What did you pay for your CX-5?

Easier to deal without a trade. If a trade is negotiated, this can complicate things. They gave me 22500 for my '13 CX5 GT and it is on the lot for 25995.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently bought a 2016 CX5 AWD Touring no extras for $26,000.00 and with taxes, title and tags, it was $27,100. I live in virginia. Is this a good deal? Just curious. I checked true car, edmunds, etc... It looks good

Hi Newmazdaguy- I responded in the other thread as well. I paid almost exactly what you paid for my 2016 AWD Touring - $27,050, total including everything.

Last edited:
I purchased The 2106 AWD touring for 24,995 Plus taxes and fees. I did not even negotiate that price. I received and email from the dealer that they saw my request on Edmunds. 2 minutes later they sent an email asking me to call. The 2 minutes later that made that offer. I only added Masda OEM remote start for additional $399.
Admin fees $75
License/title $75
other fee(wtf fee) $10
tire/battery fee $12.50
sales/use tax $1,120.76
TOTAL fees $1,293.26
Remote start $399
So OTD on 2016 CX-5 AWD touring with remote start $26,687.26

I would like to know how much anyone paid for a 2016 CX5 GT AWD with both tec and active sense packages. The MSRP is $33,555

The $33,555 includes the 200 extra for the Pearl White paint.

New CX-5 GT owner reporting from TX!!! I bought a 2016 CX-5 GT (Titanium Flash) last week. Price was negotiated down to 27,500 and that included tints, wheel locks and the so called "Paint Protection. Taxes and fees were $2,193, for a total out the door price of $29,693.

I'm curious to see if I got a good deal or if that's close to what people is paying...

Does anyone know the invoice prices for the CX 5's?

New CX-5 GT owner reporting from TX!!! I bought a 2016 CX-5 GT (Titanium Flash) last week. Price was negotiated down to 27,500 and that included tints, wheel locks and the so called "Paint Protection. Taxes and fees were $2,193, for a total out the door price of $29,693.
I'm curious to see if I got a good deal or if that's close to what people is paying...
A friend of mine got a 2016 CX-5 GT FWD with Tech Package for $27,500 before TTL including Dallas Auto Show $500 Cash Back and Mazda Owner Loyalty $500 Bonus back in April.

I just bought a CX-5 front wheel drive Touring with the soul red metallic paint, but no other options, for $24,498 + TTL. MSRP on that configuration is $26,395. This is a few hundred dollars cheaper than I'd expected to pay, based on Edmunds and Truecar price estimates. To get this price, we had to take a loan from Chase and hold it for at least three months, which gave us an extra $500 discount vs the price without taking a loan. Interest rate on the loan is 3.99%, but we plan to pay it off completely after three months.

CX-5 FWD Touring, soul red metallic - $24,498
document processing - $80
electronic vehicle registration - $20.50
California sales tax - $2212.02
vehicle license fee - $159
registration fee - $110
California tire fee - $8.75
Total price - $27,088.27

The car was purchased from Putnam Mazda in Burlingame, CA.

I would like to know how much anyone paid for a 2016 CX5 GT AWD with both tec and active sense packages. The MSRP is $33,555

I'm in the process of getting quotes for exactly the same configuration (both Technology and I-Activesense packages), except in Soul Red. The best I've come up with (so far) is $1332 under MSRP (which is $140 under invoice). That does NOT include any rebates or discounts. I would qualify for a $500 owner loyalty rebate and would probably take the $500 rebate for financing with Mazda Capital Services (and then pay it off in 3 months like others have done on the forum).

So I'm puzzled by people claiming to get $2000 off MSRP on the CX-5's -- does that include the $500 financing rebate? If not, I'm not evening coming close...

I would qualify for a $500 owner loyalty rebate and would probably take the $500 rebate for financing with Mazda Capital Services (and then pay it off in 3 months like others have done on the forum).

Good luck with that. You might want to first check with the dealer if you can use both promotions at the same time; when I got my 2016 CX-5 they had the Chase customer rebate if you financed the car, and the rules basically said that you could not combine it with the loyalty rebate. Pissed me off, but what are you going to do...?

