Who's got the most miles on their Mazda3?

I'm about to hit 117,000 miles in my 2005 5-door (Purchased in March 2005).

Work I've done:

O2 sensor under warranty
3 sets of Tires (still annoyed that the middle set didn't last me), well 4 if you count snow's.
Brake pads/rotors once (replaced both at 105,000 miles, dealer couldn't believe I'd made it that long...).
Wheel bearings (also at 105,000 miles)

No major items what so ever, though the time/cost on the bearings was a bit much to bear.

Pat E

I'm about to hit 117,000 miles in my 2005 5-door (Purchased in March 2005).

Work I've done:

O2 sensor under warranty
3 sets of Tires (still annoyed that the middle set didn't last me), well 4 if you count snow's.
Brake pads/rotors once (replaced both at 105,000 miles, dealer couldn't believe I'd made it that long...).
Wheel bearings (also at 105,000 miles)

No major items what so ever, though the time/cost on the bearings was a bit much to bear.

Pat E

Did you replace the bearings as a precautionary measure or were they going bad? What symptoms did you have that they were going bad, if that indeed was the case?

Bought my '04 Black Mica Hatchback in March of 2007 with 27,000 on it. It now is at 67,000! I drive over 100 miles a day/5 days a week, to work, plus weekend trips! I'll be passin' you 100k guys in no time! I love drivin' my 3!

Also have a '04 Black Oynx Mazda 6 (V6) with almost 80,000 miles on it. Bought it from the dealer with 7,000 miles on it in '05. With gas prices getting so high I needed something more economical and got the 3. The wife now drives the 6. Never had any problems whatsoever with eiether (the cars that is!(naughty)).

Posted the above on 9/17/08 and to update the mileage on the 3, it's now at 103,000 miles and the 6 is at 93,000. No repairs to eiether car! I did replace the entire suspension on the 3 (shocks/struts, springs, front/rear swaybars) this year but it wasn't because they were worn out! (lol2)(alright)

Posted the above on 9/17/08 and to update the mileage on the 3, it's now at 103,000 miles and the 6 is at 93,000. No repairs to eiether car! I did replace the entire suspension on the 3 (shocks/struts, springs, front/rear swaybars) this year but it wasn't because they were worn out! (lol2)(alright)

You're at roughly 100 miles a day (That you have put on your car) and I'm at like 80 on my 2007 I have 60,100. which I bought brand new.

Love to drive my 3 but hate putting that many miles on it. Kind of a catch-22 I guess! (shrug)

Purchased 08 MS3 in March of 08 at 57K currently, 1 replaced motor mount and a chronic cell for ERG flow that the dealership wants $75 to flash the "UPGRADE" to stop throwing celL, on second set of tires, should get another 18-29K on them and it is still FUN & practical.

update: My 07 (bought with 3 miles on it, brand new from the dealership in Jan. 07) just turned 98,000 a few days ago.

Fixes:

- Alternator went at 36,000 miles, replaced and covered by warranty
- battery replacement a few weeks ago (the battery they put in it is TINY and fried under all my electronics - three auxillery power points and two usb, alarm system with 2 way electric start, and XM radio) -- so I had to upgrade it to an RX-8 battery, which fits excellently in the battery box under the hood. The stock battery was only about half the size.
- Replaced the plastic shielding under the engine when the old one broke.
- Replaced a broken visor mount.

Other than oil changes, brakes, trans flushes, 2 sets of tires and some body work, that is it.

* note -- I replaced the front brakes at 56k miles ... STILL running on my FACTORY backs. I bought replacements, only to find out at 80k miles, the factory backs were only worn to 50%. I will probably replace them this summer, just because.

Last edited:
I drive way to much... Bought my 08 brand new with 13 miles(3 years ago) and I'm at about 58k makes me sad :(
But I've been to: Colorado 3 times, Vegas twice, and California once
Only thing I've replaced is 1 fuel injector and 3 tires

I replaced my fronts at around 50k ... I'm at 98k and still running on my factory backs. They still look fine. And I'm on my third set of tires ... annoying.

Mine just turned 100,000 yesterday ... and right now, it's 100,158. According to a math geek friend, I average about 61 miles a day.

.... and the wheels started roaring today. I'm thinking wheel hubs ... I've heard that is a typical breakdown to the 3's about this time.

Back