What did you pay for your CX-5?

Not sure where you guys are located but I had no problem finding 2014's in stock. Last week I saw a decent amount of manual sports when I was shopping. But "Nor-Cal" is pretty vast so your location might be different.

I'm in San Jose. I didn't have problems finding a manual.....I just had problems getting a low price for one. One of the dealers here had an ok price, but they didn't have the color I wanted. I ended up buying one from Fremont Mazda who had the best price by a good margin.

Hey all,

I'm trying to find a good price for a 2015 Cx-5 AWD GT with the tech package, remote start and the rear backup sensors. I tried a couple Philly area dealers and none have much instock or seem to know when exactly when things are coming in, they just give vague timelines.

On a recommendation of a friend, I tried a dealership in the Batlimore area. They are pretty high volume and have 3 Mazda stores. They have some Cx-5s with the tech package coming in this week and are going to add the remote start and rear sensors at the Port before it gets delivered to the dealership. The price they quoted me was $31,088- $500 loyalty= $30,588.

Do you think that's a fair price or can I do better? True Car and Emunds are kind of all over the place as far as pricing on this configuraion. The prices range from $30,800-32,500.

I'd like to get it down a little more, maybe another $500. Thoughts?

Just bought a 2014 CX-5 Sport Manual.....no options at all. I got the dealer down to $19,200 with a $500 Mazda Loyalty Rebate, total out the door was $21,380. This was the lowest price I could get, most of the other low volume Mazda dealers in the area wouldn't come down under the MSRP for this particular model. It's puzzling because manual transmission CX-5's are not in high demand.

That seems like a good price to me. In Colorado I could only find 2 dealers with 2014 CX-5 sport manuals. I got mine last September when we were much earlier in the model year. I spent about $800 more than you, but I didn't have the mazda loyalty $500.

I'm in San Jose. I didn't have problems finding a manual.....I just had problems getting a low price for one. One of the dealers here had an ok price, but they didn't have the color I wanted. I ended up buying one from Fremont Mazda who had the best price by a good margin.

That sucks. I didn't get the best price either but I am OK with it. Color options are getting hit or miss so if you got the one that makes you happy that's most important.

A few hundred dollars comes and goes but enjoying something you have to drive everyday is more important in my mind.

Tonight I bought a 2015 GT w/Technology package for $2250 under MSRP + $75 Doc. Fee. They also threw in a Cargo Tray. I pick up my Sole Red machine on Monday after they install the Roof Rails and Rear Bumper Protector. I am excited to get the CX-5 and now I can enjoy driving on the sand and snow.

I just bought 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD (White) with Tech package. It doesn't have any other extras like roof rails etc.

I paid

$29,099 for the car
DMV fees (around $275)
Doc fees - $75
No Sales Tax (Oregon)

Everything was negotiated via phone/email before I went to buy the car.

Only surprise addition was loan origination fee of ~$350 for Mazda financing for the 0.9% for 36 months. But, I thought I was good deal with the car price so did not complain much about it. I don't think auto loans have any financing fees usually - is this just a way to make additional money?

Osho

Last edited:
I just bought 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (White) with Tech package. It doesn't have any other extras like roof rails etc.

I paid

$29,099 for the car
DMV fees (around $275)
Doc fees - $75
No Sales Tax (Oregon)

Only surprise addition was loan origination fee of ~$350 for Mazda financing for the 0.9% for 36 months. But, I thought I was good deal with the car price so did not complain much about it. I don't think auto loans have any financing fees usually - is this just a way to make additional money?

Osho
Well done Osho!

Tonight I bought a 2015 GT w/Technology package for $2250 under MSRP + $75 Doc. Fee. They also threw in a Cargo Tray. I pick up my Sole Red machine on Monday after they install the Roof Rails and Rear Bumper Protector. I am excited to get the CX-5 and now I can enjoy driving on the sand and snow.

I just bought 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (White) with Tech package. It doesn't have any other extras like roof rails etc.

I paid

$29,099 for the car
DMV fees (around $275)
Doc fees - $75
No Sales Tax (Oregon)

Osho
Are these both AWDs or FWDs, makes a difference since the difference between the two is $1250MSRP.

