thejeans 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

yeah im physically fine.

girl was sitting facing my lane of traffic waiting to turn onto a highway on ramp. she pulled out across my lane to turn onto the ramp, she claimed "she thought i was merging onto the ramp" (i had no turn signal on, and was already past the on ramp entrance for my traffic direction) so she "turned to the on ramp, then realized i was coming straight, panicked and braked." her exact words. so she was sitting broadside in my lane 50-60' in front of me going 35, i had enough time to curse, stand on the brakes and brace for impact.

stupid people are stupid. glad you're ok. hopefully, the car comes out for the better and you get it back quickly.

Yes really.

To keep my post on topic before aMaff goes on a rant; I hope she gets fixed up nice and pretty soon, MonkeyAss. Sucks you'll have to crack open the new headlight for paint all over again though. But glad you're okay.

Damn! Also glad you're okay. Wait a day or two for the final verdict on 'okay' though. Often pain will spike well after the event.

I second this! If you weren't checked out at the scene or went to the hospital that day, I'd still go anyway. Better to get checked and have any possible injuries documented than to wait it out thinking "I'll feel better tomorrow".

As for the female driver, I have to wonder if she was texting, tweeting, etc? Regardless, happy to hear that you walked away from it.

Damn! Also glad you're okay. Wait a day or two for the final verdict on 'okay' though. Often pain will spike well after the event.

Never is.

I second this! If you weren't checked out at the scene or went to the hospital that day, I'd still go anyway. Better to get checked and have any possible injuries documented than to wait it out thinking "I'll feel better tomorrow".

As for the female driver, I have to wonder if she was texting, tweeting, etc? Regardless, happy to hear that you walked away from it.

no i didnt get checked out at the scene, i had so much adrenaline pumping that i wouldn't have felt anything anyway. Ive been very cautious over the last few days and nothing feels out of sorts, no pain spikes, stiffness, soreness... nothing
she claims she thought we were merging onto the highway and pulled out, then realized we werent and panicked and braked but yeah i have no idea to be honest what actually happened.

Last edited:
Sounds like a naieve reaction to an honest mistake... this is why we have insurance, crumple zones, and seat-belts.

Tow truck came saturday and shes off to the body shop to get fixed

17493224476_ddc4b6682b_z.jpg

17333276719_048e281a2f_z.jpg

16899296463_c620ac6192_z.jpg

i hated that part of the accident, watching my baby getting towed away :( hopefully, she gets restored as good as new.

Do you know if all the performance stuff was spared from damage? The worst part of wrecking my old Protege was finding a shop willing to work with a modified car.

Do you know if all the performance stuff was spared from damage? The worst part of wrecking my old Protege was finding a shop willing to work with a modified car.

it looks like its mainly cosmetic. there wasnt much in the way aftermarket parts in the area of contact. the bodyshop i took it to is a friend of mine's. hes done amazing work on some badass muscle cars and has a couple incredibly fast/modded cars himself (building a 1000+hp twin turbo fox body, 2 srt4 neons that are stupid fast, the one has a parachute and ~700whp. i feel confident the car is in good hands

so im thinking since i have to have paint and body work done anyway, i found this spoiler and really like it... i know its a little over the top and maybe a little ricey, but im thnking getting it FRP and then painted to body color. i think it would look incredible and give it a bit more aggressive look, but want some other opinions... what do you guys think?

12984540005_c1c98426a9_s.jpg

Because it looks so big, I think painting it body color may look funny. Are than any other pics of different angles?

I like it. Have a pic of the front side? Is it more of an upright angle or more of a shallow swoop?

meh, i think its too big unless you have a monster front air dam to match and some 255 width wheels with monster flares. but, thats much further than i would take the car. i think the MSM would look good with the small factory side skirts and a simple ducktail trunk lid or spoiler.

meh, i think its too big unless you have a monster front air dam to match and some 255 width wheels with monster flares. but, thats much further than i would take the car. i think the MSM would look good with the small factory side skirts and a simple ducktail trunk lid or spoiler.

well the car will be getting 15x9s with 225-45-15 tires (widest i can go for a street legal tire in 15'') once its out of the body shop, and i have been giving thought to the Track Dog Racing front splitter as well.

Back