What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hey guys! I'm new here so let's get personal haha

So I went to the dealership last weekend to see if I can even get a new car. The sales guy was nice like they always do and we test drove the CX-5 AWD Touring. I was IN LOVE! The only reason why I need to get a new car is because I'm currently expecting and driving a 2 door coupe Honda Civic so I know it's going to be such a pain in the booty for the car seat, especially after labor. ANYWHO, my situation is quite difficult since I will have negative equity in my loan... about $7,125 after trade-in cost ($12,000 for the Civic) and we're going to put $6,000 down. I finally convinced the sales guy to lower the price but only to the invoice! I want the moon/bose package so the total price is $27,118 before tax/registeration fees/etc. This is for the 2014 white CX-5 AWD touring.

Now do you guys think I can get him to lower more? The sales guy said no more and that's the best he can do. Yeah right, right? My total loan cost with everything if he doesn't lower the price is $30,884! The APR he gave me is at 4.99% for 72 months which was better than what I have with the Civic (21% - bad credit). So the question is with all of this, should I even try to lower the $27,118 even though I have a big mess? lol. This is my first time really buying a new car.

Hey guys! I'm new here so let's get personal haha

So I went to the dealership last weekend to see if I can even get a new car. The sales guy was nice like they always do and we test drove the CX-5 AWD Touring. I was IN LOVE! The only reason why I need to get a new car is because I'm currently expecting and driving a 2 door coupe Honda Civic so I know it's going to be such a pain in the booty for the car seat, especially after labor. ANYWHO, my situation is quite difficult since I will have negative equity in my loan... about $7,125 after trade-in cost ($12,000 for the Civic) and we're going to put $6,000 down. I finally convinced the sales guy to lower the price but only to the invoice! I want the moon/bose package so the total price is $27,118 before tax/registeration fees/etc. This is for the 2014 white CX-5 AWD touring.

Now do you guys think I can get him to lower more? The sales guy said no more and that's the best he can do. Yeah right, right? My total loan cost with everything if he doesn't lower the price is $30,884! The APR he gave me is at 4.99% for 72 months which was better than what I have with the Civic (21% - bad credit). So the question is with all of this, should I even try to lower the $27,118 even though I have a big mess? lol. This is my first time really buying a new car.

that seems very high for a 2014. 2015s are arrving now. check truecar.com, kbb, nada for your area.

you might try selling your civic yourself. post it on craigslist.

that seems very high for a 2014. 2015s are arrving now. check truecar.com, kbb, nada for your area.

you might try selling your civic yourself. post it on craigslist.

I got the sales guy to lower $750 off of the invoice so it's $26,368 but now I'm trying to figure out how to get more for my trade-in! Truecar said in my area for 2014 cx-5 awd touring w/ moon & bose package should be $27,800. Are prices different depending on location?? Even in states?

I got the sales guy to lower $750 off of the invoice so it's $26,368 but now I'm trying to figure out how to get more for my trade-in! Truecar said in my area for 2014 cx-5 awd touring w/ moon & bose package should be $27,800. Are prices different depending on location?? Even in states?

the msrp won't vary, but i imagine supply and demand would affect the selling price. did you look at the price of the 2015? you'll have an extra year of depreciation already with the 2014.

the msrp won't vary, but i imagine supply and demand would affect the selling price. did you look at the price of the 2015? you'll have an extra year of depreciation already with the 2014.

I see and yes, I actually wanted 2015! The sales guy said because of my credit and the negative equity, I won't get approve for a loan if I look at 2015 =(

I see and yes, I actually wanted 2015! The sales guy said because of my credit and the negative equity, I won't get approve for a loan if I look at 2015 =(

that sounds suspicious. how much difference in price wsaw there between the 2014/2015?

that sounds suspicious. how much difference in price wsaw there between the 2014/2015?

not really much, the msrp for the 2014 was 28,190 and the 2015 is 28,375. i got him to lower the invoice price by $1,000 from $27,118 and he's giving my trade-in now to 12,750. i know it's close to the end of the month like literally 2 days away so i'm trying to see if i can get anymore but so far, i think that's a good deal and we get tax credit for the trade-in here in washington as well.

