF ...how would you mount that knob ... dosent a automatic have a button or something on it?

not tryin to be rude honsetly i dont know ...ive only ever owned 1 auto car

haaswyk said:
I've got the auto sport mode trans ( I know.....no heckling please) and I was thinking I would just cut down the shifter since it is like 2 feet tall but I don't know if this mounts like the Momo stuff.

WTF ...how would you mount that knob ... dosent a automatic have a button or something on it?

not tryin to be rude honsetly i dont know ...ive only ever owned 1 auto car

The sport shift looks different compare to a regular automatic, there's no button for it either, just press in the brake and move it. Here's a picture to clearify it but I doubt manual shift knobs will fit on our sport shift.....

325006_34_full.jpg

I know that some will, like the Momo ones since they have set screws instead of threading directly onto the shifter. I couldn't find anything on Sparco's website to tell me either way .........

Jspec said:
The sport shift looks different compare to a regular automatic, there's no button for it either, just press in the brake and move it. Here's a picture to clearify it but I doubt manual shift knobs will fit on our sport shift.....

325006_34_full.jpg

I have both a Momo knob and a Sparco knob sitting on my desk over there. Both come with four or five plastic adapters that go over the shifter itself. You force the knob over the tightest fitting adapter and mount. Then using the included screws/alley key, screw the knob to the shifter. This is not for mounting, this is more to give it a bit of 'bite' on the shifter plus keep it centered.

I just wasn't sure if it was a direct thread on or a universal with the set screws. If it is a thread on it won't work cuz I want to cut down the length of the shifter.

t3ase said:
Heh, point being.. Why wouldn't it fit?

Back