The Official: "I got a ticket in my 3" thread...

they roll out in crews around here...its pretty funny sometimes, a bunch of fat cops on harleys pullin people over

Well i just got me a shitter of a ticket just now. 72 in a 35. No its not a crowded street, no children palying near it. Its 6 lanes wide of pure bliss and the sherrif caught me accelerating around another car. I was in 5th gear and he clocked me at 61, or so he says, but he put 72 on my tic. Well i guess its a mandatory court appearance, and he told me theyd probly take away my license. He said i was lucky he didnt tow my car, i said that what i get for watching my boost guage instead of the speed-o-meter.

Wish me luck cuz nurses dont get to work to well when they have to walk.

DAMN that sucks big balls, man!!! What a prick of a cop!! How can they justify putting 72 on your ticket when he only clocked you at 61???? Thats some bulls*** dude!!! Good luck fighting that, I really hope you dont get hit too hard with it - it would suck to not be able to drive the 3 for a while. :(:(

Radar detector's are good if they are tagging you or some one else in the area, but if they are pacing you, well you're kinda SOL.

No it was a radar tic. no pacing involved. And there was noone around me going near that speed so i get to suck it up and pay out. I cant wait to get this courtesy notice its gonna be a doosy.

Well i just got me a shitter of a ticket just now. 72 in a 35. No its not a crowded street, no children palying near it. Its 6 lanes wide of pure bliss and the sherrif caught me accelerating around another car. I was in 5th gear and he clocked me at 61, or so he says, but he put 72 on my tic. Well i guess its a mandatory court appearance, and he told me theyd probly take away my license. He said i was lucky he didnt tow my car, i said that what i get for watching my boost guage instead of the speed-o-meter.

Man, you better fight that s***, and make sure that you tell them what the cop told you about the speed. Get a lawyer if needed, because they are gona fry you.

ouch, where was that man?

You can't go too cheap on RD. With these you really get for what you pay for. I have a Beltronics 955($180) and it really gets the cop from a good distance. s***, sometimes I think is a false alarm, because it will be beeping for a couple of minutes, but then I see the patrol car. Very good detector.

Hmmm I may have to look into this because I have $125 worth in gift cards to Circuit City from Christmas. CC is selling the 955 for $169.

I wonder how it compares to the Valentine. Also how many people have gotten nabbed even WITH a radar?

I got pulled for going 36 in a 35 once

Cop pulled me out of the car, accused me of street racing because another modified car was in front of me and he also accused me of trying to evade him because I pulled into a parking lot. Then he said "nah, just kidding, I just wanted to check out your car" -- turned out to be a friend of mine from high school, lol.

Cop pulled me out of the car, accused me of street racing because another modified car was in front of me and he also accused me of trying to evade him because I pulled into a parking lot. Then he said "nah, just kidding, I just wanted to check out your car" -- turned out to be a friend of mine from high school, lol.

(rlaugh)

btw...radars are definitely not some kind of magical wand you wave to get rid of all your problems. you should still drive carefully and watch like mad for cops, but they WILL protect you from the stupid tickets that you would have gotten from some pissed off cop radiating his X band all over the freeway as he picks up a few more tickets to appease the serg before the end of the month! ;)

oh wow...is that your winter setup? i'm running the same with blizzaks on my (now-bent) sport edition f7's...=/

I was gonna say this sounds really really familar. Cause that is what happen to one of my former roommates. Except it didnt turn out that well. From what he says he downshifted at a red light right when it turned green so he accerlated besides another modifed car and the cop got him going 36 in a 35 and got a street racing ticket and was taken to jail lol. Ahh that was a hilarous night.

oh wow...is that your winter setup? i'm running the same with blizzaks on my (now-bent) sport edition f7's...=/

yup, its a winter setup with ContiExtremeContact tires. Although with the weight decrease and ride quality, I believe I may end up with 17s as a summer setup as well. Oh, less wheel hop, too.

[/threadjack]

yup, its a winter setup with ContiExtremeContact tires. Although with the weight decrease and ride quality, I believe I may end up with 17s as a summer setup as well. Oh, less wheel hop, too.

[/threadjack]

ya, that's exactly why i'm gonna stay with 17s or maybe even 16s when the summer rolls by again...all the better to make our cars more stealth from the cops! ;)

You see thats my problem. We have no winter here, hence no skittish snow/ice driving. Its easy to drive much faster than that silly white sign says. BTW i drive 25 in residential and not a hair faster, school zones and senior citizen zones same deal. Get me a road thats a freeway with a 35 mph speed limit and i cant control myself.

senior citizen zone?? wow... "caution: blue-hairs ahead" with a silhouette of a hunch back with a cane?

Latest posts

Back