Mine is AWD too. I think the dealer made up some ground on Osho with the finance origination fee but did very well over all. Another dealer offered me $2250 of MSRP as well. There must be some Factory to Dealer incentive going now.

There must be some Factory to Dealer incentive going now.

One possibility is that the strong Yen has allowed Mazda to make extra profit on the cars they sell in the US, allowing room for slightly lower prices and more volume.

In late 2012 $1 was just 80 Yen and now $1 is 100 yen. Since the CX-5 is made in Japan and the profit is calculated in Yen a strong Yen means Mazda can make money selling cars a bit cheaper than it was possible just 1.5 years ago.

Picked up a 2015 CX-5 Touring AWD on Sat. Got the bose/moon roof package, roof rack, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, 3M clear bra, extended warranty, and fees for under 29k after the 2250 off MSRP.

2015 CX-5 Sport FWD, automatic transmission, no packages
Extras/Accessories: roof rails, tow hitch (wired)
$24650 out of the door, no financing, no trade-in
(Seattle)

One possibility is that the strong Yen has allowed Mazda to make extra profit on the cars they sell in the US, allowing room for slightly lower prices and more volume.

In late 2012 $1 was just 80 Yen and now $1 is 100 yen. Since the CX-5 is made in Japan and the profit is calculated in Yen a strong Yen means Mazda can make money selling cars a bit cheaper than it was possible just 1.5 years ago.
Actually the Yen is getting weaker. If it takes more Yen to buy the same Dollar, the Yen is weaker against the Dollar.http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/hondas-profit-doubles-weak-yen-strong-sales-23464792 My thinking is that there is so much competition in this market segment that we might be seeing discounts from other automakers as well.

2015 CX-5 Sport FWD, automatic transmission, no packages
Extras/Accessories: roof rails, tow hitch (wired)
$24650 out of the door, no financing, no trade-in
(Seattle)
How much off of MSRP did you end up getting? Did you pay any fees?

Actually the Yen is getting weaker. If it takes more Yen to buy the same Dollar, the Yen is weaker against the Dollar.http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/hondas-profit-doubles-weak-yen-strong-sales-23464792 My thinking is that there is so much competition in this market segment that we might be seeing discounts from other automakers as well.

You are right. The Yen is getting weaker, and I got confused :)

There is a lot of competition in the market (and all the little CUV's look way too similar for my taste), but thanks to the weak Yen Mazda is able to compete on price and still make a profit.
I read somewhere that Mazda is especially vulnerable to Yen fluctuation because almost all of it's production is in Japan (some moving to Mexico in recent months)

Last edited:
When the yen goes down, it cost less dollars to buy a CX5. When the yen goes up, it takes more dollars to buy a cx5. When the value of a country's currency drops, it makes their exports cheaper, supposedly will help increase employment, at least that is what they have been telling us in the U.S. for the last two decades.
I remember back in '85 or so, a year old Porsche 944 actually went up in value. Why? Because the dollar dropped so much against the mark ( or, the mark went up against the dollar) that new 944's went up a few $1,000 in price.
There was discussion in the papers about the decline of the yen a year ago, it was speculated that rather than marked down the price of cars, manufactorers of japanese cars would keep prices the same, maybe increase content and pocket the rest.

Picked mine up last Friday. $750 incentive, $2k for my Mazda 6 Sportwagon with 152,000 on the odo but in good shape, and extended warrentee at cost. The 6 had a book value around $1k but not with those miles.

Wow what an ordeal I've been through. A couple weeks ago I went to the stealership to pay for my brand new CX-5. After spending loads of time with the finance guy I went to finally check out the new rig. To my surprise I found a couple deep scratches in the paint on the rear deck lid. Needless to say I was mad. I told them I am not spending 30k on a car that needs warranty work before I ever had a chance to first sit in it. Long story short I got my money back. I went to another dealership and negotiated an even better price 29,525 for a 2015 Sole Red GT AWD/w Technology with roof rack. They threw in the cargo tray and cargo net. They added a doc fee of $75. They gave me a 2012 Chevy Equinox for a week to drive until my car arrived too. In the end, I finally got the car I wanted.

Any thoughts on 24,700 for a 2015 Red Touring no options/packages? Fees listed have been the same at all the dealerships I've talked to.

Edit: Should have added that the number is before tax title and fees.

Last edited:
Back