What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just sealed the deal for a 2016 Sport FWD w/back up camera package and auto start for $22,750 that is not including tax and DMV. I had a trade in for $10K so that will save me $850 in tax.

Just curious as to why I haven't see anyone mention the o.9% being offered right now? Does it require too much (or maybe its something just in my area?). Has anyone from the PA area bought one recently?

"Has anyone from the PA area bought one recently?"
Me, last week. 2016 GT AWD with Tech Package.

I didn't take the 0.9% loan because I preferred the $500 rebate from Chase Mazda, and I'll pay off the loan as soon as I receive the info from Chase.

Last edited:
(I don't know why people add so much garbage to their pricing quote, here's my simple version and to the point)

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Pearl White (NO TECH/I-ACTIVE PACKAGES) with roof rails for $27,575 in northern California.

I had to do financing through Mazda/Chase which I paid the car off entirely for the cost of $65 interest after a few weeks of getting it, and the $500 rebate from Chase for that price.

I think the fine print says for the 0.9% offer, you have to pay $28.50 per every $1000 you borrow on top of it per month.

I think the fine print says for the 0.9% offer, you have to pay $28.50 per every $1000 you borrow on top of it per month.

Here is what the website says
0.9% APR ONLY FOR WELL QUALIFIED BUYERS WHEN FINANCED THROUGH PARTICIPATING LENDER; NOT ALL BUYERS WILL QUALIFY. AMOUNT OF DOWN PAYMENT AND OTHER FACTORS MAY AFFECT QUALIFICATION. 36 MONTHS AT $28.16 PER MONTH PER $1,000 FINANCED WITH $0 DOWN AT PARTICIPATING DEALER. Loan origination fees may apply. Must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 8/31/2015. See dealer for complete details.

36 x $28.16=$1,013.76

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD with Tech and i-ACTIVSENSE packages. The color is Crystal White Pearl. I paid $30,785 + taxes and fees. I also added a 10 year warranty, a roof rack with crossbars, tire locks, cargo cover, all-weather mats, rear bumper/door sill plates, and a cargo tray. The price required me to do financing, but I'll pay it all off immediately. Accessories were provided and installed at without markup.

2016 GT w/tech and crystal white paint >>

Window Sticker said $32,055

Car - $30,999
Tax - $1,830 (I had a trade in which they gave me $10,500 for - all other dealers (6 of them) offered $9,000 max)
Tire waste - $12.50
DMV - $91
DOC - $75

That's all she wrote.

which dealer in New York?

2016 GT w/tech and crystal white paint >>

Window Sticker said $32,055

Car - $30,999
Tax - $1,830 (I had a trade in which they gave me $10,500 for - all other dealers (6 of them) offered $9,000 max)
Tire waste - $12.50
DMV - $91
DOC - $75

That's all she wrote.

Which dealer did you purchase from?

Compass Motors in Middletown, NY

Great people there.

Your tax will be higher because of my trade in. Unless you have one too.

Very good looking and driving car. We are down to deciding between CX5 (GT with both packages) or a used, really good condition X3. Much tougher decision than I thought it would be. Mazda will cost more, BMW is more solid, both are quite fun to drive.

Wondering what you all think a really good price would be for a loaded CX5 GT with both options...Any chance of getting to $30k now, or do I have to wait? Local Mazda dealer group has 40+ new ones in stock at the moment.

I personally don't believe you will get to 30K on an all option GT. Again, IMO.

On the X3 - I bought a 2015 X3 (new) in March of 2015 and sold it in May with 1100 miles on it. I didn't like it at all. Before the X3 I had a Mercedes GLK. The X3 felt heavy, wasn't as polished as the CX and IMO didn't have that luxury feel I wanted. The X3 even though new felt like it still had that 1990's feel. Maybe because of the gauges and technology layout.

Then there was the feeling - will I really get 200,000 trouble free miles out of it like a Japanese car? I reached out to 4 friends and they basically told me "I expect to have at least 1 $1000 repair a year and budget for it."

Went for the Mazda...which is C&D #1 rated CUV among 16 others.