Yep, and difficult to make any valid comparisons, muddled with a trade-in, negative equity, creative financing, tax treatment in WA that doesn't apply to all states in US, etc., etc.

And with some we don't hear about the purchased extended warranties, paint/interior treatments, tire/wheel protection packages that have obscene profit margins.

not really much, the msrp for the 2014 was 28,190 and the 2015 is 28,375. i got him to lower the invoice price by $1,000 from $27,118 and he's giving my trade-in now to 12,750. i know it's close to the end of the month like literally 2 days away so i'm trying to see if i can get anymore but so far, i think that's a good deal and we get tax credit for the trade-in here in washington as well.

they have some incentive to get rid of the 2014s, but if they are telling you $185 is the difference between financing and no financing something is wrong. just my opinion.

Purchase date 3/29/14
2015 CX-5 Touring in deep crystal blue, no additional options
$26191 + sales tax
(The $26191 price included the destination fee and dealer admin fee.)
39 miles on the odometer (the distance from the original dealer to the dealer we purchased from)

they have some incentive to get rid of the 2014s, but if they are telling you $185 is the difference between financing and no financing something is wrong. just my opinion.

that's true but i couldn't resist lol, after a week of negotiation, we finally got the cx-5 last night for $26,204 with the bose/moon roof package and destination/dealer admin fee + sales tax. the tax credit definitely saved us some money from the sales tax since washington sales tax is about 9.5%! i'm in LOVE with this vehicle and i'm happy with the purchase and got an amazing deal with the gap insurance and other things... only because the finance guy's hometown is also my boyfriend's (long story short, finance's baby mama went to the same high school as my boyfriends back in so cal - SMALL WORLD) so he gave us a good discount lol. the miles on the car was only 28.

i'm super happy with my mommy mobile! that's the ONLY reason why i wanted this car is because i'm currently expecting my first baby so i want a good, safety car without the hassle of taking the car seat out of the 2-door coupe. =)

Hello,
New to the forum here. Just bought my first Mazda yesterday. A 2015 CX-5 Meteor Grey Grand Touring. MSRP was $30,480 including destination-had wheel locks, roof rails and bumper guard already installed. Got it for $1654 off of that price ($28,826) plus tags and tax. Price shopped with 4 different dealers and this was the best price I found. Also was much lower than all the prices I could find online at places like KBB, Truecar, etc.- so I'm happy. I added some other options (cargo cover, splash guards, Homelink mirror) and the dealer charged me at his invoice cost. Gave me a decent value for my trade-in as well. Some of the other dealers I dealt with gave horrible trade-in values for my car, as well as offering less off MSRP. Was able to get Mazda financing at 1.9% for 60 months as well. I'm picking it up this coming Saturday. Excited to own my first Mazda, having mainly driven Hondas (1 Acura) my whole life!!

Hello,
New to the forum here. Just bought my first Mazda yesterday. A 2015 CX-5 Meteor Grey Grand Touring. MSRP was $30,480 including destination-had wheel locks, roof rails and bumper guard already installed. Got it for $1654 off of that price ($28,826) plus tags and tax. Price shopped with 4 different dealers and this was the best price I found. Also was much lower than all the prices I could find online at places like KBB, Truecar, etc.- so I'm happy. I added some other options (cargo cover, splash guards, Homelink mirror) and the dealer charged me at his invoice cost. Gave me a decent value for my trade-in as well. Some of the other dealers I dealt with gave horrible trade-in values for my car, as well as offering less off MSRP. Was able to get Mazda financing at 1.9% for 60 months as well. I'm picking it up this coming Saturday. Excited to own my first Mazda, having mainly driven Hondas (1 Acura) my whole life!!

