The Official: "I got a ticket in my 3" thread...

jbiird317

:
07 MS3-GT
Well, I have seen more than a few "got a ticket today" threads come out, so I thought I'd save everyone the trouble and give us a central point to gripe about gettin busted.

I'll start things off:

Sunday morning going north on the Jersey Turnpike (exit 3ish) got pulled over doing 90 in a 65. There was no one in front or behind me, I was just zoned out on the way to see my gf in new york and didnt see the cop til too late. Well he turned out to be a nice guy and gave me a ticket for "creating risk of an accident" which is really just a glorified parking ticket so theres no insurance and no points involved. This is my first ticket since I was 16, so even tho he was nice, to me this still really sucks! The worst part of it all was that after he wrote the ticket I asked him if he knew my uncle who is a jersey state trooper. He didnt know him, but said if he knew I was related sooner he wouldnt have given me a ticket at all! Damn there is just no good way to bring that up to a cop without looking cocky or desperate. Oh well, he did compliment me on a nice car, just told me not to open it up on his road anymore :)

I got one back in October on the GW Parkway, just south of Alexandria where it turns back into a highway again. My buddy in the car was giving me a bunch of "this car isn't THAT fast" crap, so I got on it... RIGHT in front of a patrol car parked (hidden) on the side of the road. So I figured, it's 45 here, can't be that bad... wrong! I was still in the 35 zone, so I ended up with 63 in a 35. Luckily he didn't give me reckless driving, but he told me if I tried to dispute the ticket in court the judge would probably look at my speed and give it to me, so I was further ahead just paying it. 170 bucks for a speed that should have been reckless driving (which is about 3000 for VA residents) so I'm not all that upset.

I asked him if he knew my uncle who is a jersey state trooper.

oh crap! the easy way to always let them know this is to have a PBA card and hand it to the cop with your license! :D ask your uncle about it, and have him give you a card. it's basically a get-out-of-jail-free card that you can hand the cop and have him send you on your merry old way after he calls up your uncle to make sure you're for real...;)

i have gotten 3 took defensive driving for 1 and derefeed for the 2nd , but the third im gonna have to eat...

oh crap! the easy way to always let them know this is to have a PBA card and hand it to the cop with your license

yeah well I did ask him for one but he said he only gets so many of them and didnt want to have to pick and choose which relatives to give them to. So he gave one to his dad, one to his stepmom and the last one to his wife. Sucks for me i guess

i got one going 14 over, paid and dealt with. then i got one for going 33 over, 78 in a 45 :(, went to court and the cop didnt show up (guitar)

yeah well I did ask him for one but he said he only gets so many of them and didnt want to have to pick and choose which relatives to give them to. So he gave one to his dad, one to his stepmom and the last one to his wife. Sucks for me i guess

ouch...that really sux...=/ well, i guess the only way you can get out of it now is just to mention that he's your uncle. i wouldn't worry about sounding arrogant or something, because if it might get you out of the ticket, it's WORTH it! (eek2)

yeah about a year and a half ago I got 98 in a 45.. cop was cool and didnt take my license or anything. The judge however must have had a bad morning or just didnt like me cause he raped me with whatever he could. Was my first ever speeding ticket too. 473.00 Fine with court costs... no reckless driving or anything but got denied traffic school. So it was like good and bad all at the same time.

98 in a 45... good lord.

What did that do to your insurance?

I just got a 57 in a 35 and I'm going to get absolutely destroyed, I just know it.

Guys, get a radar detector, they been around for a long time, and they work. I can't tell you how many tickets mine have saved me.

98 in a 45... good lord.

What did that do to your insurance?

I just got a 57 in a 35 and I'm going to get absolutely destroyed, I just know it.

actually it didnt affect my insurance to much I dont think. I think maybe 5-10.00 more a month if even that. I was expecting to be paying out the ass too.

Guys, get a radar detector, they been around for a long time, and they work. I can't tell you how many tickets mine have saved me.

ummm yeah about that... you may need to state a specific kind of radar detector cause I definitely had one and it definitely did not work. It was the best radar detector but then I dont think it was the worst either.

120 in a 60. paid $385 + a couple hundred in court fees and i was back on the road again.

I've had 4 speeding tickets, all of which on the parkway. NY revoked it for 6 months got a conditional and now I mainly just end up with equipment violations. I still think NY is the crappiest when it comes to the fines and the court system for their tickets. You get charged again at the end of the year for all the tickets you get throughout the year. Last year I paid them almost an extra grand.

ummm yeah about that... you may need to state a specific kind of radar detector cause I definitely had one and it definitely did not work. It was the best radar detector but then I dont think it was the worst either.
You can't go too cheap on RD. With these you really get for what you pay for. I have a Beltronics 955($180) and it really gets the cop from a good distance. s***, sometimes I think is a false alarm, because it will be beeping for a couple of minutes, but then I see the patrol car. Very good detector.

Last edited:
You can't go too cheap on RD. With these you really get for what you pay for. I have a Beltronics 955($180) and it really gets the cop from a good distance. s***, sometimes I think is a false alarm, because it will be beeping for a couple of minutes, but then I see the patrol car. Very good detector.

hmm I might just check into that...I got it for christmas or my bday or something and it was around 100.00. Thanks for the advice.

70 in a 50, 90 bux, now i hav 6 pionts driver improvement here i come, another $300 woo hoo!!

lucky though i got tested for dui, passed that PEW PEW

Hmmm..... I really cant sympathize...... Ive never gotten a ticket. Every time I get pulled over, I just hand the military ID with my DL and they just say "Slow down, Semper FI" and let me go. :D

Although I SHOULD have gotten a ticket last month. I was doing 85 in a 55 construction zone as I headed down the 99, just north of where it turns into the I-5. Damn motorcycle cops are so hard to spot!!!

Back