thejeans 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

I think it might look weird without the hard top and with the rest of the body being pretty much stock. It will end up dominating the appearance of the car.

I like it, but just not sure about having it painted body color. Trying to picture that one blue like the rest of the car and it just seem chunky.

I like it Levi but also not sure about it being body color. Get that front splitter, mount up the wide tires and paint it black to match the freshly painted headlights. Or go full carbon with matching front and rear MS lips, hood, windshield cowl and hard top...maybe he'll cut you a break on shipping? lol

I like it Levi but also not sure about it being body color. Get that front splitter, mount up the wide tires and paint it black to match the freshly painted headlights. Or go full carbon with matching front and rear MS lips, hood, windshield cowl and hard top...maybe he'll cut you a break on shipping? lol

im not baller enough to order the whole damn site LOL

Meh... looks stick-on, because it is. I wouldn't bother. Making a Miata looks aggressive is counter to its original styling and often looks forced.

In your place I wouldn't bother with a splitter and other sorts of aero mods unless you were actually racing it. Just more money spent on things that don't enhance your enjoyment of the car.

I'm sure there are things you could spend that money on that would result in a better/more fun car to drive.

Yay!!!! Did you work that wing into the estimate? ;)

nope didnt get the wing, but i did get the soft top drain area rust taken care of ;)

coils, wheels, tires and a few other goodies should be on the car in the next couple weeks (yippy)

Last edited:
Miata came home from the body shop yesterday. Its been an eventful 24 hours!
heater core under the dash blew out as i got the car home so i had ALOT of coolant to clean out of the drivers footwell. bypassed the heater core for now so i can still drive it this summer.
Tracked down a vacuum leak that helped idle, and the car seems to run a bit better now too!
Ordered tires for the Jongbloeds and got confirmation they shipped this morning, thinking i should have the new wheels and tires on the car tuesday or wednesday!
going to see my good friend Shawn Mellinger (darkcambria) next weekend and we will be installing Tein Super Streets, Mazdaspeed (Accessory) Rear Diff Mounts, and new rear brakes. some fun changes coming for the msm

18152242214_ef6a6e98a1_c.jpg

Installed my new (to me) 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse vents. work substantially better than the eyeball vents did, and IMO look a lot better as well

18805209886_9b1caf1f70_c.jpg

18834136111_4ccdc13be0_c.jpg

nope didnt get the wing, but i did get the soft top drain area rust taken care of ;)

coils, wheels, tires and a few other goodies should be on the car in the next couple weeks (yippy)

I'd take rust repair > wing any day!

Installed my new (to me) 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse vents. work substantially better than the eyeball vents did, and IMO look a lot better as well

Very nice, had my NB not been totaled, these were on my "to-do" list. All four of mine had the lazy-eye. lol

18704599879_80cdec117e_c.jpg

the tires came in the mail yesterday, dropped them off to get mounted and balanced with the jonglongdongs. Ill pick them up after work and get pics tonight after i get them put on the car

wheels are on! no major clearance issues, some rubbing at full lock but thats not the end of the world and can be fixed down the road pretty easily

Obligatory comparison pic of the wheels that were on and the wheels going on the car.
18283605043_346e97eb5f_z.jpg

18716603228_d1437c7da5_c.jpg

18716624678_994a093209_c.jpg

Last edited:
more goodies came in today! im pretty happy with it all. cleared up legroom and sits and feels a lot better than the stock location and stock wheel

19512436098_9d2daed01f_c.jpg

19077905754_2d1bbcdc77_c.jpg

19512482130_d5e0a6e360_c.jpg

19512483120_a7bf52c497_c.jpg

19693332772_1c914dca76_c.jpg

19513852249_e6ca271854_c.jpg

Last edited:
nothing amazing but installed Yellow Lamin-X foglight covers last night, ill try to get a better pic later today but until then, here they are...

20710457470_e2bd7a0998_c.jpg

20710550488_a8bd307f46_c.jpg

Installed my phone holder, put a new shift nob on and picked up 97 NA Door Cards, and snagged this seat. I plan to retrofit the door cards with some "custom" fabwork to the MSM, and the Seat will get reupholstered and made to look like new again.

21055742458_b30b43a293_c.jpg

Last edited:
planning a bunch of things for the miata this winter... should be fun!

NA door cards that i will retrofit onto the car.
going to move/relocate and add gauges.
planning the rebuild of the motor this winter with forged internals
want to track down another 6 speed as the previous owner broke 2nd gear and proceeded to swap an NA 5 speed into the car.
planning to order the NC Singular hood Vents and get those onto the hood
Vinyl wrapping the windshield frame Matte Black
while the motor is out, im planning to paint the engine bay Matte black, and clean up alot of the wires/hoses (partial wire tuck)
had the heatercore blow out on me and would like to replace that. while i have the entire interior ripped out ill look to shed a bit of weight where i can and probably do a bit of heat control around the drivers footwell
gotta bake open and repaint the headlight since one got trashed from the accident.
Install my vented wing windows
also trading my "custom" 3" straight piped exhaust for the 3" FM exhaust. i want something a little less obnoxious and a buddy of mine wants something more obnoxious for his hill climb car.

Ill try my best to take pics while the whole thing goes down. Once its all broke in ill be making the trip in the spring to the eastern side of PA for Ken Hill to tune the car and of course Dyno sheets will follow getting the tune

well the list of things to do grew this week.
got offered a hell of a deal on a FM cross flow rad, and airflow fan setup. got SS brake lines and hood props as well.
looks like im going to have to add the coolant reroute to maximize the upgrade

Back