Trade-in value blues

My Mazda experience was great, took about 2 hours since my wife wanted to drive the car real quick and it was late. Otherwise I negotiated price and terms over email, came in, applied for financing and signed the paperwork. The VW deal was negotiated in dealer and required my 3 year old (1 month old at the time) to explode out of her diaper to get the right terms since they were trying to dump them :D.

So far the trade has been the biggest pain.

Its not too bad, we owe $16,252 and trade-in was $15,500. Was hoping someone would beat them at $16k so I could just write a check to pay off the balance.

I have not. I'm going to hold off until there's a longer term 0% financing its still just 36 months on 2015s. Maybe next month it will be back to 60/72 months. It's nice to not have to be in a rush.

this made me (cryhard)

g'luck automotive editor guy. some dad at the preschool has one of these; feel bad for him.

I feel bad for all dad's. Life was more fun with women, before being a dad...

I feel especially bad for WA dad's, as laws there are horrendously skewed...in child support..alimony..etc..

Well, it's with sadness that I announce my departure from the Mazda5 family. I bought a Quest last week, and so the 5 must go.

Actually, I'm still in the family, because I decided to sell on my own. This time the dealer offered $11k (idhitit). In a week on the market, I've had two lowball offers. That's it. Not a popular car around these parts. Bad timing, too, with the holidays.

Last edited:
Back