Best of luck with your choice....all of the above is my opinion and firmly believe that people should buy what makes the best sense for them and buy something that MOVES you.

When I get into the CX5 it really makes me smile. Makes me feel like luxury. Makes me feel good :)

Again....best of luck with your decision.

Dave

Thanks. I would prefer the mazda, then the question becomes $$....new one maybe $30.5k plus taxes, or maybe a used 15 for $25-26k...If we go used, that means no sensor package as it is only offered on the 16's, and I guess there are some other more minor changes like a bigger screen, etc. We are still mulling this over....I appreciate all the input.

Glad I could offer some opinion. The front grill on the 2016's is different too. Nicer IMO too.

Any questions....just post em' up.

Thanks. I would prefer the mazda, then the question becomes $$....new one maybe $30.5k plus taxes, or maybe a used 15 for $25-26k...If we go used, that means no sensor package as it is only offered on the 16's, and I guess there are some other more minor changes like a bigger screen, etc. We are still mulling this over....I appreciate all the input.

you should consider a GT w/tech and without the i-ACTIVEsense package if you can do without those bells and whistles. you will still get Rear-Cross Traffic Alert, BSM, and Smart City Brake Support (for speeds <20mph), but you will lose lane-departure warning, SBS (for >20mph speeds), and Adaptive Cruise Control. or drop the AWD to FWD (which to me in SF Bay area doesn't seem necessary to get AWD).

you should consider a GT w/tech and without the i-ACTIVEsense package if you can do without those bells and whistles. you will still get Rear-Cross Traffic Alert, BSM, and Smart City Brake Support (for speeds <20mph), but you will lose lane-departure warning, SBS (for >20mph speeds), and Adaptive Cruise Control. or drop the AWD to FWD (which to me in SF Bay area doesn't seem necessary to get AWD).

Now those are some great points. Nothing in the i-ACT package was anything that I wanted so I just got the GT w/tech. Also...great point on the AWD.

Not only don't you need it in SF - you gain a couple MPG's with FWD only :)

I'm in the bay area as well, and we head up to the mtns a lot, and as a mtn biker I wouldn't also mind having the better traction in case I get stuck in mud or something on a bad road....So AWD only, have to mull over the sensor package. I am pretty sure the tech package only GT has the lane warnings. Both cars we drove had it, and neither had the sensor pack. One of them didn't have tech pack either. Both had the yellow lights in the mirrors and a beeper when a car was within a few car lengths on either side. Maybe that's not lane departure, but something else...and this feature seemed really useful to me.

One other question on 15 vs 16...I know the screen is a bit bigger, but otherwise is the nav system itself and audio the same? Sounds funny these days with google maps on phones winning the day, but I really liked the nav on the 16 we drove, very informative.

I'm in the bay area as well, and we head up to the mtns a lot, and as a mtn biker I wouldn't also mind having the better traction in case I get stuck in mud or something on a bad road....So AWD only, have to mull over the sensor package. I am pretty sure the tech package only GT has the lane warnings. Both cars we drove had it, and neither had the sensor pack. One of them didn't have tech pack either. Both had the yellow lights in the mirrors and a beeper when a car was within a few car lengths on either side. Maybe that's not lane departure, but something else...and this feature seemed really useful to me.

One other question on 15 vs 16...I know the screen is a bit bigger, but otherwise is the nav system itself and audio the same? Sounds funny these days with google maps on phones winning the day, but I really liked the nav on the 16 we drove, very informative.

You are talking about BSM (blind spot monitoring) and yes, the GT/Tech has that. lane departure is when you fall asleep at the wheel and start drifting into the next lane and need the car to wake you up with beeping or shaking.

i like the 16 screen (7"). it is a touchscreen and the nav is new (NAVTEQ vs. '15 unit as TomTom). i personally like the Navteq, but i am starting to think everyone has their own expectations. one issue is that it does NOT have real-time traffic overlay on the map.....you will need to rely on your iphone/android GPS for that. i use the Waze app on my android phone, but i like the Navteq to see the roads better on the bigger screen plus there is no easy way to display/stand your smartphone in the console area without an aftermarket solution.

Latest posts

Back