I did check with several dealers and they do honor both rebates. To clarify, this is the rebate for taking the standard rate financing from Chase instead of paying all cash or the 0.9% low interest financing. It's a $10,000 minimum loan and you can pay it off with no prepayment penalty, just some small administrative charges. The other rebate is if you're a Chase customer but I didn't ask about that because I'm not a Chase customer ;)

I did check with several dealers and they do honor both rebates. To clarify, this is the rebate for taking the standard rate financing from Chase instead of paying all cash or the 0.9% low interest financing. It's a $10,000 minimum loan and you can pay it off with no prepayment penalty, just some small administrative charges. The other rebate is if you're a Chase customer but I didn't ask about that because I'm not a Chase customer ;)

I can confirm that as well. Though the guy did have to make a call and ask whether i could combine those 2 incentives.
Just got my 2016 CX5 Sport with backup camera package and a few small accessories this past weekend, for 24200, that's with the 500 Chase Rebate and 500 for financing. I put down 15k, and financed the rest. They charged me 200 for processing fee though, I don't know if that's just for financing, if it is then financing might not be worth it.

I'm in the process of getting quotes for exactly the same configuration (both Technology and I-Activesense packages), except in Soul Red. The best I've come up with (so far) is $1332 under MSRP (which is $140 under invoice). That does NOT include any rebates or discounts. I would qualify for a $500 owner loyalty rebate and would probably take the $500 rebate for financing with Mazda Capital Services (and then pay it off in 3 months like others have done on the forum).

So I'm puzzled by people claiming to get $2000 off MSRP on the CX-5's -- does that include the $500 financing rebate? If not, I'm not evening coming close...

Did you confirm that your quotes DO NOT include the $500 rebate for financing through Mazda? When we were shopping, i reached out to 10 dealers, and all of them had this $500 included in the quote. Some mentioned it, and others did not. It's better to know now than to be surprised at the dealer.

Did you confirm that your quotes DO NOT include the $500 rebate for financing through Mazda? When we were shopping, i reached out to 10 dealers, and all of them had this $500 included in the quote. Some mentioned it, and others did not. It's better to know now than to be surprised at the dealer.

Absolutely, I've been very careful about making sure I compare apples-to-apples prices between dealers. You always need to know exactly what they're including, they'll usually throw in every rebate possible into their quoted price to make it look good ;)

Hey all,
New CX5 owner here.

What I bought:
- 2016 CX5 Grand Touring AWD in Deep Crystal Blue
- Grand Touring Tech Package
- Roof Rack
- Retractable Cargo Cover
MSRP: $32,330, Negotiated Price: $28,868

I traded in a Kia (value equal to amount owed) and received a $1000 Madza Kia trade-in credit.
OTD Price (Negotiated Price + Taxes/Titles/Etc - $1000 Rebate): $30,309

I think I got a pretty good deal. Maybe not? lol

Basically what I did was shoot an email out to the dealers mentioning that I was already pre-approved, and looking to purchase a car in the next 3 days (it being the end of the month may have helped as well.) I requested that each send me their lowest price (vehicle and approx. OTD pricing) for what I wanted. I then took the lowest estimate, and bounced it around to the others to see if they could beat it (the lowest I could negotiate for the vehicle alone was $30,200.) I then went to the lowest one (in person), and asked to get the OTD pricing. They first quoted me about $32,500, which to be honest, I was willing to pay. I told them I had to think about it, and compare it with other dealers before I could commit. To get the sale, they lowered it another $1500. I told them I would do it, as long as they matched my CarMax appraisal for the Kia (which covered how much I owed) and get the Mazda Kia-trade in rebate. They said sure.

Last edited:
Seems like you did well. A colleague of mine always uses Car Max appraisals for his dealership business, since nearly any dealership will match their appraisal.

He's in and out of cars like crazy though. Seems to work well for him!

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm looking at the CX-5 GT with the tech package for around 28,000-28,500. I don't currently qualify for any of the promotions they have going on, so I won't get any help there.

I went today and got the following offer:

Car: $29,502
Doc Fee: $599
Registration Fee: $190 to transfer my plate (not sure if this is something that can be negotiated)
Other Fee: $5.50
Waste Tire Management Fee: $5.00

Don't know what those last two are, but they're minor compared to the other stuff.

I said I would do the deal today at $28,500, but they declined. I've got some time on this, so I'm contacting other dealers and waiting to see if they have any better promotions (4th of July, August sales, etc).

What do you guys think? Is my price (28-28.5) realistic? I've seen a few people on here who have gotten in that range. I also have another dealer TrueCar quote for about $200 less, so I know I can get it a bit cheaper than the current offer without having to negotiate further.

Back