Whining type noise only on AUX setting

TippytheHippy

:
2008.5 White crystal MICA Mazdaspeed 3
Does anyone have a clue what could be the cause of the whining type engine noise (I assume engine noise) that only is noticeable on the AUX setting? I have 2008.5 w/nav. Even when there is nothing plugged into the AUX, there is a whine. If I choose it from the dash selection and there is nothing playing , I hear engine noise. Also, I purchased the ground loop noise eliminator for when I use my charger for my Zune and play it at the same time. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Last edited:
I get the same thing when I use my iPod. Its probably just the wires interfering with something but idk. If its at a somewhat decent volume it gets drowned out anyways but bump for a solution

it's weird that it's happening when nothing is plugged in..

Does the wine change when something is plugged in??

It stays the same whether something is plugged in or not. Never changes. Doesn't even really whine louder like engine noise when a ground is not stable either. Just a constant hiss type noise and only on the aux option.

I get the same thing when I use my iPod. Its probably just the wires interfering with something but idk. If its at a somewhat decent volume it gets drowned out anyways but bump for a solution

Yeah, I mean when I turn it up I don't notice but like if I turn the volume all the way down...I hear it. Weird huh?(rockon)

Sounds like something is effe'd in the stock wiring..

You can either take it apart and investigate, get the dealer to look at it.. or just ignore it...

Back