Whats the fastest have you got your 5 up to?

zmepro said:
120mph.. i chickened out (i had just gotten the car two days earlier)... and yes it was completely stock although i'm sure my Silverstars (osram) added 23rwhp lol.

Noxide said:
150 mph??? do you have a turbo cause there is no way you hit 150mph unless you were going down a steep hill or bridge that was a mile or so long...so i am guessing that you are talking about KPH
yea, the T in VW GTI 1.8T stands for "turbo" ;)

nate0123 said:
yea, the T in VW GTI 1.8T stands for "turbo" ;)
Sorry i should have specified who i was refering to(uhm) ...i was refering to PeaB0dy when he sais the fastest he had been was 150... i know that the T stands for turbo...(jerkit) ...sorry for not quoting him...

This is the only car I've owned that hasn't been over 100mph. All my other cars were triple digits at least once a week! The Crown Vic was nice because is was less than 16 seconds to 100mph from a stop. The bad thing was that it topped out at 115 because of the stupid AOD tranny-no WOT overdrive. So 3rd gear spinning 5500 rpm with accessories designed for a max of 4500 rpm. I blew a lot of hoses and even blew one heater core in half. (evil)

But DAMN that car was AWESOME!

Mike R said:
This is the only car I've owned that hasn't been over 100mph. All my other cars were triple digits at least once a week! The Crown Vic was nice because is was less than 16 seconds to 100mph from a stop. The bad thing was that it topped out at 115 because of the stupid AOD tranny-no WOT overdrive. So 3rd gear spinning 5500 rpm with accessories designed for a max of 4500 rpm. I blew a lot of hoses and even blew one heater core in half. (evil)

But DAMN that car was AWESOME!
Yeah, they're fun as s***, specially when you get one from a police auction, that still has their accesories...lol, my friend has one, it's tight, with some nice muscle style chrome rims on navy blue, very smooth and sexy

105-110. 110 on a real good night where its cold. But thats before i got my msp rb muffler on. ill see how fast it goes this time. im guessing not much. just happy to have one...hehe:D

130 soon after I got it, but I have a video documenting 125 so all my friends will believe me. Took a long ass time to get there though. And then there was the cop and the brakes and the slowing down a lot. He was in front of me and i slowed down to like 45 (speed limit 70)to match his speed and got behind him so he couldn't get behind me a flash me. 'Twas scary

187.5 mph!

Did you mean in a protege???

That was in a Viper tricked out!! If you ever have the chance.....DO IT! Soooo much fun if you can handle the speed!

Okay, but my P5......maybe 120ish mph of course

yeah fastest I've ever been is about 185 in a Ferrari Testerosa on the road through the desert from Vegas to LA. They don't tell you that they have GPS systems in those exotic rentals. $150 fine from the rental company. Fortunatly, my uncle was driving and he rented the car, so I was nice to him for the rest of the trip

175km/h from Edmonton to Calgary. Chickened out and went back down to 140..nice cruising speed on Highway 2. Plus there are a lot of cops that patrol that highway in unmarked cars. AEM intake and exhaust and lowered w/ stock tires/rims.

120 twice, on a dead highway so that was it as safe as it could be at that speed... and it wasn't longer than 30 seconds

I thought the MSP/P5/Protege was limited to 130 MPH (210 km/h) but I got it up to 220 km/h (136ish MPH) no problem. And yes, there is a fuel cut off, and YOU FEEL IT. I was at aproximately 5650-5700 RPM. I have a pic of it as my avatar at the moment, I resized the original to fit the size requirements of the avitar and lost the original, I'm sorry I couldn't provide a larger/clearer pic.

This was on the Coquihalla HWY in British Columbia... a KICK ASS high-speed driver's road. The MSP wouldv'e pulled right to the redline, I'm guessing somewhere in the 245-250 km/h range. This is at serious altitude, so I'm sure my Mazdarati wasn't pushing the type of power she does at sea level. But I'm sure the temp drop helped make up for some of the height.

I used to own a 2000 1.8 LX (ES in the US) with all the options, my LX at 160ish (100 mph) felt like my MSP at 230 km/h. That susp is soooooo good for triple digit driving, I out-drove a '88-'91 corvette through the curves at 210+ like it was nothing, and believe me.. he was trying (I saw him get squirly at aprox 200 km/h, he bowed down...). I'm sure a driver with a little more balls and experience could have given me a better run, if not spanked me with a corvette, but not this one.

It's ironic that the fastest I've ever driven was in my step-dad's chipped '88 corvette= 250++ km/h.... telephone poles are like fence posts at that speed. I never drove that car as hard after seeing that black corvette hit the semi and explode into fiberglass shrapnel on "Worl's greates Police blah, blah", even though the guy got up and walked away.

As for the FASTEST.... on two wheels.... CBR900 no question. A bike this fast doesn't even feel that fast, it's so effortless. It's a feeling that's hard to explain, almost like the difference between HP and torque. I've been in cars that 'feel' faster, but don't even come close to a little Suzuki 400cc Bandit in acceleration.

If I had to chose, give me music, a steel cage, four wheels, cup holders and gobs of power any day. But BOTH is BEST!!

Back