Watch the live stream from the 2018 NY Auto Show - Mazda

New hashtag or as the marketing guy said, a new brand truth...

FEEL ALIVE

I like it... now let me make a video of my speed3 going WOT and going through the gears, then share it online with the hashtag, #FeelAlive LOL

There was no mentione of Apple CarPlay being available for 2017 models (retroactive), only for 2018+ models. Did I understand that right?

All coming when the CX-5 diesel arrives. What a fricken joke. That was their big news? They sent like 5 e-mails for that!

Besides the Apple Carplay, Android Auto news, Mazda is teaming up with Amazon to increase its brand loyalty and connections with its fans.

C'mon guys, with the amount of complaints on this forum about the lack of Carplay and Android Auto, I would consider that a big reveal. That said, it stinks that it is only 2018+ models, but that is life. You can have anything you want, but you cannot get everything you want.

#LetDown
I get that AA/CP is a big deal to many but that's not really THAT BIG of a deal to most.
no SkyActiv Diesel.
no updates on the Mazda 3?

Just a new CX-3? (which no one will buy?)

#LetDown
I get that AA/CP is a big deal to many but that's not really THAT BIG of a deal to most.
no SkyActiv Diesel.

its a free feature that was added to your car. how often does that happen?

#LetDown
no SkyActiv Diesel.

The 3 was updated late last year (minor changes) if memory serves.

Last edited:
All coming when the CX-5 diesel arrives. What a fricken joke. That was their big news? They sent like 5 e-mails for that!

All those emails was the point. They're reaching out to their "fans". They're improvinig their marketing.
Gives new meaning to the term "nothingburger".

During the press conference, Mazda also announced the addition of Apple CarPlay™ and Android™ Auto support to its vehicle line-up. In Canada, these mobile device connectivity technologies will first be offered in the 2019 CX‑9 launching this summer, and then rolled out across the entire model line-up thereafter. In addition, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available as a Genuine Mazda Accessory retrofit for MAZDA CONNECT systems starting this fall.

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ny-auto-show/

Here's some more info on AA/ACP that I posted in the dedicated thread:

"During the press conference, Mazda also announced the addition of Apple CarPlay™ and Android™ Auto support to its vehicle line-up. In Canada, these mobile device connectivity technologies will first be offered in the 2019 CX‑9 launching this summer, and then rolled out across the entire model line-up thereafter. In addition, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available as a Genuine Mazda Accessory retrofit for MAZDA CONNECT systems starting this fall."

Edit: Beaten in this thread but not in the dedicated one!

Back