dinner meet?

I get out of work around 6:15 and its about an hour ride, should be there by 730 at the latest.

It's not a terribly large place so a reservation would probably be a good idea once we get a final count.

Their parking lot (at least when I was there last) is also a fairly small half-paved job.

the parking lot and entrance are actually located in the rear of the building, just off of hill st.

For those on the fence my family used to go to Brew City all the time the beer list is great and the apps are solid. The rest of the food is you're standard pub grub, done well but not mind blowing. Take my review with a grain of salt, I haven't been in a year or two. They do a beer flight though, so solid choice for those of you who can't make up your mind or need to try everything.

I'll try to get there for 6:30 but if we hit traffic it will be closer to 7:00. It's funny, Google Maps won't let me take the ramp between I-495 South and I-290 West. Last I checked that ramp was functional. It wants me to take route 9 instead which would work too..but its slower. If i force the mapping software to take I-290, it makes me get on east-bound then make a u-turn. LOL Google FAIL!

the ramp's still good. They're doing some construction on that bridge but its usually open. You can also take 2 to 190 to 290, takes about the same time, Google just doesnt account for the fact that the average speed on 2 is 70 and the average speed on 190 is 80. Actually come to think of it you might be better off, 495 gets bogged down with traffic.

UPDATE: We'll definitely need to make reservations, I just spoke with my parents and Aug 1-14 is restaurant week (weeks?) in Worcester. Going to need to get a final count and call, preferably today.

On the plus side you can get a 3 course meal for 2 for 23.11 (It's supposed to be 20.11 but w/e...)

Last edited:
Seems a bit whacky to take route 2...but maybe i'll try it. Thanks for bringing it up. I never take 2 anywhere but the times i've gone from work in waltham to watchusett it hasn't been bad once i got past 495.

I thought you were coming from NH not Waltham, if you're doing the 90-> 495 -> 290 thing take a quick look @ the traffic, it gets backed up right before 20 and right before 290, you'd probably be better going 9. Best bet would be 90 out to 146 and then 290 N into Woo, the 90-495 offramp gets backed up with Cape traffic on Friday aft.

I will be coming from N.H. since i will be working from home. Wife is coming with me, otherwise she'd have to drive herself. If I were coming from Waltham, i'd probably just suck it up on the pike.

Reservation for 10 people (ish) @ 7, its under Mahk.

If you're coming from NH take 495>2>190>290, its at most 10 minutes longer, its a nicer ride and chances are you'll make it up if theres cape traffic.

Gary is coming too! (told him about it today) Do have enough seats reserved? Also James asked his dad if he wants to come but he didn't give a definite answer.

no t enough room, tell gary he can't join us! jk, let me count up the "ins"

HI ALL; Long time no see : Sorry I haven't been keeping up. James called me last night about the Brew City, sounds like your full up, maybe next time. Wifes bringing home KABOBS anyway. I will try to keep up in the future.

Latest posts

Back