What did you pay for your CX-5?

I purchased a 2014 FWD Automatic Touring w/Tech package on March 31, and it was just delivered today. I believe MSRP is $28,260 for this. Paid $26,505, plus $199 dealer fee (supposedly everywhere here in Maryland), tax (6%), and title/registration fees. So total OTD was $28,585 plus the finance charge on 0.9% APR from Mazda. I started the process through the PenFed Car Buying service (which uses TrueCar), and ended up shopping around a few dealers in the area. I originally wanted this same exact options but in dark blue, but had a lot of trouble finding it. One dealer said it wasn't available anywhere in the northeast until late April. I finally settled on dark gray when a dealer agreed to this price via e-mail, which seemed pretty good.

So far, we're enjoying it. I just wish you could type in the nav system while in motion (i.e. the passenger entering an address), but it's a minor quibble. Also, you have to move the front seat up pretty far in order to fit our baby's car-seat in the rear, since it's rear-facing in the fully reclined position.

Does anyone happen to know if this will require an emissions test when registered in California? Their website suggests that certain makes/models are exempt from requiring the test, but doesn't identify which ones.

I purchased a 2014 FWD Automatic Touring w/Tech package on March 31, and it was just delivered today. ... So total OTD was $28,585 plus the finance charge on 0.9% APR from Mazda. ...

How much are the finance charges when you get the loan through Mazda ?

Thanks,

--AGLAT

In my case, a total of $670 over the life of the loan. But by taking this loan, the dealer included a $200 incentive, which affected the purchase price.

To clarify, I wasn't asking about the total Interest over the life of the loan, but rather any finance charges associated with borrowing the money in the first place.

It sounds like there aren't any additional charges to be concerned with -- only the interest itself.

Thanks !

--AGLAT

Did some shopping around in a search for a GT AWD. Found the right one the other day and drove it home last night. $24500 plus the tax tags etc. for a essentially new plus 20K miles. Feeling pretty good about the purcahse. Definitely an upgrade from the 02 Impreza wagon.

Howdy to all, new to the forum and have been learning a lot from all the helpful posts here. Picked up a 2014.5 CX-5 Touring FWD for the wife last weekend, it was the last one within 150 miles in Soul red with sand interior. Options include tech package, Bose/sunroof, roof rack and KARR alarm. We bought on the Mazda Eplan which is a set employee price from Mazda, it was $26,600 plus tax & lic. We really enjoy the car, just filled it up after the first 300 miles and it took 10.3 gallons, not bad.

Finally, bought a 2015 AWD GT w/Tech, Soul Red! Got it for about $400 under invoice, almost $1700 under MSRP.

There are a few price changes from the 2014 model year:

GT base was $150 higher (no doubt, paying for the advanced keyless system)
Tech was $200 cheaper (minus the keyless system)
Transportation is now $830 (was $795)
Roof rails are now $275 (up from $250)

Remote start is up as well, but it seems rare to see from the factory (at least here in So Cal).

Averaged 31 mpg on the drive from Bakersfield, including over the grapevine. Lots of 70mph sections too...

Finally, bought a 2015 AWD GT w/Tech, Soul Red! Got it for about $400 under invoice, almost $1700 under MSRP.

There are a few price changes from the 2014 model year:

GT base was $150 higher (no doubt, paying for the advanced keyless system)
Tech was $200 cheaper (minus the keyless system)
Transportation is now $830 (was $795)
Roof rails are now $275 (up from $250)

Remote start is up as well, but it seems rare to see from the factory (at least here in So Cal).

Averaged 31 mpg on the drive from Bakersfield, including over the grapevine. Lots of 70mph sections too...

1700 off msrp is a great deal. does that include destination? any rebates?

Update: Mazda Capital lowered my APR (from 2.9 to 1.9% - 72 months) before my first payment was due! This dropped it down $16 a month from what it originally was supposed to be, and is now $6 less than what my old vehicle's was.

I just got mine today:
'15 grand touring awd, white mica paint, tech package
Price $30,175, paid $75 doc fee, $30 temporary permit ( I bought out
Of state )
Also got 60 month financing at 1.9%.

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am considering getting a 2015 GT awd (no tech package) white or deep blue. I have been quoted 28,401 +tax,title,plates. This is about 1700 below msrp and seems lower than pricing on true car and kbb. Is it possible to go lower or has anyone had luck getting good discount on accessories?
Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks!

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am considering getting a 2015 GT awd (no tech package) white or deep blue. I have been quoted 28,401 +tax,title,plates. This is about 1700 below msrp and seems lower than pricing on true car and kbb. Is it possible to go lower or has anyone had luck getting good discount on accessories?

that seems unusually low, actually. was that a real qoute - or one that included rebates/incentives that you may or may not qualify for?

i ask because i had a dealer quote that only to find out they were adding in a bunch of rebates i wouldn't get.

check some sites like truecar or edmunds. they can give more realistic estimate for your area.

