Vibrating driver side mirror?

I have a 2010, the drive's outside mirror vibrates. It's kind of suck, finding out that this issue lingers for 2 years and still no solution. passenger side is perfect, no vibration.

I even notice that 2010's driver side mirror has slight shaking too.

Yeah, it's one of Mazda's more "endearing" qualities.

S***, I had the driver side mirror replaced a while back (after a two month backorder), and the replacement is no better than the original.

I'm willing to try the "remove, grease, and replace" method. Can somebody post how to remove the glass portion of the unit without cracking it?

I just picked up a used O8 and noticed this the other night. I was thinking of a sliver of foam stuffed in the back. Yea it may drip water after a ran for a bit but should dry out quick. I will give it a try.

For me, the driver's side mirror seems to vibrate a bit more than my other vehicles, but not enough to annoy me.

My only complaint is something loose clanking inside the passenger side door that has been looked at 3 or 4 times now and they can't seem to find. The first time, the entire actuator fell of its mount and they remounted and apparently added more foam insulation.

Something continues to bang lightly as I drive over bumpy roads....annoys the hell out of me....especially now that it's out of warranty.

I just got a 2010 CX-9 and the driver side mirror vibrates slightly too. I know its a real problem because I had an Accord before whose left mirror was replaced. The replacement mirror had the same vibration problem. I had that mirror replaced and it fixed the problem.
I think its due to not enough of that sticky damping grease inside the ball joint behind the mirror. Its the same kind of grease used inside camera lenses to make them glide smoothly.

Yes, that's how to remove the glass part from the assembly, but proceed at your own risk.

I have a minor shake on the drivers side, but my passenger side mirror is rock solid, no shake.

I'm glad I found this thread. I have a Feb 2011 build and my driver side mirror vibrates at speeds greater than 45mph. It's annoying and distracting. The dealer is aware of the issue and told me to make an appt if it is too bothersome.

So what is the consensus so far for those who have had the foam installed? Is the grease method any more effective? Thanks a lot guys.

UPDATE!!!

I had the "mirror kit" installed by the dealer and it made NO difference. Mine is still shaking from 30mph on. It's really bad at highway speeds. From all the posts here, it looks like Dynomat is the only solution. I wonder if my mirror is actually defective.

Have you tried putting heavy grease behind the glass?
The glass is very easy to take out and put back in.

Push outside inwards all the way. Slide glass out from inner side (carefully disconnect connectors while sliding it out).
Reverse the process putting it back in.
Send me a PM with a valid e-mail. I can send you a page from the WorkShop manual.
It is really not that tough to do.

Push outside inwards all the way. Slide glass out from inner side (carefully disconnect connectors while sliding it out).
Reverse the process putting it back in.
Send me a PM with a valid e-mail. I can send you a page from the WorkShop manual.
It is really not that tough to do.

Thanks so much, Ceric. I appreciate your help. PM sent.

Back