What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I will never wear a bra ! (hahahaha) on my CX-5 ! because it will damage your paint ! Rain,snow,dirt everything comes under the bra ! Better is to plastidip or to place any Foliatec-film on the hood, you can always tear off the plastics ! And no damage at all to the paint !

By the way, a bra wll not help any avoid from damage to the bumper.........(only the hood)

I will never wear a bra ! (hahahaha) on my CX-5 ! because it will damage your paint ! Rain,snow,dirt everything comes under the bra ! Better is to plastidip or to place any Foliatec-film on the hood, you can always tear off the plastics ! And no damage at all to the paint !

By the way, a bra wll not help any avoid from damage to the bumper.........(only the hood)

Do you think a clear bra would've prevented those specks?

Clear bra, as in 3M or similar, which can be applied to painted bumpers. Get your mind out of the gutter (boobs)

I ordered a clear bra from ebay yesterday. For the youtube vids I have seen, it doesn't look too difficult to install.

This is what I mean (kind of hard to see in the photos, especially the hood shot but look closely). None of that is dirt, all paint chips. Most primer, a few black plastic of the bumper.

Man, Chris that does not look good. The paint on the Mazda is real soft. I am glad I did order the bra.

Good luck. Did you buy the one for the hood, the front bumper, or both? I hate putting those things on.
Iceman, I ordered the full set which includes part of the hood, front bumper mirrors and headlights. For the price it is worth it. I have sent a couple emails to the guy to find out more about the clear bra but he has not responded to a single email. I'll let you guys know how it goes. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Yea, I would be worried about perhaps paint difference (protected vs unprotected parts)of the paint overtime but, imo it would be a better solution that this. My mirrors are pretty bad too. Some of thespots were touched up, but there are way too many. Yea I'm having a sour note with my car right now. On Saturday I'll be on my fourth windshield (one replacement from a rock chip 3 from defective aftermarket glass). If you have your windshield replaced at safelight (or w/e) press for OEM glass.. the "expensive brand" aftermarket glass they use is garbage. (#1)The first replacement glass developd a stress facture from the edge. (#2)The second had a crack form on the inside of the glass where the mirror attaches, resulting in it falling off along with a chunk of glass while driving. Now the same exact crack is forming again. The 3rd visit was because the adhesive used to attach my rain sensor was completely incorrect, some greasy black s*** that clearly is not glass adhesive (which is now on my sensor, and I'm damn sure is the same adhesive they use to hold/seal the gasket). When I complained about that, they were ready to replace the windshield again, but one of the techs said that he knew the correct adhesive to use (Loctite he claimed). Originally I was told the adhesive only comes with the glass (which sounded odd). It held up for a few months but like 1 or 2 days after I went in about the second crack forming in the same damn spot, the sensor fell off AGAIN (WTF). So, I can only hope that replacement glass number 3 (OEM this time) will hold up. I'm going to be complaining to safelite corporate about this; between that cruddy glass which is costing hundreds of dollars to replace over and over (granted I only paid the deductible once but that's money form somewhere), and shoddy installation (including one where a tool was left inside my engine bay, and the gasket between the hood/window was not properly reinstalled (creating a gap for water to get in, slowly weakening the adhesive around that point and channeling water right into my window so I can't even have the window down when it's drizzling) this is a completely unacceptable service. I usually let things slide but there is quality lacking here with the product (not safelite), and the service (safelite) itself.

PDxQYhD.jpg

swBgXVW.jpg

sDIIs9P.jpg

HumnC9t.jpg

2mNLIYb.jpg

y8Djo2A.jpg

Last edited:
I was reading a few threads about issues with the Mazda windshield. I used Safelite to replace my windshield on my last car and I was very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. They screwed up my a wiper and misaleigned a microphone wire in the process. I won't be using them again. I agree with you that OEM is the way to go especially in replacing the windshield.

What does one have to do with the other??

well, seeing as the skyd is supposedly 50 state approved now (cal being the last a month or so ago), it seems that it would show up around the same time as a redsign

sounds like boost

Last edited:
Today, I was lucky enough to try out the 12.5B Tune file from Sassimac, Awesome! power everywhere , traction control got a bit of a workout as the roads around here a damp, but so far so good.

Also had my new autoexe racing front sway bar fitted, wow nice difference handling wise too, now I have speed and handling, soon stereo....

well, seeing as the skyd is supposedly 50 state approved now (cal being the last a month or so ago), it seems that it would show up around the same time as a redsign
You're looking for the diesel to show up in the new Miata?! No, no, no, no my friend! That's not gonna happen, at least not in the foreseeable future.

You're looking for the diesel to show up in the new Miata?! No, no, no, no my friend! That's not gonna happen, at least not in the foreseeable future.
That's not what I meant, I was referencing the sky d for the 6/cx-5

Today, I was lucky enough to try out the 12.5B Tune file from Sassimac, Awesome! power everywhere , traction control got a bit of a workout as the roads around here a damp, but so far so good.

Also had my new autoexe racing front sway bar fitted, wow nice difference handling wise too, now I have speed and handling, soon stereo....

Any negatives?

yea im hoping c/s will do a front sway bar since they already have the rear. jbr posted they were working on one, no word don it though
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...SPEED3-amp-Mazda3-Front-Sway-Bars-COMING-SOON!
hoping no collar on it is just a feature of the mockup(?).

Last edited:
Getting my window replaced again. Got a dealer glass this time.. I was shown the glass they were using compared to the dealer glass.. do not let a place give you non dealer glass if you can help it. Less precise gasket, less clips. Probably contributed to it failing along with seemingly inferior quality.

Back