Whats the fastest have you got your 5 up to?

For whoever asked, the fuel cutoff is a computer-thing. designed to lower your insurance, keep someone's lawyers happy, and, umm. who knows. but atleast they don't put it at like 90 or something gay like that.

p5>110, on a bet of sorts, they swore I couldn't possibly break triple digits loaded down with 4guys, and about 200# of assorted gear aside from the 4 bikes on the roof rack. It actually handled pretty good (eventhough our bikes were whistling fiercely) Don't really venture that far into triple digits elsewise.

old civicsi> 135 (well the speedo ends at 120, but right where the needle was touching the bottom of the gague cluster I guesstimated to be about 135) and I did that way more times than I care to admit.

You all have to come to Toronto. Eastbound on the 401 many weekends the normal traffic speed is 140-150 kph (93mph). this would be all 6 or 7 lanes each way going between 130 and 150. I've been in regular traffic flow at 160 before (100mph) and jumped in a convoy on Christmas day heading north on the 401 to Ottawa at 190 (120mph) for about 10 minutes (on Pirelli snows). Then I backed off and let them go. No camera so no proof, but anyone living in TO can attest to the nutty speeds on the 401.

btw, the convoy was a Lexus SUV, a BMW 330i, and a couple of mercedeses.

sgryzko said:
So what is the fastest P5 speed so far????

I'd say 135 MPH due to the computer shutting the fuel off at that speed.

If you have a piggyback or fuel management system a P5 could go faster.

I'm still picking up speed when I hit the fuel cut off at 135 with my MP3 ECU installed.

Stock P5 ECU shut me down at 132

rednecks_r_us said:
Man has this topic come up so many times.

I remember one guy saying the P5 was drag limited at something like 105.

Well I beg to differ. The speedometers may or may not be accurate at top speed. My P5 had a fuel cut off at 132 with just under 6000 RPMs. The rev limiter doesn't kick in until 7200. So at 6000 RPMs at 132 I was still accelerating when the fuel cut off hits. And I mean it hits. The engine just cuts until I was at 130 then full power is back.

Now that I have the MP3 ECU the my fuel cut off is at 135.

130%20mph.jpg
Sweet pic. I have been up around 118'ish going up the garden state pkwy in NJ. was for a long distance on the northern part. I had some to go, too......

-R

115 on a nice straight stretch, seems to be drag limited. If you take off the roof rack it's likely faster

iv been about 117 going down the highway and it seems like after you hit 110 it takes a verrrry long time to get to 117. although i have an auto so i guess thats why. but hey at least i can say i hit 105 in 3rd gear =) i have and 03.5 with the hole tiptronic thing going on.

well... i've hit about 117 also... my p5 is stick... it takes a hell of a long time to get from 100 to 117... but that's why we install turbo kits... and piggy backs :)

i used to have a 2001 bmw z3 let me tell you something... going 140 (z3) feels alot crazier then 117... and that's because of the fuel cut off... still had about 2000 before rev cut off... the z3 got up there pretty quick too... i guess it's like someon said before... drag makes a big difference... that z was super low to the ground...

ohhh gosh... i miss that car so much... :-(

The Z3's also weigh like a hundred and three pounds and have a straight 6. Those are some sweet little bastards. As I've said before and I'll say again; I wish I was short and skinny sometimes. Miatas, Audi TT's, Z3's, Celicas, Crossfires, Saleen S7R. I just dont quite fit.

audi TT's suck.... the RS6 is dope though... stock it has 450bhp with a twin turbo 6.... audi's are sick... my parents have a A4 3.0 with 6sp... and the torque and power are great... puts my p5 to shame

RS6's are nice, my friends family has one. TT's however, don't suck..the "performance" version..notice the ones with dual exhaust..are nothing to sneeze at..very quick, especially in the twisties..with all that said..still a b**** car..haha..

yeah but the TT's are heavy as s*** and they are very small... think squashed beetle.. every comparison i have seen isnt helpful either. Thats one problem with audi's... considering the AWD they should dominate in engine power.... but except for the rs6 and 2.7t they arent very powerful compared to nissan 3.5 or honda/acura 270hp TL. better then bmw any day though

akhilleus said:
yeah but the TT's are heavy as s*** and they are very small... think squashed beetle.. every comparison i have seen isnt helpful either. Thats one problem with audi's... considering the AWD they should dominate in engine power.... but except for the rs6 and 2.7t they arent very powerful compared to nissan 3.5 or honda/acura 270hp TL. better then bmw any day though
your smokin if you choose an acura over a beamer... i would even go as far as saying ur nuts for choose and audi over a beamer... compare the m5 to the rs6... and what do you got... a much more luxurious car... for a smaller price tag... and about the same hp... and because they are AWD is what makes them not dominate... even with more power... it's alot harder to distribute power to 4 wheels at high speeds then it is to distribute power to 2 wheels at high speeds. and the honda motors that are in those acuras may be a v 6 ... but sorry to tell you man... they are still slow... i guess i'm just a beamer guy... i've owned 2 of them already and i'm only 24yrs old... when it comes to luxury for the comon car... nothing tops a beamer or a benz... there the best at it if yo uask me

this has got to be the coolest smiley icon i have ever seen in my life...(mj)

nothing tops beemer or benz? Id take a jaguar xkr over those any day. and lets not get into really hi-end, ferrari and so forth.

Plus peugot and others have caught up to daimler and others. plus u forgot porsche.

So anyway I skipped the first 7 pages of posts and came here to keep the flames going. Always good to feel the love you know =)

p5sundevil said:
nothing tops beemer or benz? Id take a jaguar xkr over those any day. and lets not get into really hi-end, ferrari and so forth.

Plus peugot and others have caught up to daimler and others. plus u forgot porsche.

So anyway I skipped the first 7 pages of posts and came here to keep the flames going. Always good to feel the love you know =)
lol
yeah ... i definately agree that those cars are up their... i was just defending beamers from the "audi vs. beamer" arguement... and i was trying to stay in the price range of an rs6...

know what i mean....

ps. these icons are too funny... LOL
(moon) (fuoops)

I had my p5 up to 115 coming home from the Auto Show today. Also don't forget that Ford owns like 40% of Mazda

anarchistchiken said:
JAGUAR=FORD=FOUND ON ROAD DEAD. ppttttthb
People tend to associate Ford's ownership in various companies as a bad thing. I can see the reason of this being that Ford builds less than reliable cars in the US.

But people are too narrow sighted. Ford Europe builds some really great cars like the Mondeo, Focus, Fiesta, etc. In addition, Ford ownership in some of these companies have revitalized them rather than harmed them. Look at Volvo, and its expanding products lines. Land Rover, and its flagship. Jaguar and the new aluminum bodied XJ. And finally look at Mazda. Mazda in the 90s was an unpopular Japanese manufacturer hiding in the shadows behind Nissan and Toyota, by building cheaper clones of the bigger companies offerings.

But in recent years it all changed. Mazda started to create a brand image and seeked out and directed its mainstream products towards a niche market. The 3, 6 can attest to that.

This is partly due to Ford's ownership, and how is this a bad thing??<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Back