congrats! me too!! this is my first mazda as well and had only been driving honda and acura lol oh also nissan =)

that's true but i couldn't resist lol, after a week of negotiation, we finally got the cx-5 last night for $26,204 with the bose/moon roof package and destination/dealer admin fee + sales tax. the tax credit definitely saved us some money from the sales tax since washington sales tax is about 9.5%! i'm in LOVE with this vehicle and i'm happy with the purchase and got an amazing deal with the gap insurance and other things... only because the finance guy's hometown is also my boyfriend's (long story short, finance's baby mama went to the same high school as my boyfriends back in so cal - SMALL WORLD) so he gave us a good discount lol. the miles on the car was only 28.

i'm super happy with my mommy mobile! that's the ONLY reason why i wanted this car is because i'm currently expecting my first baby so i want a good, safety car without the hassle of taking the car seat out of the 2-door coupe. =)

congrats. wish you wouldn't have called it a mommy-mobile, though. that brings up images of a minivan.

Just pulled the trigger on a 2014.5 CX5 Sport Jet Black Mica for $20,710 before TTL and trade in . Got them to throw in free tint all around and 3 more free oil changes .

Hi new here.
Been quote 2015 touring AWD with both moon roof+tech packages with invoice
MSRP: $30,090
Invoice: $28,964
Internet Sale Price: $28,964 +DMV

what is reasonable price?

Pulled the trigger in the weekend for 2015 red CX-5 touring AWD with moon roof/boss package + tech package.
The cost for car: Invoice - $1200
OTD price = Invoice -$1200 +DMV fee (~$240) + Doc fee ($75). No other fee or tax :)
Like it so far, lots of new safety + tech feature, better than my CX-9 in term of safety & technology :)

Finally got my CX-5! I purchased it at Wayne Mazda in New Jersey. For those in Jersey - NEVER go to Sansone Auto. They are a (more than usual) shady bunch of bad-tempered a-holes. I wound up going to Wayne Mazda, spent 75% less time working out a deal and still wound up paying $2,000 less than I would have at Sansone.

Car: 2014.5 CX-5 Touring AWD
Color: Soul Red
Extras: Bose/Moonroof package
Price before taxes and fees: $24,671
Odomoter: 4 miles

Hi all, just pulled the trigger on a 2014 Touring w/ Moonroof and Tech on 3/31. Blue/tan

MSRP: $28,565
Offer: $26,000
Dealer adds (tint,etch,backlight): $578
Fees/DMV: $800
Out the door: $29,629

The experience was mostly painless. I was battling with another dealer to get their price down a bit on a white one, they had an outrageous $1900 dealer fee. He ended up dropping over half but was still more expensive. Then I found out it wasn't a 2014.5, so that pretty much killed it.

Spoke to the fleet manager from the dealer I purchased from at about 7pm on the 31st, for the first time. He said he needed 3 more sales to meet his numbers for the quarter and would give me a good deal. Made it easy to see the breakdown of price and fees, rather than most dealers who just like to send you their OTD price and monthly payment... so he sent over the quote and I was there within half an hour, and out the door another hour later. I did not haggle any further. Probably could have gotten the dealer fee/doc fee and add-ons further reduced but they threw in 3yrs oil changes/tire rotations too, so I didn't push the issue. I'm happy. She is a pleasure to drive, what a smooth transmission.

While I was on the highway to get there, the first dealer called me back trying to get me to go there and consider another 2014.5 he'd found, but he only dropped his price by $75, which was not enough to sway me, considering the free service I'd be getting at the other place. Plus I did not want to pay for parking sensors which jacked the price up even more.

That is definitely the way to buy a car, much better than going back and forth haggling over every detail. The fleet manager was very knowledgeable and didn't try to deceive me or hide anything in any way. For once I felt like a Mazda employee knew as much as I do about these vehicles. Thanks to all on this forum for the very detailed advice on how to navigate the new car buying experience - my first time!

Last edited:
Back