trading up?

castner

:
2008 mazdaspeed 3 sport
right now i have a black mica 2005 mz3 hatch and i think i need some more pep and love the body accents and agressive state of the ms3. im 17 and i have a job year round so i can pay for it in the near future with a trade in of course. do you guys recommend this and are there any issues im going to have with the switch? i mean besides the fact that i may pass out when i hear the turbo and crash (burnout)

Is your job going to be consistent for the next 3-5 years? Are you planning on going to college? Will you be taking loans to pay for college? If you can truly afford it, go for it. Just know that the mod bug might bite really quickly :D

it already has with my current car haha. but ive realized that im not gonna be able to achieve what i want with the mz3. im thinking either speed3 or a miata either turbo or supercharged

A lot of times you can afford to purchase a car but you can't afford to own it, might think long and hard, parts for these cars ,especially electronic parts are not cheap and neither is the labor and with miles they will come.

A lot of times you can afford to purchase a car but you can't afford to own it, might think long and hard, parts for these cars ,especially electronic parts are not cheap and neither is the labor and with miles they will come.

and insurance (for a 17 year old male can't be cheap) and premium gas and, and, and....

i can pay for the car and gas and my parents pay insurance. yes yes cut to your hearts content that mommy pays my insurance but im not going to stop her (shady) also i am looking for a second job on top of my current which pays quite well considering im a teenager so a $3000ish loan wont be that bad to pay off

also one of the big pluses to doing this in my and my parents eyes is the fact that it builds credit

If your loan is going to end up at only $3000 and you can truly afford it, go for it. It will definitely build credit and help out that way. You already know a good amount about the general platform after owning the 3 so you have a leg up there. Out of curiosity, have you done your research on the MS3?

Back