Traded in my MY15 for an MY16 and ended up with a grand in my pocket...

Whoa, glad you're okay! I always find it heartwarming that people purposely choose the same car model even after insane car accidents like that... maybe it's just me. :) It definitely seems like the CX-5 held up well against turmoil like that - also, congrats on the new '16 (even if you had to go through a bad way to obtain one).

You wrote 16 gallons.
The CX-5 has a 14.5 gallon fuel tank.

Not to belabor the point, but I just got gas (was not entirely empty ;) )and this is what I squeezed in...

IMG_1972_1_.JPG

Not to belabor the point, but I just got gas (was not entirely empty ;) )and this is what I squeezed in...

15.489 gallons? That's pretty good. I assume you have an AWD with the 15.3 gal. tank?

What did your "Miles to empty" read?

Holy S*&t!!! Gas is $1.459 in Texas???

I think he was using his $1 a gallon off KROGER points....

Glad you are OK, and you made out OK too.

How do you like the changes in quietness, and interior changes between the two?

15.489 gallons? That's pretty good. I assume you have an AWD with the 15.3 gal. tank?

What did your "Miles to empty" read?

No, regular FWD. Allegedly the tank is 14.5 gallons big (or so they tell me in this thread). I guess I could/should check the manual, but you know how it is -- inertia rules. :)

Miles to Empty were about negative 10.

How do you like the changes in quietness, and interior changes between the two?

I really haven't driven the car enough to pass judgement. At this point it really doesn't quite feel "like home" yet, because I keep waiting for my dealer to call me to repair the infotainment system that they apparently screwed up 10 days ago when they tried to upgrade the system software. That wiped out all my favorites and system settings, and there really is no point in re-doing them until the system is fixed... But as I said earlier, the car feels "stronger" to my butt dyno, and the only thing that kind of bothers me right now is the reflection of the vent in the driver's window (a little distracting when you are looking at the outside mirror). I'm not sure yet that I like the new armrest/console, but I am sure it will grow on me.

What makes no sense to me is that they still lock you out of using the touchscreen when the car is in motion, but they do let you fiddle with the commander stick or whatever they call it. Because looking down at the controls is so much safer than glancing at a screen that is almost at windshield height... ;)

No, regular FWD. Allegedly the tank is 14.5 gallons big (or so they tell me in this thread). I guess I could/should check the manual, but you know how it is -- inertia rules. :)

I say let the facts rules (not inertia). Otherwise we see spectacles like anthropogenic global warming deniers. (drunk)
According to the 2016 Owner's manual, your tank is 14.8 gallons, not 14.5 gallons.

Miles to Empty were about negative 10.

Wow! My AWD tank is rated at 15.3 gallons but the most I've filled it with is around 13.5 or 13.6 gallons and that's after traveling well over 500 miles and having negative 20 mile to empty. But I never top off my fill-ups, I stop on the first auto shut-off.

I would be interested how many miles you get on that tank with so many gallons squeezed into. Because I would be concerned the station you fill up at calibrates the meter in their favor. I don't imagine Texas is big on regulating business or enforcing consumer protection! Did you know if everyone in the U.S. gave you just 0.10, you would have over 30 million dollars?

Last edited:
Back