Whats the fastest have you got your 5 up to?

Gbourdon said:
Is the P5 limited by anything but drag/gearing?

The MSP hits a fuel cut or whatever at right around 135. It feels like "THE" fuel cut you hit running high boost.

Yes I have a fuel cut at 135 with the MP3 ECU
It used to cut off at 132 my old P5 ECU

Sad part is I'm still accelerating when it hits and at less than 6000 RPMs.

130%20mph.jpg

akhilleus said:
I topped out at 125 before. Now though with my timing retard i top out at 110-115... but i get there quicker :D
although here is something
maybe its cause i have an auto but i always hit the floor with the gas pedal at top speed. I will have 2k left on my tach and no more gas? wtf
yeah same here, ill just be completely flooring it for a few miles after it reaches 118-119, and its just stuck there :( wont go any faster, and like you said...like 2k left on the tach

95 on the highway

only when passing or need to be, never cruise at that speed

I did peg mine, guesstimated at 147+mph. Could have gone faster if it wasnt for the Mercedes quiting. :D

Pirana said:
I did peg mine, guesstimated at 147+mph. Could have gone faster if it wasnt for the Mercedes quiting. :D
vic, youre such a hardass...

how fast do you think the sti will go?

i got to 120 on my way to work the other day. Had it goin faster before. About 128ish. Wouldnt do anymore than that. But here is proof of 120 from my pic phone.

Attachments

• speedo.jpg
    speedo.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 79
ok why does the fuel cut off? to slow u down or too much fuel in the engine or something?

im surprised by how composed the car is over 110mph...most compact cars sound like the world is ending around you if you take them over 100

Yeah, my neon felt like it was about to come apart and the foglight actually did come out at about 105. I got it up to 110 one time and the P.O.S. hit the fuel cutoff but the fuel pump did the oppisite and flooded the engine. Scary as hell when the front wheels nearly lock up at 100+. Never tried that s*** again in that car.

I have had mine to about 100mph. What is the speed rating on factory tires???? I was kinda scared till I found out what it would really do.

anarchistchiken said:
Yeah, my neon felt like it was about to come apart and the foglight actually did come out at about 105. I got it up to 110 one time and the P.O.S. hit the fuel cutoff but the fuel pump did the oppisite and flooded the engine. Scary as hell when the front wheels nearly lock up at 100+. Never tried that s*** again in that car.
Bumper Sticker for Noen:

Caution, parts may come off!!

I had one of those wonders of junk, was Auto, had it up to 190 KM/h (118mph)

Car felt smoother than when in park suprisingly. I usually drove it @ 150km/h but only got 160,000 km on it before it started to go (typical!).

I had my Pontiac 6000 up to 240 KM/H (150 mph) I love caburetors, bo fuel cut off.. Had to get my frend in a Z to tell me how fast we were going..

Now it's not how fast straight, it's how quick in the turns..

Back