Last edited:

Fees? What fees? How much? A common ploy that fools most is the "doc fee". Most people think this mandatory, like taxes and gladly bend over for it. It is the cost of typing of documents. Some states have limits, most don't. I paid $40 for my motorcycle and $75 for my CX5. The local dealer wanted $595! Really? Assuming the woman typing it up makes $12 an hour, is she really going to spend at least five days, working 9-5, type up a couple of forms?
The local dealer who wanted $595 also wanted $189 for window etching. Yeah, I could brag to people that the car cost $100 under invoice but really, if you are getting screwed elsewhere and you over pay, is it really worth it?
I found another dealer (I think in UT) with a good price, except it came with a roof rack (which I didn't want). He said that they come that way from the port (I read that the dealers install it). Later, he gave me a price which had the cost of the stupid rack added on top of the original total price (so the price in the autotrader was low by $275, dishonest if you ask me). Then the price had a doc fee of $895 added to it!
I have seen other dealers have a doc fee and a "dealers handling fee".
Make no doubt about it- don't get screwed by fees! You'll find that the love to give you low ball, come in and bit prices, but are loathe to give you a rundown of fees. That is because they'd rather you learn about them in their sales office when you are excited about a new car, than at home when you can give them thought.

Fees? What fees? How much? A common ploy that fools most is the "doc fee". Most people think this mandatory, like taxes and gladly bend over for it. It is the cost of typing of documents. Some states have limits, most don't. I paid $40 for my motorcycle and $75 for my CX5. The local dealer wanted $595! Really? Assuming the woman typing it up makes $12 an hour, is she really going to spend at least five days, working 9-5, type up a couple of forms?
The local dealer who wanted $595 also wanted $189 for window etching. Yeah, I could brag to people that the car cost $100 under invoice but really, if you are getting screwed elsewhere and you over pay, is it really worth it?
I found another dealer (I think in UT) with a good price, except it came with a roof rack (which I didn't want). He said that they come that way from the port (I read that the dealers install it). Later, he gave me a price which had the cost of the stupid rack added on top of the original total price (so the price in the autotrader was low by $275, dishonest if you ask me). Then the price had a doc fee of $895 added to it!
I have seen other dealers have a doc fee and a "dealers handling fee".
Make no doubt about it- don't get screwed by fees! You'll find that the love to give you low ball, come in and bit prices, but are loathe to give you a rundown of fees. That is because they'd rather you learn about them in their sales office when you are excited about a new car, than at home when you can give them thought.

The quote is:
S-Plan/Invoice $28,401.00
Document/CVR Fee $224.00
Sub-Total $28,625.00
6% Sales tax $1,717.50
Total $30,342.50
Plate fee ?
Title Fee ?
GRAND TOTAL $30,342.50

Hello everyone. Just picked up a 2014 touring with the tech and Bose/moon roof packages.

MSRP was $28,225
I paid $26,226 plus $1975.50 in tax and $388 registration/DMV fees.

I believe I could have got a bit more off but I'm getting older and I don't enjoy the "fight" anymore. They also gave me a decent price on my trade in with no attempts to screw me over.

The parts department beat the lowest price I could find online for the all weather and cargo mats.

All in all I'm OK with the deal and like the car.

Edit: Forgot to add that they are doing the first 2 oil changes for free.

Last edited:
Just bought a 2014 CX-5 Sport Manual.....no options at all. I got the dealer down to $19,200 with a $500 Mazda Loyalty Rebate, total out the door was $21,380. This was the lowest price I could get, most of the other low volume Mazda dealers in the area wouldn't come down under the MSRP for this particular model. It's puzzling because manual transmission CX-5's are not in high demand.

Just bought a 2014 CX-5 Sport Manual.....no options at all. I got the dealer down to $19,200 with a $500 Mazda Loyalty Rebate, total out the door was $21,380. This was the lowest price I could get, most of the other low volume Mazda dealers in the area wouldn't come down under the MSRP for this particular model. It's puzzling because manual transmission CX-5's are not in high demand.

Yes, and supply must be very low too.

Congrats on your unique CX-5 and welcome to mazdas247.com.

Yes, and supply must be very low too.

Congrats on your unique CX-5 and welcome to mazdas247.com.

Not sure where you guys are located but I had no problem finding 2014's in stock. Last week I saw a decent amount of manual sports when I was shopping. But "Nor-Cal" is pretty vast so your location might be different.

Latest posts

Back