What did you pay for your CX-5?

So, one can take he $500 discount by accepting the financing, then pay the entire loan off with no prepayment penalty? Assume a $16,000 loan with current offer of %.9 . To pay entire loan off would be $16,144
$500-$144=$356. So do we actually only realize a benefit of $356? Are there any application fees for applying for the credit that would also detract from that $500?

It is either $500 OR 0.9% financing, you can't have both. And I tried! Not a single dealer budged on this.

I took the $500 plus I got another $500 for being a current Chase customer (my mortgage is through them). Had no issues combining for a total of $1000.

Correct. I was happy when I got the email alerting me to the Chase customer rebate -- until I was told that you basically cannot combine it with any other rebate you get, like the Mazda loyalty rebate. I don't want to call it bait-n-switch, but it's at least misleading advertising...

this doesn't sound right...my dealer gave me $500 for turning down the 0.9% financing AND the $500 from chase. I got $1000 total cash back in all.

My Mazda 2016 GT. sticker was 33,555. I got 21,200 trade for my 2013 Mazda GT. With other discounts, I paid out 11,515.33.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Mazda 2016 GT. sticker was 33,555. I got 21,200 trade for my 2013 Mazda GT. With other discounts, I paid out 11,515.33.

So you paid 32715 plus tax title and fees? Or you mean out the door?

I paid 11,515.33 out the door. My son worked for Mazda in Irvine, CA , so I got a supplier discount which means invoice minus loyalty discount also.

With your trade that only represents $640 below sticker (21.2 + 11.5). I'm not trying to be rude, but this seems high. I managed $2400 below sticker and I did not qualify for any loyalty discounts.

With your trade that only represents $640 below sticker (21.2 + 11.5). I'm not trying to be rude, but this seems high. I managed $2400 below sticker and I did not qualify for any loyalty discounts.

Actually if he paid OTD, that INCLUDES TTL so he got a much better deal than you think. Assuming he is really from PA and use 6% sales tax, that means he paid 30863 still including Title/License (doc fees) which means he paid even less. it seems to me, he got at least 3000 off MSRP.

Actually if he paid OTD, that INCLUDES TTL so he got a much better deal than you think. Assuming he is really from PA and use 6% sales tax, that means he paid 30863 still including Title/License (doc fees) which means he paid even less. it seems to me, he got at least 3000 off MSRP.

I see. You are correct. This represents a good deal.

Also the dealer deducted 800 because it needed new tires. There are many other factors like extra 200 for the white pearl paint and other factors. Nobody really knows what the actual invoice is except the dealer.

I am from PA and the 6% tax was 639.78.

I am from PA and the 6% tax was 639.78.

oh so you only had to pay sales tax on the difference between the new car and the trade-in? so then you really paid 32.6k (21.2 + 10.8 = 32.0k + 0.6 sales tax). hmmm...if that includes a deduction for new tires then i'm not so sure that was the best deal you could get in this environment. what options did you get?

Every option available. Tech and active sense option was over 3000. I really got a good deal in my opinion.

Another thing, my CX5 GT with the two option packages was very hard to find. Had to go to the port in NJ to find one. This is back in April. This is my 2nd cx5 after my cx7.

The combination or White Pearl and White Parchment leather was a hard to get combination. I did not want to settle for what was on the lot.

yeah, not bad....i too would pay to make sure i got the combination of features i wanted. in this case, you still got a decent discount on top of that.

I recently bought a 2016 Soul Red Grand Touring AWD with tech package, all weather mats, wheel locks, and rear bumper guard (MSRP $32410). I negotiated the price to $30K and added in roof rack for $399 (including installation), so final price was $30399+TTL. I'm very happy with this car so far!

Just test drove a CX5 GT awd and a 6GT (pearl white with the anthracite(?) wheels (naughty) ) but haven't started in with the negotiations yet, as we're not sure which way to go. Our 2012 5 was totaled a couple weeks ago, and I was disappointed to find out that the red-headed stepchild of the Mazda line has not only been ignored for updates, but will not be sold in the US after this year. I would have bought one already if it had the new 2.5 and 6 speed, but whatever.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is our dealer (CJ Wilson) is offering 0% for 72 months. This is nice if you keep your cars that long, or you don't have much to put down. I'm always happy to use someone else's money and invest mine somewhere positive.

0% is awesome for 72 months! I'm pretty much waiting for that to purchase my cx5. Good to know it happens! Is that a Mazda thing or dealer specific?

I recently bought a 2016 CX5 AWD Touring no extras for $26,000.00 and with taxes, title and tags, it was $27,100. I live in virginia. Is this a good deal? Just curious. I checked true car, edmunds, etc... It looks good

Back