What did you pay for your CX-5?

A dealer in Northern VA just offered me $28,399 for a 2015 AWD grand touring with no tech package (price included destination fee but no taxes or tag) that was just shipped in from the factory. I was quoted $28,000 on an identical '14 yesterday. Is this a great price for the 2015?

Here's something weird... The agreed upon value of the car is $29,699 (plus about $2400 in reductions). But in Itemization of Gross Capitalized Cost, (b) Sales/use tax, I'm listed at $121.79. How does that work? I'm in NJ - 7% sales tax on the amount of your payments. It's a lease - do they somehow roll the majority of the taxes into the agreed upon price? I don't get it.

A dealer in Northern VA just offered me $28,399 for a 2015 AWD grand touring with no tech package (price included destination fee but no taxes or tag) that was just shipped in from the factory. I was quoted $28,000 on an identical '14 yesterday. Is this a great price for the 2015?

that sounds like a very good price. i'm at $29,236 here in pittsburgh. trying for a better deal. what dealership? i would drive to VA to save a grand.

any rebates that you quaified for at that price? loyalty/military?

Last edited:
So this is what they sent me in response to my request ,still waiting on the response from the 3 other dealers(another OKC and 2 from TX):

OKC Mazda dealer :
VIN# JM3KE2BE7E0385876
Car Price 21,200
Tax (3.25%) : 689
Title: 11
Document Fees (if any) 299

For a total of 22,290 OTD which is not much better than the previous deal they had going on .

I am read a few times here about 2014 and 2014.5 ; so what is the difference ?
I am not sure whether this is relevant or not but the car was delivered at the dealership on March 15,2014. I also intend to keep the car for a while until it stops running.

i just spoke with Ourisman Mazda in Rockville, MD. they are sleazy. on their website the have a 2015 CX-5 GT, AWD, white with roofrails as the only option. the price showing is $28,383. link: http://www.ourismanmazdaofrockville...ngton-DC-bf05334f0a0a00de0a7b6e9e26042604.htm

I started an IM session with them to get the details. The reason i say they are sleazy is they stack a bunch of rebates to make the price cheaper, but do not say that is what they are doing. This prices included "$500 Military, $750 Owner Appreciation and $500 Conquest which is a competitive rebate".

i asked for their best price and was told this (jeff was the salesperson): "Jeff Lemme: Well if you come in today I will Sell you the car at Invoice minus $750 which would put you at $28875. When you get here I will work with you to save even more."

At that point, I ended the IM session so I don't know what other fees they were going to try to add. why do car dealers have to be so sleazy? (toilet)

i just spoke with Ourisman Mazda in Rockville, MD. they are sleazy. on their website the have a 2015 CX-5 GT, AWD, white with roofrails as the only option. the price showing is $28,383. link: http://www.ourismanmazdaofrockville...ngton-DC-bf05334f0a0a00de0a7b6e9e26042604.htm

I started an IM session with them to get the details. The reason i say they are sleazy is they stack a bunch of rebates to make the price cheaper, but do not say that is what they are doing. This prices included "$500 Military, $750 Owner Appreciation and $500 Conquest which is a competitive rebate".

i asked for their best price and was told this (jeff was the salesperson): "Jeff Lemme: Well if you come in today I will Sell you the car at Invoice minus $750 which would put you at $28875. When you get here I will work with you to save even more."

At that point, I ended the IM session so I don't know what other fees they were going to try to add. why do car dealers have to be so sleazy? (toilet)
Not that uncommon. A dealer in metro Portland does the same thing. In the very fine print is a disclaimer stating that price includes all available discounts some of which you may not qualify for... (mad)

Edmonds.com publishes MSRP and Invoice pricing for those who want to filter the dealer BS.

Greetings! As of today....

2014.5 GT AWD with tech and ALL available other options (sensors, cargo, garage openers, you name it.)
$30,900 before (even) trade and other minimal taxes and fees.

I'm happy because the price fell right around sites' like TrueCar and KBB for fair pricing. Splitting hairs over a grand here and there doesn't save you more than 5-10 bucks a month, and if that amount of money is a problem then you should probably look at a 3 or a Civic...

