What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Where did you go to get it tinted? is that 5% on top of the factory tint? and what wheels and specs are those?

I've always taken my car to Tommy's Window Tinting in Portland. They offer a lifetime warranty on their work, but I've never had to use it. 5% was added to the fronts. They said factory tint was 25%, they added 18% on top of that. Tested and the results were 4%, a near match.

Wheels specs are here, http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-your-wheels&p=6250349&viewfull=1#post6250349

I've always taken my car to Tommy's Window Tinting in Portland. They offer a lifetime warranty on their work, but I've never had to use it. 5% was added to the fronts. They said factory tint was 25%, they added 18% on top of that. Tested and the results were 4%, a near match.

Wheels specs are here, http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-your-wheels&p=6250349&viewfull=1#post6250349

I'm taking my Fit to Le Car on Foster today to get it tinted. Had my fronts tinted 35% at Le Car too. Those wheels are nice though.

Nothing special. Had it washed and waxed by hand today.

Finally got my CX-5 tinted. 5% all the way around, including the visor. It's dark!

I remember as a teen growing up in South Florida my 1st car, an 84 corolla GT-s I had 5% all around. It was so dark I couldn't see squat at night. It was pretty dangerous, but I was young, dumb, and full of....

I'm taking my Fit to Le Car on Foster today to get it tinted. Had my fronts tinted 35% at Le Car too. Those wheels are nice though.
Good choice on the 35%. You don't have to worry about being pulled over for too dark tints. I have 25% installed on my two front windows and I am running around without license plates. Even though I have a temporary posted on the inside of my back window, it is hard to see. I feel like I have a big target on my back.

Removed the plastidip from the wheels. Looks like a different car lol. I have some of the new gunmetal metallic plastidip but I'm going to wait a few weeks to try it out. By the way, using a pressure washer really makes taking off the plastidip a lot easier.

NxrORAs.jpg

Good choice on the 35%. You don't have to worry about being pulled over for too dark tints. I have 25% installed on my two front windows and I am running around without license plates. Even though I have a temporary posted on the inside of my back window, it is hard to see. I feel like I have a big target on my back.

You still havent received your plates yet?

No not yet. I paid for them when I paid for the car.

They are taking their sweet ass time. I got mines the day i bought my cx-5. Have you tried calling them? When we bought our honda fit, the dealer had our plates for a week before we called and asked about it.

I lubed the caliper pins, bled the rear lines, then painted my rear brake calipers anodized gold
usy2y5u5.jpg

did you remove the whole thing to paint it? or just covered and sprayed?

The caliper, pins, and caliper bracket all came off to do a clean paint job. It's the only way you can do it correctly without overspray. Since I had it all off, I will do a feature write up on brake pad installation soon.
e5ute8y8.jpg

The caliper, pins, and caliper bracket all came off to do a clean paint job. It's the only way you can do it correctly without overspray. Since I had it all off, I will do a feature write up on brake pad installation soon.
e5ute8y8.jpg

Definitely doing things the right way. Paint job looks very clean. :)

Had the dealership replace driver's side mirror b/c of vibration issue. They had a service bulletin on it too. Better now but still not quite as good as passenger side. (2014 touring)

They are taking their sweet ass time. I got mines the day i bought my cx-5. Have you tried calling them? When we bought our honda fit, the dealer had our plates for a week before we called and asked about it.
Actually I am taking the vanity plates from a car I sold. I am waiting to have those plates to be assigned to me from the other car. I'm not sure why it's taking so long.

Cleaned my car today. Was disappointed by all the white (primer) specs I had on the front bumper and on the hood.

Latest posts

Back