Watch the live stream from the 2018 NY Auto Show - Mazda

So went to the MazdaUSA website, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on the Mazda Blog link which goes to a tumblr site. Except it's been hacked. Whoops! Anyone here with an inside contact mind giving them a poke about this. They'll be getting folks looking for info after the announcement and that just doesn't look good.

So went to the MazdaUSA website, scrolled to the bottom and clicked on the Mazda Blog link which goes to a tumblr site. Except it's been hacked. Whoops! Anyone here with an inside contact mind giving them a poke about this. They'll be getting folks looking for info after the announcement and that just doesn't look good.

If you find a contact info then please post it. I would like to reach out to them as well.

All those emails was the point. They're reaching out to their "fans". They're improvinig their marketing.
Gives new meaning to the term "nothingburger".

If I didn't promise my son we'd go I'd boycott the show based on that- seriously what a dud! But there are some interesting things from OTHER brands I'd like to see..G70, Rav4(surprisingly), RDX, Santa Fe, etc

Last edited:
That's the best news I could have hoped for other than the diesel is released and they'll give full MSRP trade in for 2018 2.5g cars, since I've already bought a 2018 CX-5.

I'm psyched if I'll be getting Google maps with my Android phone stowed. If the project google maps navi info on the heads up display, I'll be giddy.

During the press conference, Mazda also announced the addition of Apple CarPlay™ and Android™ Auto support to its vehicle line-up. In Canada, these mobile device connectivity technologies will first be offered in the 2019 CX‑9 launching this summer, and then rolled out across the entire model line-up thereafter. In addition, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available as a Genuine Mazda Accessory retrofit for MAZDA CONNECT systems starting this fall.

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ny-auto-show/

Wonder what the cost on that will be....

I think BMW charged $300 or an $80 annual fee. I expect Mazda to do something similar.

They used to charge $300 for CarPlay. They will now charge $80 a year. Supposedly to make it cheaper for leases. It's basically price-gouging, as the car HAS support for it already.

Mazda's fee feels different to me as it's for hardware and/or software upgrades for cars that did not initially offer support.

CX-5 one of the finalists for world car of the year. Wow that's amazing. Good going Zamda!

Rav4 stole the show, Ill give rdx an honorable mention..wife is going to want it..dammit but it does look good finally

#LetDown
I get that AA/CP is a big deal to many but that's not really THAT BIG of a deal to most.
no SkyActiv Diesel.
no updates on the Mazda 3?

Just a new CX-3? (which no one will buy?)

honestly... if I could afford I wouldn't mind having an AWD cx-3. The denso ecu is ecutek tunable for boost and the 2.0 engine sky-g is already proven a 300hp unopened engine with boost.

Rav4 stole the show, Ill give rdx an honorable mention..wife is going to want it..dammit but it does look good finally

Yep. My CX5 is done as soon as CPO RAV4's show up on lots, should I still be in the CUV market and not moved on. More power. 8-speed auto. Rugged vs. Cutesy looks. Dynamic torque vectoring that is better than the Mazda system, which has actually done decent. And most of all, it's a Toyota.

It's as though someone took a CX5, fixed all my niggles, and dressed it up as a mini-SUV instead of as a macro-car.

I was on the fence about "what will I do when I near 100K miles?" because that's when cars tend t o fall off a cliff in value, so my dealer said (true or not, it's a mental sticking point, and the point when my warranty runs out). If I haven't gotten back into a sports car, and the RAV4 doesn't develop a fatal flaw by then...

Last edited:
The new Rav4 kind of looks like a Chevy Equinox to me. Interior looks nice with a big infotainment screen on the dash. Has a little more off road look to it.
1522230882536.jpg

1522261664180.jpg

We'll see how it drives but I like what I see..and Alexa start my car..yes pls. That damn manual shift orientation is one thing that's sure to annoy me but looks like a winner to me.

Back