I got 2.9% for 72 months, and payments are the same as was what I was paying on my trade (2012 GMC Terrain SLE-1 base) which had substantially fewer features. I'd had the Terrain financed with my ex-wife, and the salesman actually hopped into his ride during lunchtime to track her down to sign the release papers. Impressive footwork there. HAHA

Major things I like so far (aside from the killer features) are things like lack of bucking. When you take an bump during a turn, the vehicle does not rock violently side-to-side. Same can't be said for the Terrain. Blind spot monitoring is great, too.

Hello everyone!

Just purchased a 2014 Meteor Grey Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD with no additional packages in Nashville, TN for $24,000 (before ttl) with .9% financing for 60 months.

That's part of the info they sent me : I got couple quotes from Texas which is not a bad drive just waiting for the detailed quotes and then go from there and see the lowest price before the fees are added.One of the quote in TX was for 20,685 before fees and TTL then 22,365 OTD . Waiting for the detailed quote on that.
2014 Mazda CX-5 Oklahoma City, OK
MSRP $22,190
Discount $691
Our Price $21,499
Color:Gray
Engine:2.0L 4 cyls
Transmission:Manual 6-Speed
Odometer:2 mi.
Body Style:FWD SUV (4 Door)
As Low As 0.9% APR

Here is what I got last month:

2014 Mazda CX-5 sport manual transmission
Color (Exterior/Interior) METEOR GRAY MICA /BLACK
Option Group CE1 - ULEV EMISSIONS EQUIPMENT - Emission California
Port Installed Accessories
FLM - CARPET FLOOR MATS
RBG - REAR BUMPER GUARD
RCK - ROOF RACK
WLK - WHEEL LOCKS
Total MSRP $22,395.00
Invoice $21,708.00
Advertised ePrice: $20,708.00

I am now paying $299.30 + tax for 36 months lease... This is my first Mazda so I am not sure how reliable it is, and that's why I got a lease to try before I buy. Hope this is helpful for you to compare.

Here is what I got last month:

2014 Mazda CX-5 sport manual transmission
Color (Exterior/Interior) METEOR GRAY MICA /BLACK
Option Group CE1 - ULEV EMISSIONS EQUIPMENT - Emission California
Port Installed Accessories
FLM - CARPET FLOOR MATS
RBG - REAR BUMPER GUARD
RCK - ROOF RACK
WLK - WHEEL LOCKS
Total MSRP $22,395.00
Invoice $21,708.00
Advertised ePrice: $20,708.00

I am now paying $299.30 + tax for 36 months lease... This is my first Mazda so I am not sure how reliable it is, and that's why I got a lease to try before I buy. Hope this is helpful for you to compare.

Thank you for the info it is much appreciated . They've quoted me at 21,200 and 22,199 OTD . I am planning on keeping the car for the long haul. Being a musician I need something good on gas and with enough room to carry my equipment . I know the car has fog lights, and all weather mats as part of that price because i called to double check that the pictures were accurate and the VIN was the same as the one I received.

I will be trading in my VW so we'll see how much I can get for that.

Hello everyone!

Just purchased a 2014 Meteor Grey Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD with no additional packages in Nashville, TN for $24,000 (before ttl) with .9% financing for 60 months.

I just got the exact same model/color/price/financing in Huntsville, AL. Can't wait to pick it up in 1.5 hrs!!!

$24,360 before tax and all the other good stuff
2014 Meteor Grey Touring with roof rack (no GPS or sunroof/tech package).
Ordered the cargo all weather mat from amazon. Splash guards will be next.

2015s are out now. i'm being told 1000 off MSRP in my area for a GT AWD. i would need about a 5000 discount to consider a 2014 model.

Hi new here.
Been quote 2015 touring AWD with both moon roof+tech packages with invoice
MSRP: $30,090
Invoice: $28,964
Internet Sale Price: $28,964 +DMV

what is reasonable price?

It's been 26.5 hours (or so), did you pick up the new CX-5?

Yep, and it's awesome. I've only driven it home yesterday and to work today but so far I'm really liking the driving experience. Can't wait to make a long road trip to really stretch its legs.

Back