What did you pay for your CX-5?

I picked up a 2014 Touring in meteor grey mica after getting a price from AAA. The AAA service uses truecar but gives you a little more off in addition to truecar's normal price. I wanted one with no extras but the local dealer only had one with roof racks. They honored the price and never even mentioned the roof racks. I called a couple of banks and got some rates for 72 months that was about 2.8%. They were initially going to give me 4.9% for 72 months, but they matched the rate within .2 % and discounted the car a little more to make up the .2% difference. I also had a trade in they gave me about $1800 for (not too bad considering the shape of the car and its impending failure). I got it for roughly $24k after taxes and everything.

This dealer also automatically includes a lifetime power train warranty for what it is worth. I think the warranty requires a transmission flush at around the 75k mile mark, but I think that is all it requires besides the normal oil changes and such. I plan to do a partial ATF drain and refill around 30k so having them do a complete flush at 75k seems like a good idea anyway.

Last edited:
I just got a price for 2015 Touring. $23000 plus TTL. I think is good. Or a 2015 with 31k miles and $19990. What do you think?

Get from deeter today, $23500 drive out price, check them out. It's a tough bargain, took me a week. They are pretty much on 24200, and then say can even 24000 that's it. Finally last night they gave it up lol.
The rate is high though @4.29, but it's first time loan a car so it's kindda reasonable, you could get 2.99 if you have great credit record. You can prepay it without penalty though, so you can refinance any time after 6 month.

Does anyone ever consider taking a low mileage lease for an initial lower monthly payment and then buy it out when the lease term ends? This would be to own the vehicle for many years to come. Any thoughts or realistic points on this aside from the car costing slightly more than a finance only deal?

I read through a few pages on this topic and I see most people finance over lease. I am interested to hear about some of the lease deals people made?

We bought our 2015 CX-5 Touring for $23,600 in Orlando. Had 7 miles on the odometer. No payments. Only options above the base Touring added to the vehicle was the 9 speaker Bose and Moon roof. I think we got a pretty good deal.

We bought our 2015 CX-5 Touring for $23,600 in Orlando. Had 7 miles on the odometer. No payments. Only options above the base Touring added to the vehicle was the 9 speaker Bose and Moon roof. I think we got a pretty good deal.

We just bought out base touring with roof rack, trailer hitch, tinted windows, cargo cover, for 21,900 in the Orlando area as well

Did not want the moon roof so I think the deals are pretty comparable

I love the ride that I got with this car, mileage combined is at like 25 MPG +or- so hoping that after a few K and the amsoil addition, I'll pick up a few MPG, but it is similar to my 07 Mazda6 so I'm quite happy with the car.

Last edited:
We just bought out base touring with roof rack, trailer hitch, tinted windows, cargo cover, for 21,900 in the Orlando area as well

Did not want the moon roof so I think the deals are pretty comparable

I love the ride that I got with this car, mileage combined is at like 25 MPG +or- so hoping that after a few K and the amsoil addition, I'll pick up a few MPG, but it is similar to my 07 Mazda6 so I'm quite happy with the car.

Did you get the Bose system with yours or just the base system? We bought ours at Sport Mazda.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to decide between a 2015 Mazda CX-5 and a 2015 Subaru Forester. I test drove both and the CX-5 was more fun to drive. All the Mazda dealerships in my area (northern Colorado) tack on a "dealer handling fee" (or whatever they want to call it) between $400 to $600. The Subaru dealerships are doing the same thing.

When folks post their price or quote here does that in include a dealer handling fee or is that something that happens just in my area?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to decide between a 2015 Mazda CX-5 and a 2015 Subaru Forester. I test drove both and the CX-5 was more fun to drive. All the Mazda dealerships in my area (northern Colorado) tack on a "dealer handling fee" (or whatever they want to call it) between $400 to $600. The Subaru dealerships are doing the same thing.

When folks post their price or quote here does that in include a dealer handling fee or is that something that happens just in my area?

The CX-5 is more well-rounded than the Forester, IMO. I was in the same exact dilemma and I'm happier for choosing Mazda.

As far as the dealership fee, I'd assume they're including it?

Ouch, that is a phenomenally high interest rate for your credit score. I have a lower score (I think ~725-730) and got 0% interest through Mazda (which is actually through Chase). At least you can pay it off early without penalty, I hope?

I've noticed people say "ouch" a lot on this forum.

I've got an offer of $26,775 for a 15' fwd GT w/tech. Awfully tempting. Hard to decide if I'll be happy with the savings or always longing for the new features on the 16'.

Need help! Long story short a salesman gave me an e-mail quote of $27,995 for a 2016 GT with Tech and i-ACTIVESENSE. They list MSRP for that package as $32,045. I figured it was a mistake so I asked for the vin# to go along with his quote. Immediately the Internet Sales Manager calls back and admits the mistake but says he wants to do right by me and offer me the car at employee pricing. He calls it "eplan" pricing. His offer on the table is $29,674. $2,371 below MSRP for a model that is still sitting on the back lots of most dealerships while they push the 15's. I jump on this yesterday right??!!

Last edited:
Need help! Long story short a salesman gave me an e-mail quote of $27,995 for a 2016 GT with Tech and i-ACTIVESENSE. They list MSRP for that package as $32,045. I figured it was a mistake so I asked for the vin# to go along with his quote. Immediately the Internet Sales Manager calls back and admits the mistake but says he wants to do right by me and offer me the car at employee pricing. He calls it "eplan" pricing. His offer on the table is $29,674. $2,371 below MSRP for a model that is still sitting on the back lots of most dealerships while they push the 15's. I jump on this yesterday right??!!
Did you mean a 2015? Are the 2016's already out?(confused)(confused)
By the way the old "admits a mistake" line from the sales manager smells like a bait n' switch to me.

I've probably been guilty of that a few times here :)

That bxpretzel guy seems to say it if he thinks you got ripped off. I should never come to the forums, because no matter how much research I did, no matter how many dealers I beat up for price, no matter how great a deal I got, someone, in fact several people, ALWAYS, do better by thousands of dollars. It's so infuriating, I want more than anything to have the absolute BEST price. Then i come here to find out I was a total victim.

The only thing I can think is most people just traded in their car, and that seems to be rarely mentioned. The dealer will always rape you on the trade-in, if you're willing to do a little extra work you can sell it yourself, even if it's just to a salvage yard.

Back